myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I quit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/republicans-suffer-rash-of-retirements-from-congress-64856133648?cid=eml_mra_20190730

Republicans suffer rash of retirements from Congress
SHARE THIS —
COPIED!
Quote:
Joy Reid reports on a collection of new retirement announcements from House Republicans, including Rep. Martha Roby, which will reduce the already sparing number of Republican women in Congress.

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://news.yahoo.com/former-republican-congressman-just-apologized-173426663.html?.tsrc=jtc_news_index

A former Republican congressman just apologized for helping put 'an unfit con man in the White House'
Business Insider Business Insider•August 15, 2019305 Comments

Quote:
Former Tea Party Congressman Joe Walsh wrote an op-ed for The New York Times on Wednesday, apologizing for his role in helping President Donald Trump reach the White House and calling for a primary challenger to take him on in 2020.

In a Thursday interview on CNN's "New Day," Walsh said that he wrote the op-ed "to apologize for the role that I played in putting an unfit con man in the White House."

He also apologized for divisive comments he previously made against former President Barack Obama, writing that "at times, I expressed hate for my political opponents. We now see where this can lead. There's no place in our politics for personal attacks like that, and I regret making them."

Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

In a blistering rebuke of President Donald Trump, former Tea Party Congressman Joe Walsh apologized for his role in helping Trump reach the White House and called for a primary challenger to take him on in 2020.

"In Mr. Trump, I see the worst and ugliest iteration of views I expressed for the better part of a decade," Walsh wrote in an op-ed for The New York Times, adding that the president is a "racial arsonist who encourages bigotry and xenophobia to rouse his base and advance his electoral prospects."

In a Thursday interview on CNN's "New Day," Walsh said he wrote the op-ed to "wake up Republicans."

"If Republicans don't stand up right now and challenge this guy right now, he's bad for the party, he's bad for the country, we're going to get wiped out in 2020," Walsh said. "That piece I wrote in The New York Times yesterday, most Republicans agree with me. Most of my former colleagues up on Capitol Hill agree with every single word I said. They're scared to death to say that publicly."

Walsh, who voted for Trump in 2016, said that his turning point came last year, during the president's press conference with Russian president Vladimir Putin in Helsinki, in which he sided with Putin over US intelligence agencies.

trump putin helsinki
trump putin helsinki
REUTERS/Leonhard Foeger

"In front of the world, he sides with Vladimir Putin over our own intelligence community. That's dangerous. He encouraged Russian interference in the 2016 election, and he refuses to take foreign threats seriously as we enter the 2020 election. That's reckless. For three years, he has been at war with our federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies, as he embraces tyrants abroad and embarrasses our allies. That's un-American," he wrote.

real-human

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the local voters have quit... too funny

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/8/18/1879786/-Iowa-Congressman-Steve-King-held-the-saddest-town-hall-of-all-time?utm_campaign=trending

Iowa Congressman Steve King held the saddest town hall of all-time

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from another thread whee I think it belongs hre.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible that Trump got one right:

Quote:
By
John Wagner and
John Hudson
September 18, 2019 at 8:12 a.m. PDT
President Trump named Robert C. O’Brien, who has served as the U.S. hostage negotiator, as his new national security adviser Wednesday, replacing the ousted John Bolton.

“I am pleased to announce that I will name Robert C. O’Brien, currently serving as the very successful Special Presidential Envoy for Hostage Affairs at the State Department, as our new National Security Advisor,” Trump said in a tweet. “I have worked long & hard with Robert. He will do a great job!”

O’Brien, who becomes Trump’s fourth national security adviser, was boosted by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, with whom he had worked on a number of hostage cases, including the release of Pastor Andrew Brunson in Turkey and several other detained Americans in Afghanistan, Yemen and Libya.

Inside the Trump administration, O’Brien was viewed as the “safest option” at a time when the national security team wanted as little “drama” as possible going into the 2020 elections, said a senior U.S. official, who requested anonymity to speak more candidly.

“He gets along with everybody,” the official said. “He’s the nicest guy on the planet.”

John Bolton’s turbulent tenure comes to a Trumpian end

His friendly demeanor contrasts with that of his predecessor Bolton, who rankled officials at the Pentagon and the State Department with his sharp-elbowed management style and revamp of the policy process that involved fewer meetings for senior officials to air their views.

Officials said a policy process that doesn’t create new competing factions would be welcome, particularly by acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does this mean he quits?

https://news.yahoo.com/kinzinger-beyond-repugnant-trump-civil-war-tweet-135719975.html

Trump's 'Civil War' threat is 'beyond repugnant,' says GOP Rep. Kinzinger
Dylan StablefordSenior Editor,Yahoo News•September 30, 201919,138 Comments
Quote:

President Trump sent out a barrage of tweets over the weekend defending his “perfect” phone call with the president of Ukraine and trying to shut down the House impeachment inquiry before it gets underway — including passing along a warning that removing him from office would lead to “a Civil War like fracture,” a threat that a Republican congressman called “beyond repugnant.”

“If the Democrats are successful in removing the President from office (which they will never be), it will cause a Civil War like fracture in this Nation from which our Country will never heal,” Trump tweeted, adding his own parenthetical to a quote from Robert Jeffress, an evangelical pastor and ardent Trump supporter who appeared on “Fox & Friends Weekend.”

The invocation of a civil war was met with outrage from Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., an Air Force veteran who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.

“I have visited nations ravaged by civil war,” Kinzinger tweeted, tagging Trump’s Twitter handle. “I have never imagined such a quote to be repeated by a President. This is beyond repugnant.”

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think he is saying he is quiting the right wing lemming club..

https://news.yahoo.com/mcraven-trump-ukraine-call-axlerod-160823959.html

Trump fails the nation on 'moral, legal and ethical' grounds, retired Special Ops chief says
Quote:
William McRaven, a retired four-star Navy admiral who led U.S. Special Operations Command under Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama, believes President Trump has failed the nation on “moral, legal and ethical” standards, and that aides should have stopped him from asking the Ukrainian president to investigate his political rival, former Vice President Joe Biden.

“I do think he should be in trouble,” McRaven told former Obama adviser David Axelrod on a recent episode of his “Axe Files” podcast.

Retired Adm. William McRaven and President Trump (Photos: Mike Segar/Reuters, Saul Loeb/AFP/Getty Images)
Retired Adm. William McRaven and President Trump (Photos: Mike Segar/Reuters, Saul Loeb/AFP/Getty Images)
“When we think of dignity — the dignity of the office — it is about doing things that are moral, legal and ethical,” McRaven said. “Ethical, follow the rules. Legal, follow the law. Moral, follow what you know to be right. And my concern with President Trump is that I don’t see him following any of those on a lot of his major decisions.”

McRaven said that the Bush and Obama White Houses had a “rigorous” process to handle calls with foreign leaders. Had Trump followed this precedent, he said, “it would not have gotten the president in this awkward position of, ‘Let me ask for reciprocation for something on Joe Biden.’ That wouldn’t have happened.”

mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more. This one is swampier than most. Inside trading saved his son more than $800,000.

Quote:
Republican Representative Chris Collins is resigning ahead of his expected guilty plea to corruption charges, CBS News has confirmed.

Collins submitted his resignation letter Monday to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office. The resignation will become official on Tuesday, according to a senior aide familiar with the congressman's decision.

Collins, the first member of the House to back Donald Trump for president, is expected to plead guilty to insider trading charges in New York on Tuesday. Collins' abrupt departure will spur a special election in New York's 27th district. Collins has been in Congress since 2013.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/9/30/1889192/-How-a-Trump-supporter-changed-his-mind?utm_campaign=trending

How a Trump supporter changed his mind

Quote:
I still supported Trump because of who I thought he was — but then the Helsinki meeting with Putin came. I saw how he, the President of the United States, made himself vulnerable to Putin and Russia, agreeing to closed-door meetings and being recorded by our adversaries. What kind of president would do such a thing? When I saw someone tweeted a clip of the debate between Hillary Clinton and Trump where she called Trump a puppet of Putin, I was stunned. I now believe she was right. This is not the guy who I voted for, and yet it is.

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CIA general counsel is no "angry Democrat"

Quote:
With the news that CIA general counsel Courtney Simmons Elwood was so alarmed by the whistleblower report that she made a criminal referral to the Justice Department, it’s almost inevitable that you’re going to hear wailings of “swamp creature” and “angry Democrat” from the deplorables.

But a quick dive into Elwood’s background should put that to rest, and quickly. According to her CIA biography, Elwood clerked for Chief Justice William Rehnquist, and later clerked for J. Michael Luttig, a Bush 41 appointee to the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. During the Bush 43 administration, Elwood served as an associate counsel to Bush, deputy counsel to Cheney and deputy chief of staff to the Attorney General.

In other words, this woman is Republican through and through. And she was able to take off her partisan label long enough to see that the behavior in that whistleblower report was criminal. Simply put, Courtney Simmons Elwood is a patriot. And she is proof that it is still possible to put your oath of office above your party label—and any supposed loyalty to the president who appointed you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 17 of 28

Jump to: