myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
North Korea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 8650
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

once again Korea stepping up with an escalated development in every direction with tests to prove it. Thanks to the donald they are now on fast track... Words matter, especially when you can not do anything behind your words. The world plays chess and trump plays checkers.


reuters


Maritime menace


North Korea ratchets up tension again, this time with a test of what appear to be anti-ship missiles.

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nw30



Joined: 21 Dec 2008
Posts: 4993
Location: The eye of the universe, Cen. Cal. coast

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See what happens when you only read left wing media? You only get a tainted view from the left.

"Words matter, especially when you can not do anything behind your words. The world plays chess and trump plays checkers."
I guess you forgot about the THAAD system, hardly nothing behind his words.

Try this on. ~
South Korea just pulled a gutsy move on the US’s THAAD missile defense system
The new liberal president just halted the deployment of THAAD.
Jun 7, 2017, 1:40pm EDT

some snippets~
South Korea’s new president has just halted further deployment of the US’s controversial THAAD missile defense system, citing the need for a full environmental impact assessment to be carried out first. Such an assessment could take weeks, if not months, to conclude.
...........
With the blessing of the previous administration in South Korea, the Trump administration quickly stepped up the timeline for THAAD’s deployment, in large part because of the increased belligerence from the North. And as of May 2, the system is operational.
But another reason for the rapid deployment was to make it that much harder for the next administration in South Korea to reverse the decision.
So far, it doesn’t look like Moon’s administration is actually trying to reverse the decision to allow THAAD to be deployed, but it is trying to slow it down dramatically. "We are not saying the two launchers and other equipment that have already been deployed should be withdrawn. But those that have yet to be deployed will have to wait," the senior official said.

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/6/7/15755278/south-korea-president-thaad-missile-system

The new president of S.K. reminds me of the new mayor of London, as well as our former president.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 8650
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
See what happens when you only read left wing media? You only get a tainted view from the left.

"Words matter, especially when you can not do anything behind your words. The world plays chess and trump plays checkers."
I guess you forgot about the THAAD system, hardly nothing behind his words.

Try this on. ~
South Korea just pulled a gutsy move on the US’s THAAD missile defense system
The new liberal president just halted the deployment of THAAD.
Jun 7, 2017, 1:40pm EDT

some snippets~
South Korea’s new president has just halted further deployment of the US’s controversial THAAD missile defense system, citing the need for a full environmental impact assessment to be carried out first. Such an assessment could take weeks, if not months, to conclude.
...........
With the blessing of the previous administration in South Korea, the Trump administration quickly stepped up the timeline for THAAD’s deployment, in large part because of the increased belligerence from the North. And as of May 2, the system is operational.
But another reason for the rapid deployment was to make it that much harder for the next administration in South Korea to reverse the decision.
So far, it doesn’t look like Moon’s administration is actually trying to reverse the decision to allow THAAD to be deployed, but it is trying to slow it down dramatically. "We are not saying the two launchers and other equipment that have already been deployed should be withdrawn. But those that have yet to be deployed will have to wait," the senior official said.

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/6/7/15755278/south-korea-president-thaad-missile-system

The new president of S.K. reminds me of the new mayor of London, as well as our former president.


Seems the right wing propeganda suckered you righty in.... learn to think before you puke your propaganda.

the THAAD system is worthless in the context of having thousands of weapons aimed at you ready to be fired in a minute notice. It is worthless for this short range and this is ultra short range.

for instance, a missile speed is about 2000 mph to 7000 mph. Soul is 56klms from the border. basically 40 miles. can you do the math... that is about 20-30 seconds before Soul is blown up. I will bet the response time to the THAAD system is at least double that before it is even launched. THAAD is worthless in the present application for defense of a country when not making the first strike with short range, and this is ultra short range.


http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/the-hard-truth-about-thaad-south-korea-china-15295

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/1999/SeanManning.shtml

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nw30



Joined: 21 Dec 2008
Posts: 4993
Location: The eye of the universe, Cen. Cal. coast

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

real-nuts: "Words matter, especially when you can not do anything behind your words. The world plays chess and trump plays checkers."

So you think the THAAD system has nothing to offer, in relation to your BS statement above, being the military expert that you think you are.

So I suppose you also think that the intercontinental missile interception system is worthless also.
Maybe you should just cut to the chase, "we've already lost, N.K. owns us". It sounds like you're on the Pillsbury dough boy's team. Please do America a favor, stay in Mexico or move to North Korea, I hear Venezuela is nice this time of year also.

Missile Shootdown Test Was Most Realistic, U.S. Evaluator Says
by Anthony Capaccio
‎June‎ ‎8‎, ‎2017‎ ‎9‎:‎00‎ ‎PM‎ ‎PDT

The Pentagon’s successful interception last week of a mock North Korean intercontinental ballistic missile was the most realistic test to date, according to the military’s test office.

The $244 million test of the rocket by Orbital ATK Inc. and the Raytheon Corp.“hit-to-kill” warhead it released “mimicked that of an actual operational scenario,” Army Lieutenant Colonel Roger Cabiness, a spokesman for the Defense Department testing office, said in a statement.

The testing office’s assessment bolstered statements from the U.S. Missile Defense Agency that the $36 billion system of radar, command links and ground-based interceptors can defeat any long-range threat that North Korea or Iran can develop through 2020. The interceptor, launched from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, crashed into the mock ICBM fired from Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands.

For the rest, if you can stand it.
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-09/missile-shootdown-test-was-most-realistic-u-s-evaluator-says
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 8650
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
real-nuts: "Words matter, especially when you can not do anything behind your words. The world plays chess and trump plays checkers."

So you think the THAAD system has nothing to offer, in relation to your BS statement above, being the military expert that you think you are.

So I suppose you also think that the intercontinental missile interception system is worthless also.
Maybe you should just cut to the chase, "we've already lost, N.K. owns us". It sounds like you're on the Pillsbury dough boy's team. Please do America a favor, stay in Mexico or move to North Korea, I hear Venezuela is nice this time of year also.

Missile Shootdown Test Was Most Realistic, U.S. Evaluator Says
by Anthony Capaccio
‎June‎ ‎8‎, ‎2017‎ ‎9‎:‎00‎ ‎PM‎ ‎PDT

The Pentagon’s successful interception last week of a mock North Korean intercontinental ballistic missile was the most realistic test to date, according to the military’s test office.

The $244 million test of the rocket by Orbital ATK Inc. and the Raytheon Corp.“hit-to-kill” warhead it released “mimicked that of an actual operational scenario,” Army Lieutenant Colonel Roger Cabiness, a spokesman for the Defense Department testing office, said in a statement.

The testing office’s assessment bolstered statements from the U.S. Missile Defense Agency that the $36 billion system of radar, command links and ground-based interceptors can defeat any long-range threat that North Korea or Iran can develop through 2020. The interceptor, launched from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, crashed into the mock ICBM fired from Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands.

For the rest, if you can stand it.
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-09/missile-shootdown-test-was-most-realistic-u-s-evaluator-says



Again how many failures have there been in this system in the last 10 years on simple trajectory missiles? Let's get more data, again and this was with them knowing exactly when it was being fired. Notice how they say from iran and N korea who do not have advanced guidance avoidance systems till projected 2020. But as I said still playing checkers I see.... This is not applicable to destruction in South Korea, just USA defense.

What this also means is the THAAD system as they note does not work for any advanced missle out there. Thaad is only good for very primitive missles. That both NK and Iran will have in less than 3 years by their own admission.

Now the important stuff for you checker players.

It has nothing important to offer South Korea.... again they can not shoot down anything that is fired from ultra short range for Seoul defense. Millions dead and as there is no defence to the death and distruction of Seoul .

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nw30



Joined: 21 Dec 2008
Posts: 4993
Location: The eye of the universe, Cen. Cal. coast

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you must be happy.
Yep, you need to move into your winner's circle, North Korea, take little Kim a taco, or better yet, a donkey show.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 8650
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Then you must be happy.
Yep, you need to move into your winner's circle, North Korea, take little Kim a taco, or better yet, a donkey show.


Happy in your mind about it is not reality, but as I said chess vs checkers players.... Again the hundreds of billions that were spent on a defense system that any good chess player could have told you would be worthless is nothing to be happy about. That was probably a few years of health insurance for all americans. or retirement by americans 2 years younger.

My father was an officer in the military as a chess player vs the checker players there and tried to get the moron admirals to understand building more than say 300, 600 nukes (guessing as it is classified) was a waste of money because say the number X all launched at the same time and the opposing side presumably doing the same destroys the United states except to the few thousand/millions of people who will wish they were not alive.. So far in todays dollars by not listening, checker players have killed thousands of people mining and processing the material needlessly to have some 30,000 warheads, and then we had to take 80% apart as it was recognized we do not need that many, costing again more than it cost to build them.

So in today's dollars we probably have several if not tens of trillions wasted on these non-chess players.

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 8650
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

North Korea again spits in Trumps face . He has made them race to make the weapons ever faster because of trump.

Trump is laughed at in the world, as noted he has only two countries in the world that his image has improved and is over 50% in the world. That being Russia and Isreal.

Being July 4th, The trust fund boy is why the united states declared its independence and our founding. Authoritarian trust fund kids are the most dangerous in the would. Again Trump and North Koreas idiot are both entitled trust fund mentally ill idiots.

Quote:
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea on Tuesday claimed it successfully test-launched its first intercontinental ballistic missile, a potential game-changing development in what may be the world's most dangerous nuclear standoff and, if true, a direct rebuke to U.S. President Donald Trump's earlier declaration that such a test "won't happen!"

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
techno900



Joined: 28 Mar 2001
Posts: 3117

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baja said:
Quote:
North Korea again spits in Trumps face . He has made them race to make the weapons ever faster because of trump.


So, you believe that if Hillary was President, N. Korea's progress in developing an ICBM with a nuke war head would be progressing much slower?

I would speculate (what you are doing), that N. Korea's progress would be faster with Hillary at the helm. There would have been no one to object to their goal of bombing us into oblivion. Maybe Bill could have sweet talked Kim Jong-Il.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nw30



Joined: 21 Dec 2008
Posts: 4993
Location: The eye of the universe, Cen. Cal. coast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can thank Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton for North Korea’s nukes
By Post Editorial Board

January 6, 2016

North Korea’s boast that it just detonated its first hydrogen bomb met instant doubts from the White House and arms experts. If they’re right, Pyongyang “only” has plain-old atomic bombs. What a . . . relief?
But, as one Chinese expert told The Wall Street Journal, the H-bomb claim still shows that tyrant Kim Jong-un is “marching in that direction.”
For all this, thank Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton. North Korea couldn’t have done it without their gullibility.
Back in 1994, President Clinton prepared to confront North Korea over CIA reports it had built nuclear warheads and its subsequent threats to engulf Japan and South Korea in “a sea of fire.”
Enter self-appointed peacemaker Carter: The ex-prez scurried off to Pyongyang and negotiated a sellout deal that gave North Korea two new reactors and $5 billion in aid in return for a promise to quit seeking nukes.
Clinton embraced this appeasement as achieving “an end to the threat of nuclear proliferation on the Korean Peninsula” — with compliance verified by international inspectors. Carter wound up winning the Nobel Peace Prize for his dubious efforts.
But in 2002, the North Koreans ’fessed up: They’d begun violating the accord on Day One. Four years later, Pyongyang detonated its first nuke.
Now, the Obama administration (long content to kick the North Korea can down the road) says it will never “accept” a nuclear North Korea. Funny: The president said the same thing about Iran, then cut a deal that guarantees the ayatollahs go atomic.
Yet North Korea is more of a wild card, a concentration camp of a nation run by a tiny, ruthless elite. If it ever lives up to its boasts and unleashes that “sea of fire,” will Carter, Clinton and Obama shed public tears for Pyongyang’s victims?

http://nypost.com/2016/01/06/you-can-thank-jimmy-carter-and-bill-clinton-for-north-koreas-nukes/

Bill Clinton is also responsible for giving China a missile guidance system developed by Loral, in the guise of needing it for a communication satellite, ha, when we all know that a missile guidance system can be used for any kind of missile carrying anything. And surely since 1999 when this deal was struck, China wasn't doing any business with the 'Norks',,,,,,,,,, hardly.

So keep beating that GOP is evil drum Dean and your buddies, it's making you guys go deaf.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 3 of 24

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group