myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Calexit because of Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a long way from pre existing conditions and staying on your parents plan to keeping Obama care.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
If Trump does what he says he will do, my wife will be left with scores of patients without insurance and healthcare within a few months.

This is why you need to take a breath. If you seriously believe that Trump will take away insurance and healthcare from your wife's patients without any replacement, you are being irrational.

coboardhead wrote:
I have a wife who cannot stop crying for her patients and she is too weary to fight the system any longer. For awhile there was hope...it is gone.

I'm sorry your wife is distressed. However, to lay her weariness at fighting the system at the feet of a man who got elected on Tuesday, seems a little unreasonable! The overwhelming consensus is that ACA needs radical changes. Trump had nothing to do with that legislation. Surely you owe him the opportunity to offer concrete proposals before throwing up your hands in despair?
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the years, I've found that the Republican's idea of "something better" doesn't often measure up. But, we're going to need to wait to see how shallow the pool will be when they get done draining what they want out of it.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
It's a long way from pre existing conditions and staying on your parents plan to keeping Obama care.

I'm not sure you can do one without the other.. Prices are going up, and big pharma rallied this week, because pricing will not be capped... So, consumers will eat that through higher premiums...
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Trump is already walking back the repeal Obamacare bullshit he hoodwinked the gullible fools in the heartland with. Interview w WSJ today..

I think he was actually trying to show some respect for obama after their meeting yesterday. But I guess he gets no points for trying to extend an olive branch to the left.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty, Trump now has to put the rubber on the road. No more candidate BS, and having a local rally. Everything is in the details.

I wonder whether the crew that Trump is assembling really have what it takes. Of course, what he does from now to Jan.20 is one thing, but after that, everything changes. Congress must approve the president's cabinet, and many other executive appointments.

Ivanka, or other family members might be big on Trump's short list, but will Congress see things in the same way?
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
mat-ty, Trump now has to put the rubber on the road. No more candidate BS, and having a local rally. Everything is in the details.

I wonder whether the crew that Trump is assembling really have what it takes. Of course, what he does from now to Jan.20 is one thing, but after that, everything changes. Congress must approve the president's cabinet, and many other executive appointments.

Ivanka, or other family members might be big on Trump's short list, but will Congress see things in the same way?

I'm confident the team he puts together will be head and shoulders better than the far left, nasty, libtards they will be replacing.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
If Trump does what he says he will do, my wife will be left with scores of patients without insurance and healthcare within a few months.

This is why you need to take a breath. If you seriously believe that Trump will take away insurance and healthcare from your wife's patients without any replacement, you are being irrational.

coboardhead wrote:
I have a wife who cannot stop crying for her patients and she is too weary to fight the system any longer. For awhile there was hope...it is gone.

I'm sorry your wife is distressed. However, to lay her weariness at fighting the system at the feet of a man who got elected on Tuesday, seems a little unreasonable! The overwhelming consensus is that ACA needs radical changes. Trump had nothing to do with that legislation. Surely you owe him the opportunity to offer concrete proposals before throwing up your hands in despair?

You, more than anyone here, know that businesses, even medical practices, develop business plans based on the information available. The information we have been given, from Mr. Trump, over the past 18 months is that he will repeal the ACA. He has had ample time to present detailed alternatives, as has the GOP controlled Congress, for working within the framework of the existing law. We have seen no such plans for integrating GOP strategies into the ongoing effort to provide less costly, and more universal, medical care.

This has not happened. Some providers just may be unwilling to invest any more money or effort, at this time, to comply with Medicare regulations that may no longer be in effect in 3 months. It just doesn't make good business sense given Mr. Trump's past business record (the reason given that he is the man for the job), the GOP's past performance, and the PUBLIC response provided on Tuesday.

So, the voters may get something they didn't want because they, blindly, followed the political rhetoric. That is decreased access to care for Medicare subscribers. There are real life costs to political rhetoric sometimes.

On a personal note. While I am appalled that the electorate chose Mr. Trump, and very surprised, shocked and disappointed, this did not mean we had not developed a business reaction to a Trump victory. That would be poor business strategy. It will be, methodically, implemented. It is just disheartening and emotional to do it.

Last edited by coboardhead on Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:38 am; edited 2 times in total
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
j

MG

With due respect. You do not have a clue about what you are talking about on the economics of health care and health care insurance. There are a number of good sources I have provided over the last 5 years on this forum that explain why the insurance companies will not provide products to a market that allows pre-existing medical conditions without substantial portions of the rest of the law.

Apparently, I was just wasting my time providing you those sources.

Oh wait! Trump said it would work. I guess that's all you need to know.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
The information we have been given, from Mr. Trump, over the past 18 months is that he will repeal the ACA. He has had ample time to present detailed alternatives

How much detail did you have from Senator Obama 8 years ago? Little more than broad strokes. That's the nature of the beast. Politicians make sweeping assertions during their campaigns to gain support. Trump is no different. However, those of us with a little experience know that, when the reality of governing hits, campaign promises are moderated. I expect nothing less from Trump. He has publicly acknowledged that some aspects of the ACA should remain. Of course they should. Repeal and replace was his campaign slogan. Not repeal and to hell with those who have no insurance. Give it some time before jumping off a bridge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: