myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I quit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so many I quits and no one wants to work for the disaster in making well... remember he said he knows the most qualified... what a serial compulsive liar, and you right wings love it.. you eat the lies up like their can not be enough of them.

get this they have to have an apprentice interview because they do not know any qualified people who will work for the filth.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/short-staff-trump-administration-turns-jobs-fair-222112827.html

Short on staff, the Trump administration turns to a job fair

Quote:

WASHINGTON — President Trump once promised to hire “the best people,” even as he also promised to drastically reduce the size of the federal government, perhaps by eliminating some agencies altogether. But more than a year into his first foray into the astonishingly complex realm of public service (who could have known?), Trump is discovering that even limited government needs plenty of workers to carry out its functions. And so, with many federal agencies severely understaffed, the White House turned to a job fair.

The announcement of the fair, which was hosted on Friday by the Conservative Partnership Institute, was met with amusement by the press when it was reported earlier in the week. “The White House is two staff defections away from advertising jobs on Craigslist,” said a Vanity Fair headline. This may have been a haughty response, but there was substance to the criticism. A functional White House shouldn’t need a job fair, especially not this late into a presidential term. For critics of the administration, this was further proof that Trump was nothing like the capable chief executive portrayed on “The Apprentice.”

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure Putin will help him pick the ambassadors and which nations we can assist.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/6/30/1776968/-U-S-Ambassador-to-Estonia-Resigns-Can-t-Serve-Under-Trump

U.S. Ambassador to Estonia Resigns, Can't Serve Under Trump.

Quote:
U.S. Ambassador to Estonia James D. Melville Jr., a member of our Diplomatic Corps since joining the U.S. Delegation to the old German Democratic Republic under H.W. Bush in 1988, abruptly resigned his post in Tallinn, Estonia yesterday, disturbed and disheartened by drumpf’s lies about, and attacks upon our NATO Allies.

Mr. Melville’s resignation letter spells out his regret and disgust.

Washington Post

“I suppose this is as good a time as any to tell my friends that I'm leaving Estonia one month from today, on July 29, to retire from the Foreign Service and begin life as a private citizen after 33 years of public service.

I've always admired the professionalism of my colleagues in supporting U.S. Government policy as articulated and directed by our elected leaders and their administrations, without regard to partisan politics. A Foreign Service Officer's DNA is programmed to support policy and we're schooled right from the start, that if there ever comes a point where one can no longer do so, particularly if one is in a position of leadership, the honorable course is to resign.

Having served under six presidents and 11 secretaries of state, I never really thought it would reach that point for me.

I truly believe and have said many times, national interests don't change from one administration to the next. Senator Vandenberg made a great point 70 years ago when he said “politics stop at the water's edge.” I've spent the vast majority of my career on US-European relations and issues, and I've always been very proud of the U.S. role in the aftermath of World War II, of rebuilding a Europe that ideally would be “whole, free and at peace.” From the Marshall Plan, through the Cold War and until very recently, supporting Europe's integration was a fundamental element of U.S. foreign policy which directly undergirds democracy, peace and prosperity.

The E.U. and NATO are the gorgeous and vital fruits of that policy and the world is a much, much better place for their existence. I believe that to my marrow.

For the President to say the E.U. was “set up to take advantage of the United States, to attack our piggy bank,” or that “NATO is as bad as NAFTA” is not only factually wrong, but proves to me that it's time to go.

It takes no courage on my part to do so and I can't hold a candle to my friends who have honorably resigned without the benefit of the full pension I have waiting for me. The truth is I've had a full tour in Tallinn and intended to retire upon the confirmation of a successor. Since there's no longer anyone in sight for that role, I suppose I could have stayed on for many more months.

I do love Estonia, its wonderful people and beautiful landscape. Tallinn is one of the nicest cities on earth and I've got the best public housing I've ever had. But on balance, I'm glad not to be staying, for all the reasons I've just explained.

So I leave willingly and with deep gratitude for being able to serve my nation with integrity for many years, and with great confidence that America, which is and has always been, great, will someday return to being right.

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'worst-run White House of modern times' loses another prominent official

Quote:
Marc Short, Donald Trump's legislative affairs director, has joined the exodus away from the Republican White House.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few more and looks like people putting pressure on huntsman.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-apos-russia-ambassador-having-012206391.html

Trump's Russia Ambassador Is Having A Very Bad Week

Quote:
Jon Huntsman, the U.S. ambassador to Russia, is in a terrible, but entirely predictable, situation: Days after Huntsman spoke about the need to hold Russian government officials accountable for interfering in the 2016 election, his boss, President Donald Trump, stood alongside Vladimir Putin on Monday and told the world he believed the Russian president’s denial of any wrongdoing.

Trump made a muddled attempt to walk back those comments on Tuesday, but the damage had been done. Huntsman’s former colleagues and even family members suggested the ambassador was wasting his time trying to represent U.S. interests in Russia under Trump.

“Resign, if you have any honor,” John Weaver, a political consultant who worked on Huntsman’s 2012 Republican presidential campaign, tweeted.

“You work for a pawn, not a president. It’s time to come home,” wrote a columnist at the Salt Lake Tribune — a paper owned and published by Huntsman’s brother Paul.

Even Huntsman’s own daughter weighed in. “No negotiation is worth throwing your own people and country under the bus,” Abby Huntsman, who is also a Fox News anchor, tweeted in response to Trump’s comments.

Huntsman was always a surprising pick for the ambassadorship under Trump. The former Utah governor has spent decades cultivating a reputation as a reasonable Republican — a pragmatist who believes in climate change and who could serve effectively under a Democratic president. When Trump’s “grab ’em by the pussy” tape became public weeks before the election, Huntsman called on him to drop out of the race.

Trump tapped Huntsman for the high-profile post last summer as the president was coming under increasing scrutiny for his stance toward Russia. The Justice Department had appointed special counsel Robert Mueller two months earlier to investigate whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to sway the election. Huntsman was a safe choice who wouldn’t open Trump up to more criticism that he was soft on Putin.

During his confirmation hearing, Huntsman broke with Trump and stated unequivocally that the Russian government interfered in the 2016 election. He was easily confirmed, and a bipartisan crowd of foreign policy wonks cautiously hoped he would find a way to counter Russian influence in Ukraine and Syria while building cooperation in areas where the two countries’ interests align.

But nine months into his tenure, there’s not much evidence Huntsman has had any ability to shape the president’s view of Putin’s government. Trump is notoriously averse to dissenting opinions — and even if he doesn’t have the political capital to fire Huntsman, there’s nothing stopping him from sidelining the ambassador on key policy decisions. That has even some of Huntsman’s longtime defenders urging him to quit before his own reputation becomes enmeshed with the president’s.

If you don’t do the right thing and speak out against this man, then you’re complicit and you will have that stain for the rest of your life.
John Weaver, former Huntsman campaign aide

Some career officials, facing similar predicaments, have already opted to quit their jobs rather than watch helplessly from inside the administration. Former U.S. Ambassador to Qatar Dana Shell Smith stepped down last year shortly after tweeting from her professional account: “Increasingly difficult to wake up overseas to news from home, knowing I will spend today explaining our democracy and institutions.” John Feeley, the former ambassador to Panama, decided he could no longer serve in the Trump administration when the president failed to single out neo-Nazis and white supremacists for criticism after the Charlottesville, Virginia, rally last year, he wrote in The Washington Post. Both Smith and Feeley worked under Democratic and Republican presidents.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/homeland-security-advisory-council-members-resign-over-repugnant-family-separations_us_5b573f5fe4b0de86f490dc3c

Homeland Security Advisory Council Members Resign Over ‘Repugnant’ Family Separations

Quote:
“This is child kidnapping, plain and simple,” Eilzabeth Holtzman wrote.

By Sebastian Murdock
Multiple members have resigned their positions on the Homeland Security Advisory Council over the separation of parents and their children along the U.S.-Mexico border.

The four former members ― Richard Danzig, Elizabeth Holtzman, David Marin and Matthew Olsen ― signed a resignation letter last week and gave it to Homeland Security Secretary Kristjen Nielsen, the Washington Post reported. The letter blasts the Trump administration for its cruel treatment of families who have been separated at the border.

“Were we consulted, we would have observed that routinely taking children from migrant parents was morally repugnant, counter-productive and ill-considered,” the letter said. “We cannot tolerate association with the immigration policies of this administration, nor the illusion that we are consulted on these matters.”

According to the DHS website, the council was created “to provide the Secretary real-time, real-world, sensing and independent advice to support decision-making across the spectrum of homeland security operations.”

Danzig is the former secretary of the Navy in the Clinton administration; Holtzman is a former Democratic congresswoman; Olsen is a former director of the National Counterterrorism Center, and Martin is a former DHS deputy general counsel.

In a separate letter to Nielsen, Holtzman said the policy of separating families is breaking the law.

Elizabeth Holtzman's resignation letter.
ELIZABETH HOLTZMAN
Elizabeth Holtzman’s resignation letter.
“As an author of the Refugee Act of 1980, along with Senator Ted Kennedy, I believe the treatment of refugees by you and President Trump violates that law and our treaty obligations to refugees,” Holtzman said.

Although a federal judge ordered a suspension to the separations and called for families to be reunited, the agency has largely failed to do so.

Holtzman went a step further in her letter, accusing the administration of kidnapping children.

“The final straw has been the separation of children from their parents at the Southwest border,” she wrote. “This is child kidnapping, plain and simple.”

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/aaf5c9ba-8944-307c-b0e6-b9129434b049/ss_former-trump-aide-omarosa-has.html

Former Trump aide Omarosa has "explosive" book coming

Quote:
Caption Close NEW YORK (AP) — Former President Donald Trump aide and "Apprentice" contestant Omarosa Manigault Newman has a memoir coming that her publisher calls "explosive" and "jaw-dropping." The book is called "Unhinged." Gallery Books announced Thursday that it will be released on Aug. 14. Manigault Newman was a Trump ally who joined his administration in January 2017 as a White House communications director. She had vowed that political foes would "bow down" to Trump. But she left after a year and spoke harshly of her experience, while denying reports she was fired. She said she was worried about the country and would never vote for Trump again. The rare black woman in Trump's administration

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

former RNC chairman cannot say a good word about trumpism...

https://www.msnbc.com/am-joy/watch/looking-back-clashes-in-charlottesville-1297460803764

Looking Back: Clashes in Charlottesville

Quote:
Exactly a year ago, MSNBC’s Joy Reid was interviewing Rev. Traci Blackmon, while she was protesting against hate at a ‘Unite the Right’ rally in Charlottesville. During the interview, Rev. Blackmon was rushed off-site because white supremacists began rioting. One of them drove his car through a crowd counter-protesters, killing 32-year-old Heather Heyer and injuring dozens of others. Kurt Bardella, Jennifer Rubin and Michael Steele join Jonathan Capehart to discuss how far we’ve come with race-relations in America, since this defining event.

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Dean makes a great point so does Daily Kos...

get out of the white house of corruption and collusion...

John Dean to White House staffers: 'Get out!'

Quote:

John Dean to White House staffers: 'Get out!'John Dean knows a little something about awful, criminal, paranoid presidents with berserk rage boners for the popular Democratic presidents who preceded them. As White House counsel under President Nixon, he was deeply involved in the Watergate coverup. Eventually he flipped on the president, cooperating with investigators and pleading guilty to a single felony count.

So if things seem a tad Watergate-y to you these days, imagine how Dean feels. He’s seen this movie before. Hell, he’s helped make this movie before. And now he’s saying to White House staffers, “Whatever you do, don’t be me”:

John Dean

@JohnWDean
Memo To Trump’s White House Staff: FYI. Very few people who worked at Nixon’s White House later included that fact on their resumes. It doesn’t do much for a career to be on the wrong side of history, nor to have worked for the worst president in American history.

Come on, John. Worst in history? That’s … okay, yeah, you’re right. And unless we discover that James Buchanan nailed Stormy Daniels’ great-great-grandmother after she spanked him with a copy of Old Farmer’s Almanac, he’ll likely hold onto that status for a while.

real-human

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-donor-les-wexner-announces-191322407.html

GOP Donor Les Wexner Announces Departure From Republican Party After Obama Visit

Quote:
Ohio billionaire and longtime Republican donor Les Wexner says he is officially done with the party, and was prompted to leave after former President Barack Obama visited the state.

Wexner, the CEO of retail conglomerate L Brands, which owns Victoria’s Secret and Bath & Body Works, announced at a leadership summit in Columbus on Thursday that he “won’t support this nonsense in the Republican Party” anymore, The Columbus Dispatch reported.

The announcement, made at a panel discussion, came the same day Obama visited Columbus before heading to a rally in Cleveland to support Democrat Richard Cordray’s run for governor.

“I was struck by the genuineness of the man; his candor, humility and empathy for others,” Wexner said of Obama.

Wexner said he’s been telling lawmakers that he is now an independent.

“I just decided I’m no longer a Republican,” he said.

Last year, following a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, Wexner condemned the racists in a speech to his employees. He said Trump’s tepid response to the violence ― in which a white supremacist killed counterprotester Heather Heyer ― made him feel “dirty” and “ashamed,” the Dispatch reported.

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/one-gop-donor-giving-money-to-dems-this-year-1322255939975?v=raila&

One GOP donor giving money to Dems this year

Quote:
Billionaire investor Seth Klarman, a reliable center-right giver is now giving some $20 million to Democrats running for office this year. The New York Times' Bari Weiss spoke with Klarman and she joins Morning Joe to discuss.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 9 of 27

Jump to: