myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The new American Fascism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
I believe that the national debt is out of control and we need entitlement program reform.
The debt added by this Democrat Administration equals the combined total of all prior administrations. Zero attempt made to reform entitlements. The only serious proposals came from Ryan (R).

coboardhead wrote:
I believe our regulations are onerous and do not accomplish their goals efficiently.
Yet this Democrat Administration has relentlessly piled on additional regulations at a massive cost

coboardhead wrote:
I disagree with a lot of the liberal ideas including free college and free child care.
Yet free college and hugely subsidized child care are central planks of your candidate's platform

coboardhead wrote:
I believe that gun control is not violence control.
Yet this Administration and your candidate have routinely said the reverse

Despite all of this, despite the implosion of this Administration's signature domestic program, despite a flat-lining economy and foreign policy miscalculations which have contributed the most dangerous global atmosphere for more than half a century, you simply cannot bring yourself to withdraw your support from Democrats because of the GOP's.......
Quote:
......strong stands on social issues including choice, women's rights and gay rights.

The GOP has controlled the House for 6 years. Will you please remind us of legislation they have passed during that time, negatively impacting "choice, women's right and gay rights" which even remotely approach the impact of the items I list above, all of which affect hundreds of millions in this, and in future generations. Thank you.

I'm not adequately represented by the Democrats either Mrgybe. That's why I voted for the GOP candidates in every election since I voted for Carter as a college kid until I decided we needed to get rid of GW.

But, I feel strongly in personal choice, religious freedom, and reproductive rights. As strongly as I feel for fiscal issues. The GOP platform has supported legislation affecting all of these. Too many examples to post. The courts are constantly ruling on these cases and ultimately the Supreme Court will be hearing these well into the next couple of decades.

I also feel strongly that our largest fiscal issue moving forward for foreseeable future are medical and retirement costs. The Bush administration only added to this problem by burying their heads in the sand with a massive increase in entitlements with the Medicare Part D program. The GOP legislature tried how many times to bury the ACA? Many times without any sort of backup plan on how to deal with the affects that would have on the Medicare Trust Fund.

I do fault the Obama Administration for piling on additional regulations without the due diligence to what affects or successes they may have.

But, I cannot overstate the importance that the Supreme Court holds in my choice for President at this juncture.

In my ideal world, the Senate would have approved Garland to insure a balanced court and Kasich would be the GOP candidate. But, I don't get my ideal world.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot cite a single piece of significant legislation passed by the Republican controlled Congress in six years which negatively impacts the groups you worry about. And you fret about the balance of a Supreme Court which, in it's apparent conservative bias, invented a reason to legitimize Obamacare, and legalized gay marriage. What more do you want? Yet you allow hypothetical threats to your chosen victim groups to relegate into second place, real national and global threats, which can impact the well-being a safety of hundreds of millions in this country and around the globe. Proper perspective would suggest that your choice is not rational.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe

If you are interested in a list of assaults on choice, for example. I can furnish you dozens of legislative actions taken throughout the US that have/and will make it to our courts. But, I doubt you are interested. We both know that there is a constant barrage of laws being introduced to limit or exclude access to abortions. And, you may just need to listen to your candidate state his position on choice just last night.

Seriously, you want me to list the legislation the GOP has attempted on the ACA? There have been so many bills introduced it has become comedy. What stops the legislation is that it will be vetoed by the President.

These examples of failed legislation are why I am force to vote for a Democrat now (actually the GOP candidate is a nut job which makes it easier). Without the balance check from the Democrats I don't trust the GOP not to push the right agenda all the way.

I probably should also point out a bit of math to you. I won't get into the hard numbers since nobody ever wants to hear it. The increases in the debt during Obama's term are largely out of his hands. A large part of the Federal budget is non discretionary spending. The only way to change this is with legislative action. Major legislation BTW which would affect the re-election prospects for every member of congress since the legislation largely affects seniors, veterans and other entitlements.

Add to that the forwarded costs of the mid-east wars. Estimated to be $5 trillion...completely unfunded by tax dollars. The Bush tax cuts also increased the deficit and the debt carried forward because they ran for much of Obama's first term.

These numbers have been presented numerous times on this forum and elsewhere. Yet, you continue to assign the blame for the full debt increase to Obama?
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
NP wrote:
Forget new American fascism how about old American BS -this about sums it up. And now Dean can say I hate the US, more BS.

http://youtu.be/ML3qYHWRIZk

Thanks for sharing Rolling Eyes Exactly, what is your point here NP? Just hurling insults that might stick somewhere?

Colorado is better than any place in Canada...so there. Wow, that is fun! Now, I see why you do it.

Yah but you don't have Whistler/Blackcomb, the best ski area in North America Laughing Laughing Laughing
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
NP wrote:
Forget new American fascism how about old American BS -this about sums it up. And now Dean can say I hate the US, more BS.

http://youtu.be/ML3qYHWRIZk

Thanks for sharing Rolling Eyes Exactly, what is your point here NP? Just hurling insults that might stick somewhere?

Colorado is better than any place in Canada...so there. Wow, that is fun! Now, I see why you do it.

Yah but you don't have Whistler/Blackcomb, the best ski area in North America Laughing Laughing Laughing

All that vertical is a waste. The lower half is a slush fest. I'll take my area, Telluride, over it any day. Plus, Crested Butte is an hour and a half away. Then there's Silverton Mountain...But, you would have to know how to ski to go there.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take Squaw Valley over all of the above , and I love Crusty Butt! Only JH competes with SV, IMO.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.K. Squaw has pretty good terrain. But, I have only skied it in the spring. Good terrain, but the snow gets heavy near the bottom too. Telluride has doubled the area of chutes and bowls in the last decade. So, if you haven't been there in awhile...Plus the bump skiing is without compare IMHO.

Jackson. Well, can't argue there I guess. My best day ever was on that mountain.

Boggs, you really need to try Silverton Mountain if you like powder. Pretty epic. Face shots all day long. That's why it's good powder skiing. Other places get better power but the amount per skier is really what matters!

I will admit that chopper skiing in Canada is pretty much without compare. But, the Canadians are too critical...harshes the buzz.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love areas like Silverton, high elevation, never crowded.. I agree on SV, sometimes the snow quality can get bad, and the crowds on powder days have become unbearable... However, there is no mountain that I know of anywhere, where I can get 2000 feet of vertical after a 6 minute chair ride, that also accesses 100 different lines that are all steep !!!
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fast chairs have a price! What makes CB and SM great is that the slow lifts and traverses make you work for it. But big rewards.

A powder day at the top of Telluride is a relatively new thing. Those upper bowls with high speed lifts are pretty good...not super steep though. My other area is Taos. On a good year...OMG! First date with my wife was Taos! She rocked...so I married her.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowbird Alta Mineral basin is tough to beat. 6000 acres, 3250 vert. great lifts, reasonable price, kick ass terrain, hands down best snow. My go to mountain.
Telluride looks sweet but a pain in the ass from Boston. SV looks interesting, but it's hard to justify flying past Utah,Colo,Wyoming.

Either way its all good, I had a great day at DV this year(12"fresh) and we all know what an overrated hill that is...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: