myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I quit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vientomas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Matty, lets be reasonable and take our partisan hats off, shall we? We had a few thousand troops in Syria to organize and assist our allies... We don't want Syria, like Iraq to fall into 100% Mullah/Russian control. So, the good General , like the one before him threw in the towel. My sense is that Trump wanted desperately to claim victory after a terrible year.... But the cost could be high, and if Obama retreated hastily, there would have been hell to pay....

Boggs, there has been an anti war drumbeat from the left since Vietnam. It has always taken courage to fight the deep state and end endless wars. I'm sure you wouldn't want your son drafted into a war in Afghanistan, Iraq or Syria when he's 18.

If Trump can't get his wall, he'll end the wars and stop the refugee flow, once and for all.

The hypocrisy of the left is stunning.

Stunning lack of knowledge on your part...

An American-led intervention in Iraq started on 15 June 2014, when President Barack Obama ordered United States forces to be dispatched to the region, in response to offensives in Iraq conducted by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL). At the invitation of the Iraqi government, American troops went to assess Iraqi forces and the threat posed by ISIL.[104][third-party source needed]

In early August 2014, ISIL attacked Kurdish-held territory in northern Iraq, and captured three towns in northern Iraq, close to the autonomous region of Iraqi Kurdistan.[105] In response, on 5 August, the United States started supplying the Iraqi Kurdish peshmerga forces with weapons. On 7 August, the United States also started humanitarian aid air droppings of food, water, and medicine for civilians fleeing ISIL in the Sinjar Mountains.[106] On the next day, 8 August, the United States began airstrikes against ISIL positions in Iraq. Since then, in coalition with the United States, nine countries have also executed airstrikes on ISIL in Iraq. These airstrikes have been operating more or less in concert with ground warfare by Kurdish and Iraqi government forces against ISIL. There have also been sporadic clashes between ISIL fighters, and US and Canadian troops, several thousand of whom are acting in advisory and combat roles alongside Kurdish and Iraqi forces.[107][108] By April 2015, ISIL had lost significant amounts of territory to Iraqi and American-led Coalition forces. Compared to their peak in December 2014, ISIL had lost 25–30% of their territory, leaving them in possession of around 15,000 square miles of Iraq.[109] By December 2017, ISIL had no remaining territory in Iraq, following the 2017 Western Iraq campaign.[21]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American-led_intervention_in_Iraq_(2014%E2%80%93present)
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Matty, lets be reasonable and take our partisan hats off, shall we? We had a few thousand troops in Syria to organize and assist our allies... We don't want Syria, like Iraq to fall into 100% Mullah/Russian control. So, the good General , like the one before him threw in the towel. My sense is that Trump wanted desperately to claim victory after a terrible year.... But the cost could be high, and if Obama retreated hastily, there would have been hell to pay....

Boggs, there has been an anti war drumbeat from the left since Vietnam. It has always taken courage to fight the deep state and end endless wars. I'm sure you wouldn't want your son drafted into a war in Afghanistan, Iraq or Syria when he's 18.

If Trump can't get his wall, he'll end the wars and stop the refugee flow, once and for all.

I disagree with your assessment. My political views are pragmatic, for all issues. I agree that stupid expensive wars are not in our interests, and Iraq is the mack daddy of those. But a small stabilizing force in a dangerous region is something people of all political persuasions support. Everything for Trump and his dwindling support is a zero sum game. Case in point was removing Janet Yellen from the Fed for no apparent reason other than wanting his own guy at the Fed....
Sorry Steve, I'll support the viewpoint of Mad Dog Mattis over a SoCal windsurfer this time....
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malibu Barfie.... your post on the Maz Boot flip flop.

wiki,

Max A. Boot[1] (Russian: Макс Бут) is an American author, consultant, editorialist, lecturer, and military historian.[2] He worked as a writer and editor for Christian Science Monitor and then for The Wall Street Journal in the 1990s. He is now Jeane J. Kirkpatrick Senior Fellow in National Security Studies at the Council on Foreign Relations. He has written for numerous publications such as The Weekly Standard, The Los Angeles Times, and The New York Times, and he has also authored books of military history.[3] In 2018, Boot published The Road Not Taken, a biography of Edward Lansdale, and The Corrosion of Conservatism: Why I Left the Right, which details Boot's ideological journey from "movement" conservative to self-professed "man without a party"[4] in the aftermath of the 2016 presidential election.

Personal life
Boot was born in Moscow.[5] His parents, both Russian Jews, emigrated from the Soviet Union in 1976 and moved to Los Angeles, where he was raised.[5][6] Boot was educated at the University of California, Berkeley (BA, History, 1991) and Yale University (MA, Diplomatic History, 1992).[2] He started his journalistic career writing columns for the Berkeley student newspaper The Daily Californian.[7] He later stated that he believes he is the only conservative writer in that paper's history.[7] Boot and his family currently live in the New York area.[2]

mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Hilarious!!!! snowflakes want war, war is good... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:

If Trump had not said MANY times he wanted to end our involvement over there I would agree. But the FACT is he has been saying this for years.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Hilarious!!!! snowflakes want war, war is good... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

It is crazy when a lefty like me hates tariffs, and is hawkish, while Rethugs are protectionists, and doves.... Times are changing.....
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

If Trump had not said MANY times he wanted to end our involvement over there I would agree. But the FACT is he has been saying this for years.

I know, but when you're enemies applaud a military move, and a 4 star General nick named Mad Dog quits on the spot....you probably f'd up....
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

I know, but when you're enemies applaud a military move, and a 4 star General nick named Mad Dog quits on the spot....you probably f'd up....

Actually he's staying till February. And just for the record I believe obama had 4 SODs.....

There is no solution to the mid-east, it's a mess and most likely always will be.. Bring the troops home and protect America...works for me
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Actually he's staying till February. And just for the record I believe obama had 4 SODs.....

There is no solution to the mid-east, it's a mess and most likely always will be.. Bring the troops home and protect America...works for me

Looks like there's no solution to the market or economy either.....
mac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:

What a load of non-sense from Mac the moron...climate change , Putin, Trump business ties...….you are a world class retard Mac.

What a joke listening to the left talk about staying in Syria and Afghanistan. Find me one liberal saying that a week ago... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Staying true to Trump no matter what the facts may be. A climate change denier, no matter the facts.

A few facts and trends:

http://siteresources.worldbank.org/EXTSOCIALDEVELOPMENT/Resources/SDCCWorkingPaper_MigrationandConflict.pdf

From Newsweek:

Quote:
The number of Africans leaving their home country to move to other parts of the globe is expected to more than double in upcoming years, with climate change acting as a main accelerator of this expected migration. Although an imminent mass exodus is not expected, new findings do show the real-life effects of changing weather patterns.

A European Commission report aimed to identify past and present migration patterns in Africa and use these models to predict how future migration may look. Results revealed that although the number of Africans leaving their country of birth for long periods of time or for good is currently about 1.4 million a year, by 2050 this number is expected to reach between 2.8 million to 3.5 million a year.

More than half of these future African migrants are expected to remain on the African continent, simply moving to African nations different than that of their birth. North African migrants are more likely than other Africans to leave the continent and head overseas. The remaining 40 percent of migrants will most likely move to Europe, but also North America and Western Asia. However, the report emphasized that the U.S. and Canada are not a main target destination for most African immigrants.

According to the report, climate change is expected to accelerate this future migration. Climate change has long been recognized as a contributor to global migration. For example, climate change-driven droughts in Syria helped to push the social unrest that led to conflict in 2011, and continues to drive Syrian refugees to the U.S. and beyond, the US Climate and Health Alliance reported.

Then there is the Pentagon's view:

Quote:
Climate change poses “immediate risks” to national security and will have broad and costly impacts on the way the US military carries out its missions, the Pentagon said in a new report on the impact of climate change released on 13 October.

The Defense Department said in the report, described as a “Climate Change Adaptation Roadmap," that it has begun to boost its "resilience" and ensure mission readiness is not compromised in the face of rising sea levels, increasing regularity of natural disasters, and food and water shortages in the developing world.

In a statement, US Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel called global warming a “threat multiplier,” saying rising seas and increasing numbers of severe weather events could exacerbate the dangers posed by threats ranging from infectious disease to terrorism:

Drought in Africa and Somalia violence,. The list goes on, Matty's head remains deeply in the sand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 13 of 28

Jump to: