myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The new American Fascism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Snowbird/ Alta...great terrain and snow..Matty, SV is worth the trip ..
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Snowbird Alta Mineral basin is tough to beat. 6000 acres, 3250 vert. great lifts, reasonable price, kick ass terrain, hands down best snow. My go to mountain. "

Best terrain I ever boarded and an easy drive from SLC. Screw Mammoth, it's always icy.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snow quality, diverse terrain (but we're not talking Olympics, like SV, my local favorite), economic, short lift lines, nice babes, and underrated.
Mount Bachelor, Or., I've never had a bad day there, and I've become kinda burned out on Squaw, age and crowds might have something to do with that.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Batch, but its flat!!!!
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's not this.
From~
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3855390/Can-spot-skier-photo-extreme-sportsman-plummeting-near-vertical-13-000ft-peak.html
mac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
I believe that the national debt is out of control and we need entitlement program reform.
The debt added by this Democrat Administration equals the combined total of all prior administrations. Zero attempt made to reform entitlements. The only serious proposals came from Ryan (R).

coboardhead wrote:
I believe our regulations are onerous and do not accomplish their goals efficiently.
Yet this Democrat Administration has relentlessly piled on additional regulations at a massive cost

The GOP has controlled the House for 6 years. Will you please remind us of legislation they have passed during that time, negatively impacting "choice, women's right and gay rights" which even remotely approach the impact of the items I list above, all of which affect hundreds of millions in this, and in future generations. Thank you.

For the most part I agree with CB and he has done an excellent job of articulating the problems created by the GOP's pivot to the extreme. But some lies are too bold to ignore.

Lie one. Obama indeed proposed a grand bargain to deal with entitlements. The GOP proved to be more afraid of Grover Norquist and the Tea Party. McConnell would not accept a dime of tax increase to deal with the fiscal problems created or abetted by GOP policies and actions. To describe Ryan as having a serious proposal is as crazy as Trump. Ryan proposed massive tax cuts that would have made the problems worse. Unlike Ryan, Boehner and McConnell, Obama knew what it would take to get enough Democratic votes to cut entitlements.

Lie 2. All presidents have established regulations--they are required to do so to implement laws that Congress proposes. The 3 areas of new regulations were for implementation of the ACA, the Dodd Frank (which has now paid for itself with the Wells Fargo fines), and regulation of CO2 emissions under the Clean Air Act and a final Supreme Court decision. When you lose a policy battle--at all three centers of government--you bitch and moan about regulations.

Lie 3. ALEC, supported by mrgybe' buddies at Exxon, has proposed legislation to restrict both abortion and birth control in many states and in Congress. Most of those restrictions have been found to be unconstitutional--but after costing the public huge sums in legal costs.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
NP wrote:
Forget new American fascism how about old American BS -this about sums it up. And now Dean can say I hate the US, more BS.

http://youtu.be/ML3qYHWRIZk

Thanks for sharing Rolling Eyes Exactly, what is your point here NP? Just hurling insults that might stick somewhere?

Colorado is better than any place in Canada...so there. Wow, that is fun! Now, I see why you do it.

Yah but you don't have Whistler/Blackcomb, the best ski area in North America Laughing Laughing Laughing

I used to ski it for free on a corporate pass. Skied the Sudan Couloir in June when it was roped off. Bottom of the run was VW sized boulders. If you screwed up you ate it. We ended up on the front of the Vancouver Sun for that move.....something about us being crazy.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the face of all evidence to the contrary, MSNBC host Andrea Mitchell claimed on Thursday that allegations that Democratic National Committee chair Donna Brazile leaked town hall questions to the Clinton campaign have been “completely knocked down".

WOW, PROPOGANDA WING OF THE DNC
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
We both know that there is a constant barrage of laws being introduced to limit or exclude access to abortions. And, you may just need to listen to your candidate state his position on choice just last night.
First, as I have said previously, Trump is not my candidate. I will not vote for someone who is not fit to be President. Clearly you feel differently. You have sleepless nights about Congress taking away those poor helpless women's rights. Under Republican control, they have not passed a single piece of legislation in that regard. The overwhelming majority of state actions relates to gestational limits which reflect vastly improved technology and public sentiment. By way of contrast, your candidate made it clear she has no opposition to Colorado style law which permits a baby to be aborted right up to the delivery date.

coboardhead wrote:
Seriously, you want me to list the legislation the GOP has attempted on the ACA?
Seriously! You will not vote for the GOP because of their opposition, from its inception, to legislation that almost everyone now acknowledges needs radical surgery. You would rather vote for the party that gave us that awful legislation!

coboardhead wrote:
The increases in the debt during Obama's term are largely out of his hands. A large part of the Federal budget is non discretionary spending. The only way to change this is with legislative action.
What has he achieved in that regard?

coboardhead wrote:
The Bush tax cuts also increased the deficit and the debt carried forward because they ran for much of Obama's first term.
The "Bush tax cuts" were temporary by design. They were renewed by this President in 2010 and he made them permanent in 2012. Yet you still blame Bush.

coboardhead wrote:
Yet, you continue to assign the blame for the full debt increase to Obama?
I have never said that. However, call me old fashioned, but I do not find it persuasive when a chief executive, and his supporters, say "it wasn't my fault" after 8 years at the helm.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More horseshit on abortion from the archbishop. His statement, and Trump's, are lies. Here is the test:

Quote:
Roe vs. Wade, the 1973 case legalizing abortion, made fetal viability an important legal concept. The Supreme Court ruled that states cannot put the interests of a fetus ahead of the interests of the pregnant woman until the fetus is "viable." The court defined viable to mean capable of prolonged life outside the mother's womb. It said this included fetuses that doctors expected to be sustained by respirators. The court accepted the conventional medical wisdom that a fetus becomes viable at the start of the last third of a pregnancy, the third trimester, sometime between the 24th and 28th week (a pregnancy usually lasts 38 weeks). Because the point of viability varies, the court ruled, it could only be determined case by case and by the woman's own doctor. Even if the fetus is viable, the court said, states could not outlaw an abortion if the woman's life or health was at stake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: