myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
False Equivalencies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as the tariffs were in place (April 2018), US producers fired up 11 plants. The thought was with the tariffs in place, dumping would be curtailed, and the US would fill the void. The added domestic capacity, plus a weakening in demand collapsed prices. In a no-tariff world, where supply ruled the day, the US companies would not make stupid decisions.... So, maybe its not a direct cause and effect, but the same EXACT thing happened in 2002-2003, and then we actually had a shortage...

Technoo, your link illustrates the mess tariffs cause. As someone once said, "you cant be just a little bit pregnant"
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
As soon as the tariffs were in place (April 2018), US producers fired up 11 plants. The thought was with the tariffs in place, dumping would be curtailed, and the US would fill the void. The added domestic capacity, plus a weakening in demand collapsed prices. In a no-tariff world, where supply ruled the day, the US companies would not make stupid decisions.... So, maybe its not a direct cause and effect, but the same EXACT thing happened in 2002-2003, and then we actually had a shortage...

Technoo, your link illustrates the mess tariffs cause. As someone once said, "you cant be just a little bit pregnant"

You just seem incapable of seeing the big picture..We know tariffs cause disruptions but doing NOTHING only leads to the cheating chinks continuing to screw America...Find me one economist who says China is not cheating cocksuckers...
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

You just seem incapable of seeing the big picture..We know tariffs cause disruptions but doing NOTHING only leads to the cheating chinks continuing to screw America...Find me one economist who says China is not cheating cocksuckers...

Matty, either you cant read---quite possible, or you have the memory of a gnat--also quite possible. I have stated before, and will state it again for you , so please read it twice, maybe write it down. I know China does not play by the rules, and certainly we need to re-evaluate the relationship, and attempt to fix the inequities. But using a blunt instrument with a ZERO percent batting average will crater the US economy, and explode our national debt.

Go take a look at the conservative bible today--The Drudge Report...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-08-06/you-thought-monday-was-dramatic-markets-welcome-tuesday
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Matty, either you cant read---quite possible, or you have the memory of a gnat--also quite possible. I have stated before, and will state it again for you , so please read it twice, maybe write it down. I know China does not play by the rules, and certainly we need to re-evaluate the relationship, and attempt to fix the inequities. But using a blunt instrument with a ZERO percent batting average will crater the US economy, and explode our national debt.

Go take a look at the conservative bible today--The Drudge Report...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-08-06/you-thought-monday-was-dramatic-markets-welcome-tuesday

You must be smarter than Tom Friedman and many others who see this as our ONLY instrument outside of war.... and you are dead wrong about a zero batting average..

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/truth-about-tariffs
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty, please. Tom Friedman is a classic old school liberal, he loves tariffs.
Please cite a recent moment in history(post WWII), when widespread tariffs worked to achieve a goal. Its absolutely HILARIOUS, and quite SAD to see a "conservative" extol the virtues of a liberal, and SUPPORT a Tax ...

OMG!!! Your CFR link , which I've read a few times is the best support yet for my argument!!!!!!! Lloyd, just when I think you can't get any dumber.......
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Matty, please. Tom Friedman is a classic old school liberal, he loves tariffs.
Please cite a recent moment in history(post WWII), when widespread tariffs worked to achieve a goal. Its absolutely HILARIOUS, and quite SAD to see a "conservative" extol the virtues of a liberal, and SUPPORT a Tax ...

OMG!!! Your CFR link , which I've read a few times is the best support yet for my argument!!!!!!! Lloyd, just when I think you can't get any dumber.......

widespread?????????? he moves the post...lol what happened to zero??

We support stopping China airhead...let me know when you have a solution besides lubing your butthole for the next China attack from the rear...
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caterpillar lost 0.6%, I think it was you Einstein who said it would crush them..

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/05/wall-street-needs-to-chill-out-about-trumps-tariffs.html
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a solution...I've articulated it here, but its long term.
Its hilarious that you are the protectionist, who supports Tom Friedman, and I am the free market capitalist...

Please illustrate a period in history, post -WWII where tariffs worked for the US.... You used the term dead wrong, now please support tariffs with some evidence that they worked.... BTW- since the tariffs on China(july 2018) went into effect , our trade deficit with them has INCREASED!!!!!

Matty, supporting taxes on America's companies is a losing hand. But I'm enjoying watching you eat the peanuts out of Trump's $h!t... keep it up sport...
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
I have a solution...I've articulated it here, but its long term.
Its hilarious that you are the protectionist, who supports Tom Friedman, and I am the free market capitalist...

Please illustrate a period in history, post -WWII where tariffs worked for the US.... You used the term dead wrong, now please support tariffs with some evidence that they worked.... BTW- since the tariffs on China(july 2018) went into effect , our trade deficit with them has INCREASED!!!!!

Matty, supporting taxes on America's companies is a losing hand. But I'm enjoying watching you eat the peanuts out of Trump's $h!t... keep it up sport...

Mexico....they are now highly active in helping protect our border thanks to Trumps threats to impose tariffs...
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Caterpillar lost 0.6%, I think it was you Einstein who said it would crush them..

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/05/wall-street-needs-to-chill-out-about-trumps-tariffs.html

The stock hasn't gone up in two years....It will get worse , something the link you posted alludes to... Matty, tariffs are like a slow boil of the frog, for a long time the frog thinks its fine, until its not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: