myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Blog: weird raging FALL NW winds today... but

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windfind

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Blog: weird raging FALL NW winds today... but Reply with quote

Hi Gang,

It is rare in the Fall to start the Bay Area forecast at 5:30AM and find mid 20's to low 30's winds raging at our ocean buoys.

In spring that would suggest very strong coast and Peninsula winds but my forecast suggest much weaker winds.

This blog tells the back story of the winds I expect today:

http://blog.weatherflow.com/west-coast-wind-blog-unusual-oct-nw-winds-raging-at-the-ocean-buoys-but/

Mike Godsey
iwindsurf.com/ikitesurf.com
Weatheflow.com

FallNWvsNE.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.32 KB
 Viewed:  9825 Time(s)

FallNWvsNE.jpg

martyrosse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite what the Waddell sensor read on the bluff, the wind did reach the beach on Sunday. I arrived at Waddell at 1pm and you couldn't see a windline at all, even looking way out to the horizon. But I knew from passing Gazos Creek, where it was already whitecapping, that there was potential. By 2pm, a solid windline had moved about halfway from horizon to beach. By 3:30pm, the windline had filled in to the beach. It seemed 14-18 on the inside and 20-22 (but steady so easy to plane) outside the impact zone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: