myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Best performance board with a daggerboard?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregnw44

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AG80 wrote:
Same question, why did you sell the CarbOne?
I have the CarbOne and it is just a fun board to sail in most wind conditions I see, anything from 5-25 mph. It could be my 1 quiver board. Of course, it is not. I also have a Phantom 320 which I think is a little more technical to sail, but with its thick boxy rails it is fun to "set the rail" and slice through the water. It takes more wind to get the Phantom to plane as compared to the Kona.

AG80 & gvogelsang - I really like the CarbOne and agree it could be a GREAT and high performance, and all round, one board quiver for many people!! And it's the coolest lookin' board I've ever owned.
And certainly, it works as good as any-other-one-board, in, 5-25 mph wind, just like you say.
I sailed mine a number of times, in just over a year, that I had it.
And I really like the whole Kona concept, I'm a believer and a supporter, they have done great things to help build windsurfing over the last decade. And I will keep a Kona One around for teaching and training for Kona class races. The CarbOne is expensive, but it's also exclusive & unique, and everything the Kona One is, plus more performance and bad a$$ looks, haha!
In the end though some things changed for me during the year I had it. I found another old, light weight big vol raceboard... and these boards are faster for me, for fun and racing, in the light wind (sub-planning) that we always have here, especially for my 200 lbs self. AND last May I bought a $2000 carbon LP Foils windfoil (for the rare times we get 10-20). So I just didn't have space in the garage or enough extra windsurf $ to own so many exclusive toys.
I got the CarbOne for a little discount (slight discount), cause it was a store demo (but in perfect condition)... and I found a guy who is a better fit for it than me... and he paid a lot for it, so I only lost some $ (not too much). And he LOVES it. He's an intermediate but fast improving sailor. He's lighter weight than me, and he lives somewhere else, where he gets more wind than I do... therefore he will planning on that board way more than I would've. And he doesn't have a garage full of boards like I do. So for him, it is just what you say, an awesome, cool looking, high performance all round board for him on his lake, in 5 to 20 mph wind.

SeaDawg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wind, Ed has moved state side(FL) I do believe he made the board in his garage. As it turns out he and I are the same age and he understood what I was looking for. The design was pushed more for sailing ability but still pretty sweet in wave (all subjective) but given all though years of board shaping it's quite a prize.

One puzzle I've been trying to solve to is getting to the beach with the best chance to sail, one way or another. Quest for two boards, two sails.

So imangine , the long Angulo and a good freeride (Tabou Rocket 135) I'll take the EzzY Cheatah 7.5/Ezzy Wave 6.3. Think of the range. 10-25knt+
That'eazy 90% of most sailing sessions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: