myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
PSC on the weekend
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loopless

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: PSC on the weekend Reply with quote

Some legit mast high waves on the last swell

IMG_0730.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  434.68 KB
 Viewed:  23294 Time(s)

IMG_0730.JPG

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beauty Loopless! We got some of those waves here in Malibu. Very light wind here. How about down there.
loopless

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
Beauty Loopless! We got some of those waves here in Malibu. Very light wind here. How about down there.

4.7 Friday, 4.7 Saturday, very light Sunday ( I sailed 5.7 slogging)
mikecole

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Is that photo at the point or out front of solo? Must have been peeling from from the bombora to the fish camp... I caught the swell at AL on Saturday and it was one of the best days I've ever had at that spot. Thanks for sharing... Any more pics???

Mike
loopless

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikecole wrote:
Wow! Is that photo at the point or out front of solo? Must have been peeling from from the bombora to the fish camp... I caught the swell at AL on Saturday and it was one of the best days I've ever had at that spot. Thanks for sharing... Any more pics???

Mike

That was off the point - and not the biggest waves of the day for sure. It was really light on the inside , so you had to kick out before fish camp rights. Some kiters found that out to their dismay.
Andrew
verendia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, how big was it at AL last weekend
mikecole

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AL on Saturday was overhead to 10ft. Big dumping wall at the beach break. Castles better but lot's of floating kelp tubes and stuff ripped up by the swell. Maybe best rides were had pinching way up wind and getting your turns before the beach wall dumped.

Mike
kevinkan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that pic i'm guessing was probably from Friday. wind was light inside for sure... i got stuck in jail in front of Pablo's for quite a while. was resigned to doing the walk of shame, but then my friend, Chilly, ended up in jail with me... he was willing to give it another go, and I followed suit, caught a lucky puff, and limped back out (4.6/86). At the end of the day, several people got stuck in the chili bowl/pablo's and Joey picked up five people in the solosports van, including Wyatt and Tyson, and my campmate, Ron.

our group arrived Thursday around 2pm... on the water by 2:30 and the swell was starting to show. sailed 4.2/85 and was powered up. some occasional logo high stuff but also some big intervals between sets. was a great day though

Friday was the biggest day. 4.6/86 underpowered for some of it. some big bombs rolling through. really fun day.

Saturday was the funnest day for me. 4.6/85 perfectly dialed. wave size was a little smaller, but there were constant waves, and things were lined up really well. wave surface texture was almost glassy from inside point down to pablo's... race track fast conditions and long, long waves.

Sunday, light wind. surf day for me.

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
mikecole

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that report Kevin... One last question, does anyone remember the precise direction of that swell? Would like to file that away for future use Smile

Mike
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I remember it went from 210 to 195 over the days. PSC loves the 220 t0 195 direction, but can get down to 170 or a bit lower.

I've also seen large West swells too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: