myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Impeachment countdown..... or 25th amendment...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice argue both sides of the coin.... go to court and argue the case should not be in courts, then impeach and argue that the issues should be settled in court...

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/dems-pounce-court-after-trump-lawyers-contradict-trumps-doj?cid=eml_mra_20200124

Dems pounce in court after Trump lawyers contradict Trump’s DOJ

Quote:
On the opening day of Donald Trump’s impeachment trial this week, Jay Sekulow, one of the president’s controversial personal attorneys, insisted that it should be up to the courts to mediate disputes between the executive and legislative branches. That came as something of a surprise to many listening: the Trump administration has spent months making the opposite argument.

Not surprisingly, it didn’t take long for congressional Democrats and their attorneys to take advantage of the contradiction. Politico reported yesterday:

House Democrats on Thursday night flagged to a federal appeals court panel comments made earlier this week by President Donald Trump’s lawyers during the Senate impeachment trial in hopes it can spur a win in a pending case that could open a spigot of new information in their bid to remove the president.

The two-page letter from the House’s top lawyer brings to the attention of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit remarks made by Trump’s personal attorney Jay Sekulow on the Senate floor questioning why Democrats hadn’t tried to secure testimony in court from a key former White House aide – rather than push ahead with impeachment.

The underlying case involves Don McGahn, the former White House counsel who was, for all intents and purposes, one of the star witnesses in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into the Russia scandal. As we’ve discussed, the Republican lawyer spoke with investigators for dozens of hours, and in the redacted version of Mueller’s report, the former White House counsel is cited more than 150 times.

mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolton’s book confirms it. Do you feel the snow? It is winter, and Trump and his criminal gang are so stupid they left footprints everywhere.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Bolton’s book confirms it. Do you feel the snow? It is winter, and Trump and his criminal gang are so stupid they left footprints everywhere.

what say you to this entitled pussy grabbers...

so those who knew this was true shouldn't they be charged with treason for not reporting it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bolton-book-confirms-trump-ordered-continued-ukraine-aid-freeze-nyt-2020-1

Former national security adviser John Bolton reveals Trump directly confirmed a Ukraine quid pro quo in a conversation last year

Quote:
Former national security adviser John Bolton claims President Donald Trump told him personally that he would withhold military aid from Ukraine until it acceded to his demands for politically motivated investigations, The New York Times reported, citing an unpublished manuscript of Bolton's upcoming book.
According to the manuscript, Trump conveyed his decision to Bolton in August of last year.
The president is currently on trial in the Senate after he was impeached last month for abuse of power and obstruction of Congress related to his efforts to solicit Ukraine's interference in the 2020 election.
Bolton announced earlier this month that he would be willing to testify if subpoenaed in Trump's Senate trial. He is a key figure in several episodes under scrutiny in the impeachment inquiry, and The Times' reporting indicates he could have significant new information about Trump's pressure campaign.

vientomas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always considered Bolton to be a wild eyed, crazy hawk. But, things have gotten really bad if Bolton appears to be the responsible, level headed and truthful adult in the Trump romper room. OMG...how far we have fallen. The Republican Trump syncophants in the Senate are a disgrace to the founding principles of these United States.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let's see if the whore of a tweeter tells us Bolton is a liar?
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
I've always considered Bolton to be a wild eyed, crazy hawk. But, things have gotten really bad if Bolton appears to be the responsible, level headed and truthful adult in the Trump romper room. OMG...how far we have fallen. The Republican Trump syncophants in the Senate are a disgrace to the founding principles of these United States.

True that.
LHDR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
LHDR wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
It's a joke, is going nowhere and will forever tarnish the process of impeachment...

Sure, it's going nowhere (which is fine even though Trump's corruption is crystal clear). But impeachment will hopefully serve as a warning to future presidents to limit their abuse of power and obstruction of justice.

Like I said it would have been thrown out of a court of law in two seconds....go back and listen nitwit...no one witness for the bug eyed freak could name a law Trump broke....not one...
Reasonable???? that funny coming from a lefty...Reasonable people accept election results, reasonable people don't ignore glaring corruption like Joes QPQ,
reasonable people undestand that Trump was well within his rights and did nothing wrong

mat-ty, this is the last time and only because I find it unbelievable coming from you. I think it's too easy for humans to recognize corrupt acts for you to honestly think that Trump didn't do what he did. Everything fits, everything easily makes sense, every witness says the same; it is what it is, as the Irishman would say.

Aside from that, it's time to stop repeating the silly argument about accepting election results; it's not that a Democrat would replace the corrupt one and I prefer him to remain in office and face the voters.

Finally, the corrupt one was "well within his rights and did nothing wrong"? Now that at least is an understandable argument; the president is entitled to act in corrupt ways. I disagree, but at least I get the argument.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LHDR wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
LHDR wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
It's a joke, is going nowhere and will forever tarnish the process of impeachment...

Sure, it's going nowhere (which is fine even though Trump's corruption is crystal clear). But impeachment will hopefully serve as a warning to future presidents to limit their abuse of power and obstruction of justice.

Like I said it would have been thrown out of a court of law in two seconds....go back and listen nitwit...no one witness for the bug eyed freak could name a law Trump broke....not one...
Reasonable???? that funny coming from a lefty...Reasonable people accept election results, reasonable people don't ignore glaring corruption like Joes QPQ,
reasonable people undestand that Trump was well within his rights and did nothing wrong

mat-ty, this is the last time and only because I find it unbelievable coming from you. I think it's too easy for humans to recognize corrupt acts for you to honestly think that Trump didn't do what he did. Everything fits, everything easily makes sense, every witness says the same; it is what it is, as the Irishman would say.

Aside from that, it's time to stop repeating the silly argument about accepting election results; it's not that a Democrat would replace the corrupt one and I prefer him to remain in office and face the voters.

Finally, the corrupt one was "well within his rights and did nothing wrong"? Now that at least is an understandable argument; the president is entitled to act in corrupt ways. I disagree, but at least I get the argument.

Okay airhead.....you are completly clueless...What Trump did was at best bad judgement, not even close to an impeachable offennse...By your standard every president in history would be guillty of a crime...there are AWAYS stipulations.

This is nothing more than a desperate party who have failed misreably to bring down Trump.......I'm sure you thought POS Blasey Ford was credible and honest also...
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:

Fallen because of scumbag liberals like you...You brag about your so called intellect like Mac , but are nothing more than a partisan liberal POS...I can't remember ONE time you did'nt hold the party line and show an iota of honesty.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is hilarious..... Being hypnotized by a nugget in the middle, and Beavis and Butthead on the sides.....

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-friends-covers-fox-news-poll-completely-ignores-part-showing-trump-down-big-to-2020-rivals/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 53 of 65

Jump to: