myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WIND NC shop in Avon announces closing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: WIND NC shop in Avon announces closing Reply with quote

This is very sad news. In a few months time Andy will relocate to Vermont along with his wife and children. The Wind NC shop will close. The internet shop will remain open.

This would have been a difficult decision to say the least, business and family both.
The shop will be sorely missed.

A posting I considered , carefully, feeling that a loss like this , I want to share.
All the best in Vermont, I have a extra snowboard bench..

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
asiat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwind-nc.com%2F2016%2F10%2Fbig-news-our-avon-store-location-is-closing%2F&h=iAQGzstam&s=1
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the very best to Andy and his family in their new adventure. He has made a large contribution to windsurfing in the OBX and will be missed.
rswabsin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that is sad news. I was just in the shop a few weeks back and they had a nice sale going on pretty much all windsurfing gear. We'll miss your support through the years. I always enjoyed the Lost in Hatteras Blog from some years back. Maybe the next step will be a skiing/snowboarding blog about New England. Best of luck to you and your family Andy.

Rob
Wind-NC.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, thanks for reaching out! Yup, it's true- we're moving back up to our old stomping grounds near Burlington VT and Lake Champlain. I am super pumped to get back up there, hit the lake, and do some road tripping to all of the New England coastal spots and other amazing lake and river spots up north. Not to mention getting up in the mountains again. Can't wait!

Regarding the shop in NC- we're going to start packing everything up in just a few more days, so last chance for any orders in 2016 is December 1st. There are still a few smoking deals left on some amazing windsurf and SUP equipment, so don't miss this last opportunity! 'Cause once I have to deal with moving it up to our new spot in VT, the prices will go back up to more normal levels.

My family and I look forward to continuing to serve our customers via phone, email, and our online store. We really look forward to sailing with everyone on their home turf! And yes, we will definitely miss Hatteras, but we'll come back on vacation and hopefully stay in tune with all of the events and happenings going on!

Please feel free to read the details of our moving decision here: http://wind-nc.com/2016/10/big-news-our-avon-store-location-is-closing/

See you all on the web and in the water!
-Andy, Anne, and the rest of the Wind-NC crew

http://wind-nc.com
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You made the right move! With two young ones family trumps everything. I lived on Maui in 1990 but when my wife got pregnant we moved home to Connecticut. No regrets whatsoever.
tm00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back to the neighborhood. Lake Champlain is still a fun place to sail.
Ugly_Bird

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wind-NC-Hatteras wrote:
Hey guys, thanks for reaching out! Yup, it's true- we're moving back up to our old stomping grounds near Burlington VT and Lake Champlain.

There is a windsurfing store in Burlington. Visited it a week ago. It is really nice and nice people.

Wind-NC-Hatteras wrote:
other amazing lake and river spots up north. Not to mention getting up in the mountains again. Can't wait!

One of the amazing sports to check out is Kitewing.com
It is right here on lake Sunapee. I tried a wing in February and absolutely loved it. Will try to get into the sport this winter.

Andrei
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: