myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Father of dead Navy SEAL refused to meet Trump
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Father of dead Navy SEAL refused to meet Trump Reply with quote

AP

Father of dead Navy SEAL refused to meet Trump

Quote:
The president came to Dover Air Force Base when the casket arrived with the remains of the SEAL. William “Ryan” Owens died Jan. 27 during a counterterrorism raid in Yemen. “The government owes my son an investigation,” his father said.

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This entire operation was designed by the Obama administration. Trump just gave it the thumbs up.

Too bad the father is a Democrat and beside himself with grief.

Apparently the mission collected great Intel on ISIS for future success.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
This entire operation was designed by the Obama administration. Trump just gave it the thumbs up.

Too bad the father is a Democrat and beside himself with grief.

Apparently the mission collected great Intel on ISIS for future success.

there were many operations that Obama had told could not be run because the risk rewards were not good. This operation never got the go ahead from Obama. In fact it was not allowed by him. Which also means we need as the father requested find out what Trump knew more than Obama did who would not give it a go.

Can you show us the intel it actually got. Since you are making such claims. Or is this more right wing fake news/facts. Yes that was the goal of the operation, but was it actually met due to the death and casualties that were not anticipated.

And can you show us the fathers political affiliation and how this means he has no rights to bring justice to his hero son? Ya I know you right wingers hate gold star families like you just proved again.

isobars

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next you're going to tell us Trump mocked some disabled reporter. My GOD, man, VET some of your claims before spewing them. I don't mean "Find some fake claim". I mean "dig up the facts". Tip: the reporter mocking lie was disprove and retracted.

fugging idiot
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Next you're going to tell us Trump mocked some disabled reporter. My GOD, man, VET some of your claims before spewing them. I don't mean "Find some fake claim". I mean "dig up the facts". Tip: the reporter mocking lie was disprove and retracted.

fugging idiot

friggen idiot trump was on tape, mocking the reporter.. trump is a known cry baby liar hater. He calls females pigs, he says he is entitled to grab females in the pussy. there are his own words you moron.

He has about 30 females one that filed suit 10 years earlier and one girl who says she was raped by him when she was 13 with two sworn witnesses, with sworn affidavits on file. What more so you need other than his pussy behaviour to know how despicable he and you are.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not only are you morons insulting a gold star family the father is a vet himself.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article135064074.html

Slain SEAL’s dad wants answers: ‘Don’t hide behind my son’s death’
Quote:

Owens’ father, Bill, had learned only a short time before the ceremony that Trump was coming. Owens was sitting with his wife, Marie, and other family members in the solemn, living room-like space where the loved ones of the fallen assemble before they are taken to the flight line.

“I’m sorry, I don’t want to see him,’’ Owens recalled telling the chaplain who informed him that Trump was on his way from Washington. “I told them I don’t want to meet the President.”

It had been little more than 24 hours since six officers in dress uniform knocked on the door to Owens’ home in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. It was not yet daylight when he answered the door, already knowing in the pit of his stomach what they had come to tell him.

William Owens shows the medals his son earned, some of them posthumously.Emily MichotMiami Herald Staff
Now, Owens cringed at the thought of having to shake the hand of the president who approved the raid in Yemen that claimed his son’s life — an operation that he and others are now calling into question.

“I told them I didn’t want to make a scene about it, but my conscience wouldn’t let me talk to him,” Owens said Friday, speaking out for the first time in an interview with the Miami Herald.

Owens, also a military veteran, was troubled by Trump’s harsh treatment of a Gold Star family during his presidential campaign. Now Owens was a Gold Star parent, and he said he had deep reservations about the way the decision was made to launch what would be his son’s last mission.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

more points... as pointed out the raid was apparently blown, did not get the man they wanted, rumored costing us 100 million in military gear. so did they put in/leave behind counter intelligence to deceive the americans?

Quote:
Hmm... things are moving along finally​​​​:

Last month's deadly commando raid in Yemen, which cost the lives of a U.S. Navy SEAL and a number of children, has so far yielded no significant intelligence, U.S. officials told NBC News.

Although Pentagon officials have said the raid produced "actionable intelligence," senior officials who spoke to NBC News said they were unaware of any, even as the father of the dead SEAL questioned the premise of the raid in an interview with the Miami Herald published Sunday.
The issues here are very simple and the questions are easy to answer:

1. Who recommended the raid and when? Was there coordination between the outgoing and incoming administrations or was this 'on the shelf' somewhere when someone decided it would a sporting, fun thing to do?

2. Was Trump fully involved or not? Was the he in the full cycle from beginning to end in the decision making process?

3. Why did President Obama decline to order this raid? We've been told that moonless night was the reason but I'm suspicious. Numerous outlets have reported Obama Administration officials saying the main issue was hesitance to put boots on the ground in Yemen.

The Obama Administration has done drone attacks in Yemen for years for just this reason, to avoid these kinds of fiascos unless there was an extremely valuable target to capture, if possible. In fact, President Obama was instrumental in literally 'writing the book' for future presidents on how to make these decisions and formalizing the decision process. Was this followed and if not, why?

There's a dead sailor here. Wounded sailors. Not to mention a bunch of dead civilians, $100 million worth of government property, and the embarrassment of missing the target. On a mission where it was known from the beginning that cover was blown and the element of surprise lost.

The administration keeps telling us all this was a 'huge success.' They say we gathered valuable intelligence. Now NBC is telling us it wasn't of much value.

Now use your brain: If Al Qaeda discovered the raid from the outset, and was able to not only take up defensive positions but spirit away the intended target, do you really believe they just let the intelligence stuff sitting around too? Doesn't make sense.

jp5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dean, it's gonna be a long 8 years for you ol'buddy.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassman wrote:
Hey xxx, it's gonna be a long 8 years for you ol'buddy.

hey troll...
at best 4 but impeachment is right around the corner...

but we need a special prosecutor/independent council right away.

can you believe it Trump does not want to hire the guy the FBI wanted to.

FBI planned to hire British spy who compiled the Trump/Russia dossier to continue his research

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where is the media over this, he said McCain was not a hero because he got captured... Again that is how disingenuous this was..... again to this degenerate only a person who does not get caught or killed is a true hero to this pile of human excrement.

as I mentioned she was in my opinion being used and a split in the Gold Star Families agree. Considering how right wing the military is that is a amazing number...

Trump will do anything to keep his position including grab a gold star family female in the Pussy if it suits him. Warning to Gold Star families do not leave your 13 year old daughters alone with him..... He had a case filed on him for raping a 13 year old with three sworn affidavits from 3 witnesses that are scared for their lives.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/03/03/among-gold-star-families-strong-feelings-about-whether-trump-exploited-the-grief-of-a-navy-widow/?utm_term=.496c76d6879c&wpisrc=nl_evening&wpmm=1

Gold Star families split on whether Trump exploited a widow’s grief

Quote:
The president called attention Tuesday to Carryn Owens during his joint address to Congress. Some critics said he politicized the death of Owens’s Navy SEAL husband for his own gain.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: