myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Impeachment countdown..... or 25th amendment...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/did-trump-engage-witness-intimidation-real-time?cid=eml_mra_20191115

Quote:
Did Trump engage in ‘witness intimidation in real time’?
11/15/19 12:29 PM
By Steve Benen
As a rule, I’m sympathetic to those who argue that Donald Trump’s tweets rarely constitute actual, legitimate news. There are, however, exceptions.

This morning, for example, former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, who was ousted as part of Team Trump’s political scheme, testified publicly as part of the impeachment hearings on Capitol Hill. During her appearance, the president thought it’d be a good idea to publish a tweet, smearing her career in public service.

“Everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad,” Trump wrote. “She started off in Somalia, how did that go? Then fast forward to Ukraine, where the new Ukrainian President spoke unfavorably about her in my second phone call with him. It is a U.S. President’s absolute right to appoint ambassadors.”

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) told the former ambassador about Trump’s missive and offered her a chance to respond.

“I don’t think I have such powers, not in Mogadishu, Somalia and not in other places. I actually think that where I’ve served over the years, I and others have demonstrably made things better for the U.S. as well as for the countries that I’ve served in.

“Ukraine, for example, where there are huge challenges, including, you know, the issue that we are discussing today, of corruption, huge challenges. But they’ve made a lot of progress since 2014, including in the years that I was there…. The Ukrainian people get the most credit for that. But a part of that credit goes to the work of the United States and to me as the ambassador in Ukraine.”

Schiff wasted little time in shining a light on the obvious, asking Yovanovitch about the effects of Trump’s attacks on other witnesses and their willingness to come forward and expose wrongdoing. “Well, it’s very intimidating,” she replied.

The committee chairman added, “Well, I want to let you know, ambassador, that some of us here take witness intimidation very, very seriously.”

During a break in the proceedings, Schiff stopped to briefly speak with reporters.

“What we saw today is, it wasn’t enough that Ambassador Yovanovitch was smeared, it wasn’t enough that she was attacked, it wasn’t enough that she was recalled for no reason, at least no good reason,” Schiff told reporters. “But we saw today, witness intimidation in real time by the President of the United States, once again going after this dedicated and respected career public servant in an effort to not only chill her, but to chill others who may come forward. We take this kind of witness intimidation and obstruction of inquiry very seriously.”

It’s almost as if Trump wanted to add an article of impeachment against himself.

Though I didn’t see this myself, none other than Ken Starr reportedly appeared on Fox News soon after, and told viewers, “The president was not advised by counsel in deciding to do this tweet. Extraordinarily poor judgment…. Obviously this was quite injurious.”

mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Peggy Noonan's comments were about Taylor and Kent. As Brett Baier said today, Trump just added an impeachable offense to the list today with witness tampering, and the White House is in defense mode....So, I'm glad you enjoyed today's testimony. Usually when the expletives and name calling starts, you know you've won the argument...

Wrong nitwit....not even close...but yes! it was dumb..

This is not a legal trial. Trump has every right in the world to chime in on a witness at any moment.. There was no threat, it was an opinion of her performance...

Today was all about taking it easy on her. Dems were praying for a break down into tears moment and it didn't happen.....remember this theater..
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Peggy Noonan's comments were about Taylor and Kent. As Brett Baier said today, Trump just added an impeachable offense to the list today with witness tampering, and the White House is in defense mode....So, I'm glad you enjoyed today's testimony. Usually when the expletives and name calling starts, you know you've won the argument...

Wrong nitwit....not even close...but yes! it was dumb..

This is not a legal trial. Trump has every right in the world to chime in on a witness at any moment.. There was no threat, it was an opinion of her performance...

Today was all about taking it easy on her. Dems were praying for a break down into tears moment and it didn't happen.....remember this theater.

trump is such a pussy, all hate talk and no action... again you can not say the words he tweeted were not hate. he presented no facts to his lies, just rightwing unsupported hate. H has been invited to testify under oath and or provide any and all witnesses and documents that can explain his position. He has declined. And has been ordered to give such people and documents, and not providing if one was innocent would be no problem, but it is clearly obstruction of justice and as such impeachment for that is clear.

He is not king George we had a revolution to remove any semblance of a king rule. No one is above the law which is administered in our constitution of checks and balance. Yes we had 2 years of Tyranny when all branches of government were controlled by citizens united/right-wing trust funders.

Here is the testimony of a non-partisan witness that is clear and shows again the criminal activities and reckless endangerment of millions of peoples lives to have a country do a fake investigation to benefit financially for the pussy grabber.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/david-holmes-statement-impeachment-inquiry-full-opening-statement/

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shifty gonna lose
mac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty funny day for the Reeps. Their defense of Trump runs like this, with help from their pet witnesses.

Well, Trump always tries to do outrageous things that are illegal. We’re often able to talk him out of. Eventually the money got to Ukraine without investigating crazy paranoid theories—so pay no attention to the bribery attempt. He’s too volatile to commit a successful crime and we’re trying to keep him in check.

That’s the best you got? Well, there was a quid pro quo, but he got caught and released the money?
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Pretty funny day for the Reeps. Their defense of Trump runs like this, with help from their pet witnesses.

Well, Trump always tries to do outrageous things that are illegal. We’re often able to talk him out of. Eventually the money got to Ukraine without investigating crazy paranoid theories—so pay no attention to the bribery attempt. He’s too volatile to commit a successful crime and we’re trying to keep him in check.

That’s the best you got? Well, there was a quid pro quo, but he got caught and released the money?

hahahahahahaha you stupid old man... Eagle Scout was exposed as a Liar, leaker and a trouble maker....Excuse me< LT col Vidman.....what a fucking dink.

4 first hand witnesses to the phone call today and a GOOSE EGG!!! lol

And these are Shiffs witnesses!! hahahahha you can't make this shit up ...lol
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Shiff-for-brains' 4 leading witnesses (Kent, Taylor, Sondland, and Yovanovitch) have stated specifically and repeatedly that they know (know, not presume) of no crimes Trump committed relevant to the Ukraine or worthy of impeachment at all (i.e., Trump 4, Shiff 0.0), can can the frigging left get back to the jobs they were elected to do?

Almost all by himself, Schiff's 3.5 year baseless TDS has cost the DNC any chances of winning even a karaoke contest in 2020.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Now that Shiff-for-brains' 4 leading witnesses (Kent, Taylor, Sondland, and Yovanovitch) have stated specifically and repeatedly that they know (know, not presume) of no crimes Trump committed relevant to the Ukraine or worthy of impeachment at all (i.e., Trump 4, Shiff 0.0), can can the frigging left get back to the jobs they were elected to do?

Almost all by himself, Schiff's 3.5 year baseless TDS has cost the DNC any chances of winning even a karaoke contest in 2020.

19 minutes after Trump inauguration .....that's how long it took the WP to print a headline...."IMPEACHMENT BEGINS"

We are not dealing with stable people, we are dealing with , hateful, spiteful , petulant children who do not accept election results....

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you guys buy some steaks and get a room...
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Why don't you guys buy some steaks and get a room...

You homophobic, bigoted, pos.... That's what mac and his little girlfriend vietnam would have said if I had posted that... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 23 of 65

Jump to: