myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
GoodEnough New battery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear! It seems that the support that you undoubtedly planned to give for that conclusion didn't transmit. Since we are all waiting anxiously for your pearls of wisdom, please re-post and point specifically to anything I said which is incorrect or closed minded. Thank you.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You deny global warming, you deny that man has anything to do with it, you consistently oppose and are critical of wind, solar and renewables, you promote only oil and burning of fossil fuels. You don't want a dime of government money spent to research and test these technologies. Ever heard of Lawrence Berkeley, Lawrence livermore, Brookhaven, Los Alamos, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Argonne, Department of Energy? Its called stuck in your ways, close minded and stubborn. Change does happen. Again, there is a difference between technology which always gets better and cheaper and resources which always become more expensive.

I remember an episode of Hannity years back when he was actually righteous and bullheaded of driving his Cadillac Escalade and mocking people who drive prius’s.

I get close to 60 mpg using hybrid. He would be burning about 10-12. Who's the asshole?
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac said:
Quote:
In California, where we have been at this for a while, the electricity portfolio has a pretty good percentage of non-carbon based fuels.

Just the facts - in 2015, of the energy generated within the state of California, 69.7% of the energy came from gas, coal and nuclear. They also imported 33% of their total energy of which at least 60% was generated by gas, coal and nuclear.

Good or bad?, you be the judge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_in_California
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluefish1 wrote:
You deny global warming, you deny that man has anything to do with it
Quote me ever saying that. You can't because I never have.

bluefish1 wrote:
You consistently oppose and are critical of wind, solar and renewables, you promote only oil and burning of fossil fuels.
I refer to the facts and those facts often upset the uneducated.

bluefish1 wrote:
You don't want a dime of government money spent to research and test these technologies.
Quote me ever saying that. You can't because I never have.

I know that there are several here like you, who can't tolerate facts and viewpoints that differs from their own poorly informed perceptions and opinions. Those are the ones with closed minds.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW Dory, I just checked.........Hannity drove an Escalade hybrid with twice the MPG you angrily quoted. An Escalade has far greater towing, passenger and cargo capacity than a Prius. Are you starting to get it? Uninformed anger is no substitute for the facts is it?
mac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unaware of the irony, the angry man from Virginia, who has hurled insults at everyone to the left of Attila the Hun, and never admitted a mistake, says:

Uninformed anger is no substitute for the facts is it?

Tell that to the Tweeter in chief and his crew of liars and enablers.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, so gybe admits more government money should be spent researching and that global warming is caused by man.
Something tells me he will spin that one. It's a shell game with gybe.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep inventing things if it makes you both happy. I doubt it does.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr G...I'm not going to scold you for your bias', I have my own....Have you seen the Tesla Kauai power plant? 55,000 solar panels, producing electricity and storing it in Tesla power packs...replacing diesel generators that power Kauai overnight.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had seen it. I have always said that wind and solar have a place where they are a viable alternative to fossil fuels. If you have the open space and the right conditions, go for it. I see little to suggest, however, that these applications will be anything other than relatively small. That's fine, every bit helps. My bias is toward the facts and reality that, for the foreseeable future, the much despised and slandered carbon sector will dominate in keeping this world running, and improving the lives of billions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: