myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Rick Perry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Have you guys noticed which two people start ~ 95% of these contentious, ultimately evil, shitstorm political threads?

if it isn't Doctor evil in person who does not post any links to back up his hate crimes...

Hmmm issil(iso) and Putin sitting in a tree, posting fake news together......

hey The trumper just tweeted to escalate making more nukes, but Perry says he is too busy because he is getting ready for dancing with the stars, and he plans on getting rid of the department of ooops.

mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Have you guys noticed which two people start ~ 95% of these contentious, ultimately evil, shitstorm political threads?

Berkeley and the mental patient are interested solely in making people as angry as they are. Ivanka Trump and her young children were verbally abused on a plane today, by a gay liberal man who was "trembling with rage" as he yelled at them. The constant drumbeat of inflammatory language from people like our two toxic posters fuels this type of irrational rage and there is a strong likelihood that this noxious barrage will have a bad outcome........just like their race baiting. Ignore them.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
isobars wrote:

Berkeley and the mental patient are interested solely in making people as angry as they are. Ivanka Trump and her young children were verbally abused on a plane today, by a gay liberal man who was "trembling with rage" as he yelled at them. The constant drumbeat of inflammatory language from people like our two toxic posters fuels this type of irrational rage and there is a strong likelihood that this noxious barrage will have a bad outcome........just like their race baiting. Ignore them.

too funny inflammatory rhetoric was taken to a presidential level you and yours, you are nothing but a lucifer low level thinker, ie moron.... oh you can have your presidential people dish it but you cry like little sore winners when dished right back,

She supported her fathers racism, hate and backed it, She deserves to hear what real people think, without lies. He did not win the popular vote, he has not shown any massive fraud, he and she are racist liars. He did not win the eletrolar vote with any record... he is a serial compulsive liar.

and better yet from a person that should be put on trial for crimes against humanity for teaching the oil companies how to lie about the damage they do to humans. again how many people have died because of your coverups, millions to tens of millions. I can not wait for the day they try you for crimes against humanity. you lucifer in the flesh...

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure, but what I think Dean is trying to say is,

Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!!!!!

....but I might be wrong.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
isobars wrote:

Selective outrage from Virginia. I no more approve of people yelling at Trump's children than I do of Trump voters yelling at people who speak Spanish: http://ktla.com/2016/12/21/video-of-womans-racist-tirade-in-jcpenney-goes-viral/

It is neither politic nor kind. But it always amuses me (never surprises me) to see outrage only at certain things. In the myopic world view of someone from Virginia, Trump bears no responsibility for his "constant drumbeat of inflammatory language" like "lock her up", or "build the wall", or some people need to be beaten up:

Quote:
At a rally Monday afternoon in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Donald Trump told a crowd of supporters that if they happened to see protesters getting ready to lob a tomato, they should “knock the crap out of them.” Trump began his speech by noting that he had received a warning from the “wonderful security guys.” He said:

There may be somebody with tomatoes in the audience. So if you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously. Okay? Just knock the hell— I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees. I promise, I promise. It won’t be so much ’cause the courts agree with us too.

Mrgybe cannot muster up any sense of outrage for this phenomenon in his home state where the New Century Foundation raises funds to preach white supremacy:

Quote:
BATON ROUGE, La. -- The federal government has allowed four groups at the forefront of the white nationalist movement to register as charities and raise more than $7.8 million in tax-deductible donations over the past decade, according to an Associated Press review.

Already emboldened by Donald Trump’s popularity, group leaders say they hope the president-elect’s victory helps them raise even more money and gives them a larger platform for spreading their ideology.

With benevolent-sounding names such as the National Policy Institute and New Century Foundation, the tax-exempt groups present themselves as educational organizations and use donors’ money to pay for websites, books and conferences to further their ideology. The money also has personally compensated leaders of the four groups.

New Century Foundation head Jared Taylor said his group raises money for the benefit of the “white race,” a mission taxpayers are indirectly supporting with the group’s status as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. The IRS recognized it, the Charles Martel Society, the National Policy Institute and VDare Foundation as charities more than a decade ago.

Samuel Brunson, a tax law professor at Loyola University in Chicago, noted the nonprofit status gives these groups a veneer of legitimacy and respectability.

“It should make people uncomfortable that the government is subsidizing groups that espouse values that are incompatible with most Americans,” he said.

The IRS has tried to weed out nonprofit applicants that merely spread propaganda. In 1978, the agency refused to grant tax-exempt status to the National Alliance, a neo-Nazi group that published an anti-Semitic newsletter. And in 1994, a court upheld the denial of tax-exempt status for the Nationalist Movement, a Mississippi-based white nationalist group.

Some tax experts said the IRS is still feeling the sting from conservative critics over its 2013 concession that it unfairly gave extra scrutiny to tea party groups seeking tax exemptions.

“I don’t think they’re feeling very brave right now,” said Ellen Aprill, a tax law professor at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles.

IRS spokesman Michael Dobzinski said he can’t comment on individual nonprofits.

Louisiana State University law professor Philip Hackney, a former IRS attorney, said the agency receives tens of thousands of applications annually and doesn’t have the resources to scrutinize many of them.

“A lot of applications fly through,” Hackney said. “They’re looking for easy ways to sort things out and kind of give rubber stamps.”

New Century Foundation, a Virginia-based nonprofit, has raised more than $2 million since 2007 and operates the American Renaissance online magazine, which touts a philosophy that it’s “entirely normal” for whites to want to be a majority race.

Taylor, a Yale-educated, self-described “race realist,” said his group, founded in 1994, abides by all laws governing nonprofits.

“We certainly did not conceal our intentions,” Taylor said. “I think we are educational in precisely the terms that Congress defined.”

Taylor, whose tax filing says he received $65,000 in compensation in 2015, said he isn’t raising money to enrich himself or his group.

“We hold it in trust for the white race,” he said. “We take this seriously. This is not something we do for fun or profit. This is our duty to our people.”

In a 2012 article, University of Georgia business professor Alex Reed argued the IRS “can and must” revoke the New Century Foundation’s charitable status. Reed said the agency’s lax enforcement allowed other groups - including ones he labeled as white nationalist, anti-gay, anti-immigrant or Holocaust deniers - to qualify for tax breaks under the guise of operating educational organizations.

The Montana-based National Policy Institute is run by Richard Spencer, who popularized the term “alternative right” about a decade ago. The so-called alt-right is a fringe movement that has been described as a mix of racism, white nationalism and populism.

Spencer’s group raised $442,482 in tax-deductible contributions from 2007 through 2012. More recent fundraising figures for the group aren’t available in online tax returns, but Spencer said Trump’s candidacy already has boosted his group’s fundraising.

Spencer hosted a postelection conference in Washington that ended with audience members mimicking Nazi salutes after Spencer shouted, “Hail Trump, hail our people, hail victory!” Spencer has advocated for an “ethno-state” that would be a “safe space” for white people.

The Georgia-based Charles Martel Society was founded by wealthy publisher William H. Regnery II, who also founded the National Policy Institute.

The group raised $568,526 between 2007 and 2014 and publishes The Occidental Quarterly. In an article last December, the journal’s editor applauded Trump’s campaign as a “game changer” for white people who oppose immigration and multiculturalism but said they “have a long way to go to really change the public discussion of race, Western culture, and Jewish influence.”

The Connecticut-based VDare Foundation is led by Peter Brimelow, founder and editor of an anti-immigration website. Brimelow, who spoke at the National Policy Institute’s conference last month, founded his nonprofit in 1999 and raised nearly $4.8 million between 2007 and 2015.

Brimelow has denied that his website is white nationalist but acknowledged it publishes works by writers who fit that description “in the sense that they aim to defend the interests of American whites.”

Brimelow received $378,418 in compensation from his nonprofit in 2007, accounting for nearly three-quarters of its total expenses that year. Brimelow says his salary that year was $170,000 and the rest reimbursed him for travel, office supplies and other expenses.

From 2010 through 2015, VDare Foundation didn’t report any compensation directly paid to Brimelow. But, starting in 2010, the nonprofit began making annual payments of up to $368,500 to Brimelow’s Happy Penguins LLC for “leased employees.” Brimelow disclosed his ownership of that company on tax returns.

Chuck McLean, a senior research fellow for the nonprofit watchdog Guidestar, said the IRS could view those “independent contractor” payments to Happy Penguins LLC as improper self-dealing unless the nonprofit can show they were “fair-market value transactions.” Brimelow says he set up that company to “protect” and pay his employees and himself.

Brimelow’s group reported modest fundraising increases for each of the past three years. He is confident that trend would continue during Trump’s administration.

“We have every reason to believe that it will,” he wrote in an email.

Trump's threats to the Freedom of Press, and witch hunts against scientists involved in climate research raise no hackles on the back of the archbishop. Even when those activities, by his friends or those who he simply agrees with, amount to defamation:

Quote:
BY HANK REICHMAN

In a victory for both academic freedom and science an appeals court ruled today that climate change scientist and AAUP Committee A member Michael Mann can sue two conservative writers over allegations that they defamed him. The case centers on posts written by Rand Simberg in a Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI) blog and Mark Steyn on National Review. Among other comments, Simberg called Mann the “Jerry Sandusky of climate science.”

The District of Columbia Court of Appeals ruled in a 111-page opinion that a “reasonable jury” could find that the pieces by Simberg and Steyn meet the standard necessary to prove that they illegally defamed Mann. Mann filed suit in 2012. The trial court dismissed the respondents motion to dismiss, which was then appealed to the higher court.

“Tarnishing the personal integrity and reputation of a scientist important to one side may be a tactic to gain advantage in a no-holds-barred debate over global warming,” Judge Vanessa Ruiz wrote for a three-judge panel. “That the challenged statements were made as part of such debate provides important context and requires careful parsing in light of constitutional standards. But if the statements assert or imply false facts that defame the individual, they do not find shelter under the First Amendment simply because they are embedded in a larger policy debate.”

In a statement, Mann said, “We are particularly pleased that the court, after performing an independent review of the evidence, found that the allegations against me have been ‘definitively discredited’. I am pleased by this unanimous decision of the court and we now look forward to presenting our claims of defamation to a jury.”

Perhaps mrgybe's selective outrage has much to do with the meta message from Trump--make America safe for polluters.
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac said:
Quote:
Trump bears no responsibility for his "constant drumbeat of inflammatory language" like "lock her up", or "build the wall",

I wonder if anyone on the left would be against a program that could completely control illegal access across our borders? Forget the method or cost for a moment, is the concept of a wall (or other mechanism) to keep illegals out, in anyway "inflammatory"? Please explain!

"lock her up" may be inflammatory, but many of us feel that it is deserved, much because of the choices she made. Certainly not politically correct, but that's exactly what promoted such a strong response at the polls from so many conservatives.

Last edited by techno900 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
mac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno--that is so much happy horseshit. At one point in the campaign, when asked what he would do about the many millions in this country, Trump pretty much said he would do what Obama did. During the first part of his administration, Obama ramped up enforcement dramatically. But there are such things as Constitutions and the Bill of Rights in this country, and the courts moved only very slowly.

I don't think it is possible to completely control illegal access across our borders. The prototype model out there is interdiction of drugs. We have spent hundreds of billions since the Reagan era--and the net result is that we have compromised many elements of law enforcement in multiple countries, and intercepted between 8 and 10% of drugs. What your see in our country now is the result of decades of lax enforcement, put into place at the behest of Ronald Reagan to protect California farmers from the farm workers union. Many large industries--particularly those related to semi-industrial agricultural practices like meat and fruit packing and the hotel industry have taken advantage of that. Of the perhaps 11 million in this country without permission, many have children who are citizens, and a small minority are criminals. A very large number have fled horrors in their country. My grandson's best buddy, who ate with us on Thanksgiving, is from Yemen.

What Hillary did may have been bad judgement or careless. Knowing something about government e-mail systems, I think she probably was reacting to a system that didn't work as well as the one she already had. Certainly she has done nothing in terms of deleting e-mails, keeping a separate e-mail system, or soliciting for her non-profit is either criminal--or different than what has been done by many Republicans.

But what Trump did in the way of demagoguery is wholly unacceptable. And what is worse, it worked--and you guys will apologize for him no matter how crude, no matter how many conflicts of interest, and no matter how many laws he violates in administering the existing system. Indeed I fear for my country that you can whip up a little xenophobia--and use it as an excuse to steal the public treasury and lands blind.
techno900

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac,

As usual, you dodge the quite obvious question. You claimed that Trump's "build a wall" is inflammatory, and I posted:
Quote:
I wonder if anyone on the left would be against a program that could completely control illegal access across our borders? Forget the method or cost for a moment, is the concept of a wall (or other mechanism) to keep illegals out, in anyway "inflammatory"? Please explain!

It seems to me that the "inflammatory" language is yours, but instead of acknowledging it, you side track to issues already debated ad nauseam.

Your game playing isn't being bought by any of us.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nonsense techno. You posed a nonsensical question--without regard to budget, would any lefties support "complete control" of our borders. I answered it. We have spent many hundreds of billions trying to control our borders for drugs--with an interception rate of less than 10%. It simply can't be done. I then went on to answer in the real world. We don't have the budget--in the courts or the security forces--to send back all those who are here illegally. More than half of us don't have the heart to rip families apart while damaging our economy to try. There are far more important things to work on with limited resources.

Those who ignore economics--and science--to blame the problems of automation on immigrants are pathetic. Happy New Year.
techno900

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac posted: [quote]Nonsense techno. You posed a nonsensical question/quote]

Still dancing I see. Either Trump's "build a wall" is or isn't an inflammatory statement. You say it is and I say it isn't. All you have to do is explain why you think it's inflammatory, no more, no less.

You seem incapable of standing by your inflammatory post, meanwhile you just keep digging a deeper hole.

mac signed off with:
Quote:
Those who ignore economics--and science--to blame the problems of automation on immigrants are pathetic. Happy New Year.

You clearly know that this is not the issue, but I guess it's the only way for you to deflect from your INFLAMMATORY statement. Go some, and take responsibility for your lefty, inflammatory, bias comment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: