myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Rick Perry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Moreover, the idea that gas prices have halved over the two to three years is total BS.

http://www.infomine.com/investment/metal-prices/crude-oil/2-year/

https://ycharts.com/indicators/gas_price
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP, I have to ask, why are you carrying water for mrgybe?

First, the price of crude oil isn't the same as gasoline at the pump.

Second, the price in California isn't nearly reflective of the North American average. Sometimes statistics are BS, and folks are getting pretty crafty today with numbers.

Do you have any idea of the range of gasoline prices at the pump over time? I think that it's safe to say that gas prices wander all over the map week to week. You never know with the price will be in your next fill-up. For me, it's about the price of gasoline in Santa Barbara, and I'm driving a 3/4 ton Chevy van. That's my reality.

You have to remember that we were discussing moving into Donald Trump's world of what things should be like for the future. Believe me, he's positioning the oil industry high in his program. With deregulation, where will things go? Certainly better for oil industries.

Think back not too long ago, and reflect on the substantial oil spill that occurred along the Gaviota coastline, and how it adversely effected small businesses and fisherman along the central coast. The spill happened less than 20 miles from where I live, and one of my favorite beaches was shut down for many weeks.

Overall, I think that we need to be critical of where the oil industry wants to go and why. Do we really want to extract, export and sell off our national resources for the specious profit of a few large corporate interests?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
NP, I have to ask, why are you carrying water for mrgybe?

You made the statement. I knew oil changed that much, because I was invested in it, and knew that gas went from $1.35 /L to $0.80 /L here. I checked the facts and posted them.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you've invested in oil. Is that where your interests lie?

Even at the prices you've presented, they aren't quite halved. Why stretch the facts?

I have to ask whether you think that gasoline prices are going to permanently drop to under $2.00 a gallon. It almost sounds like a Donald Trump promise to America.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Why believe a insolent crank from the oil industry? I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for gas under $2.00 a gallon. Moreover, the idea that gas prices have halved over the two to three years is total BS.

Are you trying to make yourself look ridiculous?

http://zfacts.com/gas-price-history-graph
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guaranteeing a permanent price of under $2.00 a gallon for the duration of the Trump Administration?

Why not present the price of gasoline for Santa Barbara over the last 2-3 years? Can zfacts do that? I'll wait.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
So, you've invested in oil. Is that where your interests lie?

Even at the prices you've presented, they aren't quite halved. Why stretch the facts?

I have to ask whether you think that gasoline prices are going to permanently drop to under $2.00 a gallon. It almost sounds like a Donald Trump promise to America.

Note the term "was" in my statement. I follow the advice of my investor. He's a previous customer worth megabucks. He lives his life and conducts his professional life according to his Jewish heritage, beliefs, and upbringing which I respect greatly. He's never done me wrong, so I listen to and follow his advice. That is where my interest lies.

It's pretty difficult to express disgust with an industry when you and I both drive gas pig 3/4 ton vans. If one is so worried about the impact of the oil industry, then surely they would take up kiting, and only sail within walking or biking distance. After all, even electric vehicles are far from being environmentally friendly. Kiting? short range EVs when I'm chasing waves all usually two hours drive from home....ya, that ain't happening for me either! Four trips to OBX in one year....oh the shame!

http://www.fuelly.com/car/chevrolet/express_2500
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Why not present the price of gasoline for Santa Barbara over the last 2-3 years? Can zfacts do that? I'll wait.

Santa Barbara:
2014 high - $4.34
2016 low - $2.33

http://www.SantaBarbaraGasPrices.com/retail_price_chart.aspx?city1=SantaBarbara&city2=&city3=&crude=n&tme=36&units=us
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Are you guaranteeing a permanent price of under $2.00 a gallon for the duration of the Trump Administration.

More nonsense. To repeat...... over the past several years gas prices have halved from their highs during that same period, they have dropped below $2 a gallon several times, and oil company profits have been decimated due to increased production which put supply out of balance with demand. Direct contradictions of your statements. Ignorance is not a virtue. Try educating yourself just a little rather than spouting ill-informed blather.
techno900

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oil and gas prices will be going up: We have been living with a glut of oil, plus usage has been going down, but now.................

From Bloomberg two weeks ago:

Quote:
OPEC Confounds Skeptics, Agrees to First Oil Cuts in 8 Years

OPEC confounded its doubters and sent crude oil prices soaring by agreeing to its first production cuts in eight years.

The deal, designed to drain record global oil inventories, overcame disagreements between the group’s three largest producers -- Saudi Arabia, Iran and Iraq -- and ended a flirtation with free markets that started in 2014. It was also broader than many had expected, extending beyond OPEC. Most strikingly, Russia agreed to unprecedented cuts to its own output.

The impact on the energy world was immediate: benchmark oil prices gained as much as 10 percent in New York and the share prices of energy companies around the globe jumped alongside the currencies of large exporters. Whether that’s sustained will depend on how strictly members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries stick to the agreement, something they haven’t always done in the past.

“This should be a wake-up call for skeptics who have argued the death of OPEC,” said Amrita Sen, chief oil analyst at Energy Aspects Ltd. “The group wants to push inventories down.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-30/opec-said-to-agree-oil-production-cuts-as-saudis-soften-on-iran
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: