myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I think i'll rant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millions of Muslims marching and shouting Death to America. How many of those guys do you want here to rape your family? Wake up.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluefish1 wrote:
We are like lemmings going over the cliff.

Half of us want to slow it down by electing officials who would implement policy to slow it down and ensure safety, an even economic playing field, a well funded public sector for science, education, clean air and water and infrastructure. The other half wants no rules, scorched Earth and a bullheaded parade over the cliff as fast as possible just so they can have their cake now! Oh and with guns blazing and bullets flying around schools, movie theaters, restaurants and bars. Selfish, greedy and insensitive group those guys. Kind of reminds me of the zombie apocalypse where every man is for himself and you take and kill what you need for your own unjustifiable personal existence.

The same bunch wants to regulate the most basic of human rights and what America was built on. What religion I can be to enter my country, what bathroom I can use, if I can get married, where I can put my church, which religion is the better one, where I can get birth control, what’s in my sisters uterus, if I can burn a stupid flag in protest of you preventing these personal rights. Can you say contradiction? Get the fuck out! You guys are just silly.

Bluefish I would recommend some form of therapy, you are sounding a little unhinged. Your second paragraph is loaded with false claims, and over exaggerated nonsense.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
So, 62% of the 7 million deaths that may be linked to air pollution in some way, are indoor air quality issues in third world countries/environments.

.....and of course, the duller members of this community are so myopic that, in their pathetic attempts to yet again demonize the oil business, they fail to recognize the solution overwhelmingly chosen by governments in these third world countries......replace wood, dung, biomass fuels with LPG. This will hugely improve the quality of life and health of hundreds of millions of our poorest in addition to those already receiving those benefits. Perhaps eventually these poor people will be able to afford Teslas and slave labor won't be needed to produce them.......until then we should all thank the oil industry for once again improving the lives of the poorest on the planet.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
mrgybe wrote:
mac wrote:
Facts reveal auto exhaust far more toxic than the chemicals mrgybe moans about.

Let's see the facts.

I posted the health risks on lithium. I posted the facts, and source, on 58,000 deaths in this country due to auto exhaust. Lithium health risk is trivial compared to petroleum risks. But maybe you don't understand exponents?

Translation...........he has nothing. Just made it up.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man who touts deregulation claims, after citations that I have posted, that I have nothing. Nonsense. Here is an article about cobalt mining, which documents the abuses and health risks of under-regulated and unregulated mining: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/business/batteries/congo-cobalt-mining-for-lithium-ion-battery/. None of you bothered to post it, or even your Faux news summaries that told you what talking points to use.

The story of cobalt mining is similar to that of coal mining in China, mineral mining in this country in the last century, diamond mining in Africa, and oil develoment in some parts of Africa where oil is stolen from pipelines and "refined" by the thieves. https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2013/oct/16/poor-nigerians-risk-refining-stolen-oil--"Possibly the most dangerous workplace in the world." Unfortunately, extraction of raw materials in many areas of the world exploits the workers and the environment, and the profits accrue to the oligarchs without creating secondary manufacturing industries. It is liberal NGO's, and so-called liberal journalists that identify and try to reform these abuses--and raw material exploiters--including the oil industry--that sponsor the abuses.

I have consistently supported regulations based on protection of public health. I would support trade agreements that used the USA's purchasing power to ensure minimum environmental standards. That was a key issue in the TPP--it had some environmental standards, but many thought them too weak. Who here believes that Trump will support stronger protection for cobalt miners--or that the carbon industry will urge him to do so?

Mrgybe, on the other hand, has not seen a health-based environmental regulation that he openly supported. People die in this country as a result of the anti-regulatory fervor. You must be proud and happy.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that he has finally conceded that the minerals essential to the "clean" energy he so routinely touts are not only toxic but also obtained through shocking exploitation of the health and safety of local workforce, including young children. His feeble attempt equate those abuses with the dangers of stealing oil from pipelines is pathetic.

However, when deriding my "moaning" about the destruction of workers health, he confidently proclaimed...

mac wrote:

For the third time of asking, please provide the "facts" that support that assertion.
jp5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical liberal lunatic rant. Nothing to see here, move along. Rolling Eyes
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
I'm glad that he has finally conceded that the minerals essential to the "clean" energy he so routinely touts are not only toxic but also obtained through shocking exploitation of the health and safety of local workforce, including young children. His feeble attempt equate those abuses with the dangers of stealing oil from pipelines is pathetic.

However, when deriding my "moaning" about the destruction of workers health, he confidently proclaimed...

mac wrote:

For the third time of asking, please provide the "facts" that support that assertion.

idiot no one has said we do not mine all over. We have mining in the USA, it is just we make it safer from the minors as well as the downstream. Though the pussy grabber just removed responsibility of any catastrophe from the business again so they can ooops I am sorry I did not build a proper containment wall. IE the people are now responsible for the corporations mistakes.

and yes we as a world should begin mitigating the worst problems killing and polluting. go after the worst first and work your way down. .

and yes you should be tried in world court for mass murder and cover ups. You are sililar to a saddam... you are a monster of a human. and very stupid. Just a high paid hit man.

mac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:

mac wrote:

You can't read health risk assessments? Compare the cancer slope for diesel emissions and for lithium and cobalt. Familiarize yourself with cancer slopes and exponents. Or try rebutting the references for deaths from such substances. Since you can't seem to think critically, or recall sources, I'll provide them yet again:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1352231013004548

Oh no, it is peer reviewed science, not happy horseshit from a denier site. You can find a summary tailored to your reading level here: http://usa.streetsblog.org/2013/10/22/mit-study-vehicle-emissions-cause-58000-premature-deaths-yearly-in-u-s/

http://thescienceexplorer.com/nature/55-million-people-die-prematurely-each-year-simply-breathing

From the latter, so we are clear that burning fossil fuels is the culprit:

Quote:
“Air pollution is the fourth highest risk factor for death globally and by far the leading environmental risk factor for disease,” said Michael Brauer, a professor at the University of British Columbia's School of Population and Public Health in Vancouver, Canada in a press release. “Reducing air pollution is an incredibly efficient way to improve the health of a population.”

Researchers from Canada, the US, China and India gathered estimates of air pollution levels in China and India to calculate the impact on health. Their data analysis showed that the two countries accounted for 55 percent of the deaths worldwide — 1.6 million people died from air pollution in China and 1.4 million people died in India in 2013.

Burning coal is the biggest contributor to poor air quality in China, and Qiao Ma, a PhD student at the School of Environment of Tsinghua University in Beijing, China, estimated that air pollution will cause between 990,000 and 1.3 million premature deaths in 2030 unless better emission targets are introduced.

You must be really sick to argue against health based regulations for air pollution sources--and then turn around and moan about lower risks in the mining industry. Not to mention dishonest.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

Like I said, he made it up. Using the methodology of the history major, auto exhaust fumes are "far more toxic" than VX gas, sarin gas, and ricin. After all, exhaust fumes kill more people than those lethal nerve agents don't they? Kindergarten analysis. Exhaust fumes are not more toxic than the dust and residue from many of the minerals essential to "clean" energy. Accept it and bear it in mind next time you are promoting "green" energy sources.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: