myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
trump hypocrisy 101
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to rebut the wild claims about jobs that Malibu received through his tin hat, look at the facts:

Quote:
Reprinted with permission from Alternet.

Again and again on the campaign trail, Donald Trump made promises he couldn’t keep, playing on the ignorance of his base and revealing his own glaring misunderstanding of policy. The GOP candidate repeatedly vowed to strongarm companies into keeping jobs at home instead of sending them to Mexico, renegotiate NAFTA and impose stiff import taxes on foreign goods. It was a message that appealed widely to Trump supporters, blending the illusion of economic hope with the rubric of “America First” nationalism.

Problem is, nothing about Trump’s vision has anything to do with reality, and U.S. jobs continue to be sent across the border. As Bloomberg reports:

Illinois Tool Works Inc. will close an auto-parts plant in Mazon, Illinois, this month and head to Ciudad Juarez. Triumph Group Inc. is reducing the Spokane, Washington, workforce that makes fiber-composite parts for Boeing Co. aircraft and moving production to Zacatecas and Baja California. TE Connectivity Ltd. is shuttering a pressure-sensor plant in Pennsauken, New Jersey, in favor of a facility in Hermosillo.

Those companies aren’t alone. Indianapolis-based firm Rexnord is moving 300 jobs to Monterrey, Mexico, despite a December tweet by Trump meant to shame the company into staying. That company is located just up the road from Carrier, the air conditioning manufacturer Trump falsely claimed to have bribed into keeping 1,100 jobs in its home state. Like nearly every victory claimed by the president, it too was a lie. As CNN Money notes, only 800 factory jobs were saved while 500 are still being shifted south.

Trump’s falsehood moved a local union leader to declare POTUS had “lied his ass off.”

“Trump and Pence, they pulled a dog and pony show on the numbers,” Chuck Jones, president of the local steelworkers union, told the Washington Post. “I almost threw up in my mouth.”
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
It's quite interesting that F, GM are struggling as oil crests back up to $52..and Ford announces that its basically a truck company, AND they are seeing troubling signs with their loans...DOH!!!

Those bad loans are indicative of the lousey economy Obama left us with. But, jobs and manufacturing are on the move now.

Question. How much money have you made from the Trump rally?

(1) Disagree..Ford seems to be experiencing a Ford specific issue. F-150 loans are tanking.
(2) more than enough to buy a new board...but the Obama rally retired me.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsy, As a shareholder of your former employer, I'm delighted to hear you have retired. We should have guessed from the amount of time you spend here that you couldn't possibly still be in full time employment. Time to update that wardrobe.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a figure of speech...."retired" , as in the appreciation of my net worth during the years 2009-2016, will allow me hang out at windsurfing spots , drink coffee, and complain ...like a lot of really retired dudes.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Its a figure of speech...."retired" , as in the appreciation of my net worth during the years 2009-2016, will allow me hang out at windsurfing spots , drink coffee, and complain ...like a lot of really retired dudes.

Remember what comes after Retire......Expire
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

I know..."retire" for me is the end of busting into the city everyday at an ungodly hour, and work for the man. As much as I want to be the dude in the old POS van, with the grey ponytail, I doubt that will ever be me.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

again the hypocrite and chief where is his secret plan that was going to revolutionize the world, but could not tell us because the sauce would be out....

Now he is blaming Syria gas attack on Obama. But again every bad nation has provoked at Trump since he took office, geee north Korea what 4 times.

But here is what is even more hypocritical. Trump in 2013 or there abouts when Syria used chemical weapons tweeted that Obama better not go to war in Syria because of it...

tooo friggen funny... hopefully all the right wing owned media plays that and serves that one up. Should be front page and repeated every hour for 3 days like the Dr Dean yelp that had no reason to play it.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/04/trump-syria-obama-tweets-hypocrisy-chemical-attack

Trump Hypocrisy: Blaming Syrian Chemical Attack on Obama
In 2013, Trump tweeted—repeatedly—that Obama should do nothing in Syria.

mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

I know..."retire" for me is the end of busting into the city everyday at an ungodly hour, and work for the man. As much as I want to be the dude in the old POS van, with the grey ponytail, I doubt that will ever be me.

I plan on working at least 20hours a week till I no longer can. You can only ski and surf so many days. I would lose my mind if I was 100% retired.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so no right wingers comment on his hypocritical multiple tweets.

so was his only top secret plan he could not tell us on the campaign to blame everything on Obama.... with hypocrisy?

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow can not get any more hypocritical even on other levels... the hypocrite and chief.

Just two days ago he gives his dictator human rights abused a pat in the back to go ahead, kid of like telling trump supporters he will pay their legal bills if they assault blacks.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/4/4/1650028/-Trump-announces-US-won-t-go-after-Assad-Assad-thanks-him-by-gassing-his-own-people

Quote:
Just days ago, Donald Trump announced that the U.S. no longer had any problem with the regime of Syrian president, and Russian ally, Bashar Assad.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer said the U.S. approach was being driven by a new "reality" and that Assad's future had to be a decision for the Syrian people. Similar statements were made earlier by U.S. Cabinet members speaking in Ankara, London and at the United Nations.
Yes, Syrian people, like the thousands who died in Aleppo under withering artillery and constant bombing, will just have to vote Assad out at the next completely fair and free elections.

Now Assad has a nice thank you for Trump.

Airstrikes hit the city of Khan Sheikhoun in Idlib province at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday, giving off a "poisonous gas," according to Anas al-Diab, an activist with the Aleppo Media Center.

The casualties reportedly came as a result of asphyxiation caused by exposure to an unknown gas or chemical agent.
After a poison gas attack in 2013, President Obama went to congress with a request of military action against Syria. In response, Assad supposedly handed control of his chemical arsenal to his Russian allies. With Trump officially taking action against Assad off the table, the Syrian strongman apparently feels free to open up the gas vaults—or Putin did it for him.

The attack is seen as a test to the Trump regime. With Rex Tillerson missing in action, the State Department intentionally gutted, and a series of signals that the United States no longer puts the least value on human rights, authoritarian rulers every where are reading the signals that they are free to use whatever means they want to hold onto power.

Right now, hundreds of people in Syria are choking on an unknown chemical agent as part of Trump's test. And as a bonus question, there's now been an strike on the hospital where the gassing victims are being treated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 15 of 20

Jump to: