myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Election 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see E-Verify become a reality, but Republicans can't seem to make it a reality. Why is that?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
You told me I was speculating when I said Hillary had 2m vote lead and Mitt was out.. both are true statements.

............but they weren't at the time you made those statements, were they? Your poorly chosen candidate had 1.2M lead the time, and Mitt was still in. That's called speculating. Just like speculating that the market would crash if Trump was elected. Look it up if you're still confused.

When the head of Mitt's steering committee in NorCal 2012, told me he wont be in the Trump administration, I take his word for it, over your speculation. And extrapolating CA voters intentions over last 5 million ballots, is not speculating, go back to bed.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best analysis I've seen so far, from a Wisconsin conservative journalist Charlie Sykes. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/15/opinion/sunday/charlie-sykes-on-where-the-right-went-wrong.html?_r=0

Truly a post truth, post manners world. Add in global warming and I'm glad I'm old. At least my children will know I tried to do something about climate change. Something other than lie that is.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
swchandler,

The only fantasy here is of your making. While I didn't spend lot of time looking for tax fraud figures, here is one estimate. Now tell me that the amount of my tax rate isn't impacted by those gaming the system.

Quote:
Think tax evasion is a small problem? The Tax Justice Network released a report in November 2011 that showed that in the U.S., tax evasion amounts to $337.3 billion a year.

This was based on numbers from 1999 to 2006, and could be even higher in recent years as the weak economy may have led more people to hide money from the government. For example, the average tax refund decreased by $100 in 2011, maybe people are reporting less income in order to keep more of their money.

It’s hard to wrap my head around how much money that is. Congress was recently unable to agree on a plan to reduce the national deficit by $1 trillion over 10 years. Over the same time period, tax evasion will cost us well over $3.3 trillion.

I’m a big proponent of everyone following the tax rules. When we don’t, it means that everyone else has to pick up the slack. Because of this fraud, tax rates are likely higher and future generations will be paying for current expenses

http://sweatingthebigstuff.com/tax-evasion-costs-over-300-billion-each-year/

you are such a low level thinker..... it is hilarious.... what did you do for a living? too funny I have never seen so many low level thinkers on a forum. Not one right winger on this forum has a semblance of a brain.

do you have a ability to even think?

again the above data is from a group that is talking about right wing corporations in the USA and below around the world as being the tax cheats you moron.

wiki
Quote:
In July 2012, following a study into wealthy individuals with offshore accounts, the Tax Justice Network published claims regarding deposits worth at least $21 trillion (£13 trillion), potentially even $32 trillion, in secretive tax havens. As a result, governments suffer a lack of income taxes of up to $280 billion.[2][3][4]

techno900

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baja said:
Quote:
again the above data is from a group that is talking about right wing corporations in the USA and below around the world as being the tax cheats you moron.

If you are referring to the Tax Justice Network report from 2011 as your justification for your very rude comments, here is a summary from the front page of the actual report:

Quote:
The Cost of Tax Abuse, 2011

A briefing paper on the cost of tax evasion worldwide, 2011.

Highlights:
Total tax evasion in excess of US$3.1 trillion, or 5.1% of global GDP, is due to activity in the shadow economy.

Only a minority part of this is due to tax havens.

Total healthcare spending worldwide amounted to $5.7 trillion. Tax evasion cost, on average, 54.9% of healthcare spending.

The unweighted average rate of tax evasion to healthcare spending is 110%.

Should you want to check out the full report and see where the numbers originated for the report that Sweatingthebigstuff published - go for it.

http://www.taxjustice.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Cost-of-Tax-Abuse-TJN-2011.pdf

Baja, you really, really need to get a life.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Best analysis I've seen so far, from a Wisconsin conservative journalist Charlie Sykes. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/15/opinion/sunday/charlie-sykes-on-where-the-right-went-wrong.html?_r=0

Truly a post truth, post manners world. Add in global warming and I'm glad I'm old. At least my children will know I tried to do something about climate change. Something other than lie that is.

You have to laugh at how Mac now uses a RIGHT WING TALKSHOW as the benchmark of truth.

Charlie is a RINO, never Trumper, who is entitled to his opinion, but that's all it is, his opinion.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
baja said:
Quote:

If you are referring to the Tax Justice Network report from 2011 as your justification for your very rude comments, here is a summary from the front page of the actual report:

Quote:
The Cost of Tax Abuse, 2011

A briefing paper on the cost of tax evasion worldwide, 2011.

Highlights:
Total tax evasion in excess of US$3.1 trillion, or 5.1% of global GDP, is due to activity in the shadow economy.

Only a minority part of this is due to tax havens.

Total healthcare spending worldwide amounted to $5.7 trillion. Tax evasion cost, on average, 54.9% of healthcare spending.

The unweighted average rate of tax evasion to healthcare spending is 110%.

Should you want to check out the full report and see where the numbers originated for the report that Sweatingthebigstuff published - go for it.

http://www.taxjustice.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Cost-of-Tax-Abuse-TJN-2011.pdf

Baja, you really, really need to get a life.

too funny... as I said what did you do for a living. You have no clue to what this report you just cited means... you really are stupid if you think this cited link backs up your point ....

Read the first line... you friggen idiot.... on summery. your cherry picking out of context on this report is pathetic. Not to mention your bolded one quote I did not find it.

again the first line is in line with their core premises of the group....from your link

Quote:
Tax evasion is the illegal non-payment of tax to the government of a jurisdiction to which is owed by a person, company, trust, or other organization who should be a taxpayer in that place.

now to cherry pick it says
Quote:
"part but not all of this will relate to tax haven activity"....
if this is where your bolded came from you really a stupid friggin lying moron... again if it is what did you do for a living? brainless... clueless one. again if your quote was your understanding of what I cited, your intellect is below a grade school kid.

and that you think this report is a breakdown of tax shelter of americans in the cayman islands vs a illegal worker working in front of a home depot you are delusional.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

Investment tip Mac. By Alaskan land. It will soon be the new Maui, with great surf too.
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baja, this might help you find where my quote came from:
http://www.taxjustice.net/2014/04/01/cost-tax-abuse-2011/

The original premise dealing with taxes was just that we all likely pay higher taxes because others ignore, cheat, or illegally manipulate our tax system of trillions of dollars. swchandler didn't seem to think so, so I posted material that originated from the Tax Justice Network to prove my point.

THEN, your warped mind got entwined in the debate, which typically sidetracks the issue into the twilight zone. As usual you are COMPELLED to have the final word, which will be proven when you respond to this post. This will be my final post on this issue.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting that the health care costs for the US is around $3.1T and the "estimated" cost of lost tax revenue due to the underground economy is $3.OT.....it's like I said....all the selfish covetous idiots making their cash deals left and right are screwing themselves and everyone else in the process. Aaaaah, it's liberating when you know you're not part of the problem. Of course, that doesn't jibe with the Liberal dialogue of "all corporations are evil". I wonder how many of the finger pointers are actually guilty of the same mentality they accuse these evil corporations of....my guess....most.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

Jump to: