myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
California and Texas economies
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: California and Texas economies Reply with quote

I know that some live in a post-fact world. But there are still facts. Here from Michael Bernick, in the Sunday Chronicle, is an account of job growth in California--despite regulations, high taxes and housing shortages. "Since February 2010, the state [California] has gained nearly 2.6 million jobs."

During that period, Texas has added approximately 1 million jobs. http://www.deptofnumbers.com/employment/texas/
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this to be relevant in any sort of way, you have to have the unemployment percentage in 2/2010 for both Ca. and Texas, so that you can see which state had more jobs created, as part of their population percentage for the same time period.
What you posted is just raw numbers in a vacuum. Ca. and Texas aren't even the same size in population. Or in the numbers of lost then refilled jobs, existing or newly created.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasping at straws--you could gave checked yourself, but I think you were scared of the answer. Texas population just under 28 million, California just over 39 million. That certainly doesn't account for 2.6 times as many jobs.

Now, if you suggested that there are more metrics to compare states than job formation I would have agreed. Texas scores very poorly in education and in lowering their carbon usage--but I think you like both of those results! Laughing

This is really in Malibu's face for his nonsense claims that the Texas economy is on fire, California fading, and millions are moving to Texas. Patent nonsense--which was the point of the posting. The facts, though interesting, won't change your beliefs.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
For this to be relevant in any sort of way, you have to have the unemployment percentage in 2/2010 for both Ca. and Texas, so that you can see which state had more jobs created, as part of their population percentage for the same time period.
What you posted is just raw numbers in a vacuum. Ca. and Texas aren't even the same size in population. Or in the numbers of lost then refilled jobs, existing or newly created.

what is the average income for say a decent professional California vs texas.... hahahahah look at engineers.....

how much do you make flipping a hamburger at McDonald's in Dallas vs San Francisco? Remember when Bush wanted to reclassify flipping hamburgers as manufacturing....

BTW the regulation issues is also exemplified in countries in Europe like sweden, norway, holland, germany, Switzerland. The most regulated businesses in the world. My gosh in Switzerland at least parts of it, if you are the first to arrive at a light changing you had to turn the car off at the traffic light last time I was there. To cut pollution....

nw30

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth about this tread is starting to show, predictably, California is so much better than Texas, Texas is so bad they deserved the hurricane.
Any more anti-Texas threads you'd like to start mac?
Surely you can come up with some more.
Florida put Bush over the top against Gore, they have a hurricane bearing down on them now. I'll be waiting for anti-Florida threads from you after they get hit, if they do.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're funny NW....I'll give you that.
Don't you think its just a little bit weird the way the Trumpster just opened the pocketbook to his buddy Rick Scott before Irma even arrives?
In 2005, it was really awkward between the Bush administration and the state of Louisiana...not this time...Hurricane Sandy relief money was a boondoggle also, as Ted Cruz threw a wrench in the engine. But Republican on Republican funding is all good!!!
mac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
The truth about this tread is starting to show, predictably, California is so much better than Texas, Texas is so bad they deserved the hurricane.
Florida put Bush over the top against Gore, they have a hurricane bearing down on them now. I'll be waiting for anti-Florida threads from you after they get hit, if they do.

Caught having his argument about Texas come up empty, NW invents a position for me. Can't read, or don't read? Malibu has gone on at great length about the strength of the Texas economy compared to California. But it is simply not true. I don't much like Texas--it's full of sanctimonious Texans and it is hot and oily. But deserved the hurricane? Only a Christian hater would say that--as one Texas legislator whose house was flooded actually said about Katrina. The issue is that Texan governments, at local and state levels, put people, houses, and chemical plants in harms way and ignored the science about what to expect. Now they are begging for the biggest handout ever. I'd vote to give the handout--if they agreed to do some things to reduce the risks. As Florida has.

Boy are you uninformed--and mean.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
nw30 wrote:

Caught having his argument about Texas come up empty, NW invents a position for me. Can't read, or don't read? Malibu has gone on at great length about the strength of the Texas economy compared to California. But it is simply not true. I don't much like Texas--it's full of sanctimonious Texans and it is hot and oily. But deserved the hurricane? Only a Christian hater would say that--as one Texas legislator whose house was flooded actually said about Katrina. The issue is that Texan governments, at local and state levels, put people, houses, and chemical plants in harms way and ignored the science about what to expect. Now they are begging for the biggest handout ever. I'd vote to give the handout--if they agreed to do some things to reduce the risks. As Florida has.

Boy are you uninformed--and mean.

So many times I've told you that I'm not a Christian, or even religious, but you still assume that I am, based on what, hate? Which in itself is very illustrative of how your mind works.
Keep digging your hole, it's fun to watch. You must have a garage full of shovels, all with different labels on them to go along with your playing cards.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still can't read. I didn't say that Texas deserved a hurricane, nor did I say you were a Christian hater. I did say that a Christian hater from Texas blamed Katrina on sin, in essence, New Orleans deserved a hurricane. One of those Texans I find distasteful.

You have a different kind of sickness--ignorance.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as I have noted time and time again IQ30.... for NW30...

Remerber 9-11 was related/because of what the gays in america by a bunch of major religious right wacos, so they claimed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: