myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Looking for a board
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mnichols

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Looking for a board Reply with quote

If it was summer, I am sure I could find a board. I have been through the classifieds and have not seen much, probably due to being off season. I am looking for a board with specs of 8ft to 9ft long, at least 2000 year or newer and of the a construction of sandwich type or type that does not have the seem all around the boards edge. The condition can be rough as long as it has not absorbed water. Don't care what make or model either and it needs to be in the New England area. I do not want to ship it to get it.

I know it sounds like a long list of conditions, but I want a board that I can experiment with, and not on the boards I own now. I have been interested in these new foils but not like the ones they sell. So I want to build a foil to help planning in lighter winds, I am a heavy sailor on lakes that have a lot of "holes" in the wind.

So if you have some thing let me know

Mark
joethewindsufa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately i do NOT have a board for you , but ...

what i do is go into the buy/sell section and sort by location
there are now some in Maine, NY, etc

this post also brings something up that has bothered me for some time
is World Sails @ Cape Cod the only place on the NE coast that sells used ??
in the buy/sell section there is RARELY any stuff from this area
and Canada - foget bout it !!
here we have kijiji and craigslist, but even they are not very active ...
where has all the good used stuff gone ???
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post your request on MI Windsurf. Forum

Perhaps Hatteras Facebook group.

The board you looking for is normal

Scan craigslist

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark, have you tried curtis sports connection? not New England but close. Here are some of their used boards. http://www.curtissportconnection.com/windsurfing_used_boards.htm
bred2shred

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a board Reply with quote

mnichols wrote:
I am looking for a board with specs of 8ft to 9ft long, at least 2000 year or newer and of the a construction of sandwich type or type that does not have the seem all around the boards edge.

I think you need to nail down your requirements a little better. About 85% of the windsurfing boards made in the last 15 years fit your criteria. An 8-9 foot board could be anything from a 150 Liter 100cm wide Formula board down to an 80 Liter wave board.....

sm
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is shipping a no-go? It can be pretty cheap from volume dealers.
fox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have pretty much given up on trying to sell windsurfing gear. It's been a couple years since I last tried (and succeeded), and it was during the summer months.

For a foil you are going to need a board with a strong finbox, or you will need to make it so if you are going that route. I have a board (powerbox) that would fit the bill for a heavy weight lake sailor, but ! would make no guarantee you could simply stick a foil in it.

PM me if you want to know what I have available.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fox wrote:
I have pretty much given up on trying to sell windsurfing gear. It's been a couple years since I last tried (and succeeded), and it was during the summer months.

I sold 15 boards just in 2015, mostly at or near my asking price, mostly at swap meets plus some at consignment shops. Like real estate, it's about Location, Location, and Location ... with a giant nod to presentation. Mine are spotless and solid; have thorough, honest performance reviews taped to them; and include fin, mast step, and good straps. In a couple of specific deals for specific reasons, I've included a money-back guarantee (all I ever got back was praise for the boards, as I expected.) Almost any good gear will sell if the price is right, by definition.

Here's the really weird part: I've displayed boards beside the water's edge at WSing sites, invited dozens of sailors to plug their own rigs into them and try 'em out in great conditions with no strings, and have never had even one taker.

I. Do. Not. Get. That.
and it's their loss.

Sails? I just trade 'em in in great condition and let the shop sell 'em. Everybody wins that way.
gobbdogg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,
I have a couple boards that might suit you- in southern Rhode Island-- price is cheap-- PM me
mnichols

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the suggestions and yes I need to add to some of what I am looking for such as 110 to 135 liter and probably in the category of free ride. I am trying not to add extra dollars with shipping, since I will be cutting and drilling holes in the board and if I am unsuccessful, I won't have a $1000 or more in to the board. My foil idea is not like the ones you typically see. I just was thinking of adding a type of foil to help plane quicker and sooner. The foil I like is the board most of you probably already have seen, I just saw it recently. I would love to try this http://www.ifoil.co.uk/

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: