myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Warming oceans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
bluefish1 wrote:
If you didn't hear NP, Trump is gutting EPA programs. The asshole is defunding The Great Lakes Restoration Initiative. Your beach (and mine) just got "great again". Who's the asshole?

Did you hear about the 21 TRILLION IN DEPT?. In the real non public sector world cutting cost is a necessity not an option to pass on to the next generation. Just take some trash with you like NP and you will survive.

Did you hear about Ryan's 1 trillion dollar tax cut, mostly for those making over a million a year? Did you hear about $54 million in new military spending, when the Pentagon can't pass an audit and we already have a military stronger than the next 7 countries combined? Did you hear about Trump's proposals to cut his own taxes massively?

Don't tell me about how the debt until you tell me how the politicians you support actually have coherent plans to do something about it--other than increase it.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
bluefish1 wrote:
If you didn't hear NP, Trump is gutting EPA programs. The asshole is defunding The Great Lakes Restoration Initiative. Your beach (and mine) just got "great again". Who's the asshole?

Did you hear about the 21 TRILLION IN DEPT?. In the real non public sector world cutting cost is a necessity not an option to pass on to the next generation. Just take some trash with you like NP and you will survive.

Did you hear about Ryan's 1 trillion dollar tax cut, mostly for those making over a million a year? Did you hear about $54 million in new military spending, when the Pentagon can't pass an audit and we already have a military stronger than the next 7 countries combined? Did you hear about Trump's proposals to cut his own taxes massively?

Don't tell me about how the debt until you tell me how the politicians you support actually have coherent plans to do something about it--other than increase it.

Cut the useless fat off. Rebuilding our military is not an option , needs to be done, not to mention it creates a lot of jobs. Funny you would mention tax cuts for the rich(aka job creators)when we learned this week what a pack of hypocritical DBs liberals are .
Jump shot and the Bernie both paid significantly less than Trump.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Utter nonsense from someone whose head is in the sand--and perhaps investments are in military companies. Investing in infrastructure--or education or research--creates wealth. Exactly the things that the foolish pussy grabber wants to cut. The military generates fewer jobs per million than almost anything. But don't confuse scummy with facts.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get back to water quality!! There are strict rules in cleaning up our beaches and waters, at all resorts. (E.U. Based) Councils must mechanically drag and comb and smooth up the beaches, and water companies have been forced to build new improved 'super' sewer discharge pipe lines. (Screened for solids, and dumping further out to sea.) Resorts are now blue flagged for meeting all the latest bathing safety laws. Unfortunately, 'It Aint Necessarily So'.

Our local super sewer now discharges three miles out to sea, yet, as any surfer knows, in onshore surf conditions, te whole scummy greasy stinking river of poo gets washed back in. To keep their blue flag status, pollution readings are NEVER taken at such times!

The irony is that these resort blue flag areas are usually in safe from currents protected BAYS, where the strong scouring tidal streams around our coasts do not operate, or are at their weakest. Once washed in, pollution can remain for quite some time. And I haven't even mentioned DOG fouling!!!

One up for longboard or kayak cruising along exposed and scoured open cliff lines, as against 'pratting about' in safe enclosed current free bays!
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
bluefish1 wrote:

Cut the useless fat off. Rebuilding our military is not an option , needs to be done, not to mention it creates a lot of jobs. Funny you would mention tax cuts for the rich(aka job creators)when we learned this week what a pack of hypocritical DBs liberals are .
Jump shot and the Bernie both paid significantly less than Trump.

what an idiot you are,,, neither Bernie or Obama are trust fund kids.....

and what that year oabama was in college. daaa

now release the rest of the years of his taxes, lets see how the Hollywood queen really did. again as noted if he would have jut invested his money in the market he would have much more. and would not have had to been involved in 3500 lawsuits for ripping people off. like small businessmen construction contractors... Or being taken to court by attorney generals for fake universities. He still could have been a sex criminal being a trust fund pervert...

Rebuilding nukes does not save us money it is a cost when e have to get rid of them again.

good thing you are cutting back on sesame street... yep children should see commercials.... yep we can all agree comercials are so needed for children,,, idiot... exactly how many shows on PBS are too political for you, the cooking ones? Nazi Mega weapons?

GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about disposal of sewage at sea, the only problem I think, is that it is not discharged far enough out into the tidal flow to prevent it from drifting back in in adverse conditions. It can then pollute beaches, and closed bays.

If dumped far enough out to sea, what is the problem? Sewage is a part of the natural recycling process, and nothing will ever alter that, so I can't really see it as damaging the oceans. It probably does far more good, in the natural cycle of nature. (It HAS been going on for millions of years.)

I often used to joke that I wouldn't want to be swimming behind a huge herd (or whatever the term is) of Sperm Wales, which can sometimes run into the hundreds. They all have rather large 'cake holes' and 'exhaust pipes', and you can bet they don't just bottle it up!

Anyway, some of us older surfers have long ago boosted our immune system from the days when we used to surf amid floating turds, from our old 'busted' Victorian sewer systems. Never did us any harm, as they say! (Those of us who survived, that is.)

It's our nearby Atom Box (nuclear power station) that I worry about. Doesn't put my mind to rest when I see steam blowing out of various vents, but I don't yet actually glow in the dark, and it's too late now to really worry anyway.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sewage isn't the issue. It's agricultural runoff. Non point source pollution from fertilizer and pesticides.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to be very unhappy Bluefish, with our modern way of life which you, along with the rest of us, are a willing partner in. (If not, you'd long ago have opted out, and lived a simple remote subsistence kind of life.)

We seem to have agreed on sewage (build and deposit further out to sea, and let nature do the rest) which you initially raised, but now say isn't a problem, and have now raised the issue of pesticides and fertiliser run off.

Well I agree with you, as do most concerned people, but what, in a world desperate for food production from the land (third world countries obvious problems) is the answer? The use of pesticides should (is) now rigidly controlled since they can become counter productive with over use, apart from the pollution problems, but fertilisation in general is now an essential part of our modern intensive farming yield methods. It gives us a non limited supply of good quality food. (And yes, I am aware of the claims of the organic only lobby, that such food is far superior, but recent analysis has thrown doubt on some of those claims. Debunked them, as some of the press put it.)
techno900

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurgletrousers said:
Quote:
(And yes, I am aware of the claims of the organic only lobby, that such food is far superior, but recent analysis has thrown doubt on some of those claims. Debunked them, as some of the press put it.)

I can't speak to the quality of "organic", but be sure that you wash your veggies thoroughly because they were fertilized with shit.

I once read that organics were a big cause of intestinal disorders with users.

Quote:
Organic fertilizer

Organic fertilizers are fertilizers derived from animal matter, human excreta or vegetable matter. (e.g. compost, manure). Naturally occurring organic fertilizers include animal wastes from meat processing, peat, manure, slurry, and guano. Wikipedia

Quote:
Animal Manures:
From cows, pigs, chickens, etc. This one shouldn’t shock anyone. I think we’ve all walked by a yard that had the tell- tale odor of “fresh manure-based fertilizer”. Did you know though that the manure you buy at your local gardening store may contain livestock-grade hormones and antibiotics that can be readily absorbed by the plants you are growing?

An in case you wondered, I don't buy organic.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
bluefish1 wrote:

Matty...if you do budgeting for dummies on the back of an envelope, the only way to dent the long term debt trajectory is by chopping into entitlements programs, primarily healthcare. So, Trump is window dressing with all sorts of small ideological cuts to satisfy the Budweiser drinkers, and to stick it to his political adversaries.

Why don't the Democrats in congress suggest that we cut Medicare?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: