myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Protecting Your Nose
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndreiA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: How they protect boards at Bonair Windsurf Rentals Reply with quote

At Bonair Windsurf Rentals they use combination of deviator and nose pads. Insurance is included in the price - as long as you don't use a standard mast foot. That's their level of confidence

At WorldWinds (Corpus Christi) rentals back in 2010 they used fiberglass nose protectors shaped for the board, and they claimed never had damaged noses.
mamero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
SEARCH the forum for my dozen or more descriptions of protecting my nose (and forward rails, deck, tail, and groin) using DaKine's Formula Mast Pad (Neil Pryde also makes a T-shaped boom-bra/mast pad combo*) plus unobtrusive NSI deck padding in the high-wear, high impact, and slip-prone areas (many people think it's factory-applied and that it enhances my boards' looks).

Could you elaborate? Perhaps a pic or two of a rigged sail with padding applied. I searched a bit for your threads but found only one older thread. Unfortunately the links therein were no longer active.
justall

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mamero wrote:
isobars wrote:
SEARCH the forum for my dozen or more descriptions of protecting my nose (and forward rails, deck, tail, and groin) using DaKine's Formula Mast Pad (Neil Pryde also makes a T-shaped boom-bra/mast pad combo*) plus unobtrusive NSI deck padding in the high-wear, high impact, and slip-prone areas (many people think it's factory-applied and that it enhances my boards' looks).

Could you elaborate? Perhaps a pic or two of a rigged sail with padding applied. I searched a bit for your threads but found only one older thread. Unfortunately the links therein were no longer active.

Here is one: http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24359
coachg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 4:46 you can see the reaction to the crash. At 4:57 you can see the result. I don't think even Iso's pads would have helped this. Looks like he had a run in with Jaws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E3Nl_xdA6o

Coachg
Wind-NC.com

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
At 4:46 you can see the reaction to the crash. At 4:57 you can see the result. I don't think even Iso's pads would have helped this. Looks like he had a run in with Jaws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E3Nl_xdA6o

Coachg

Ooops! Shocked Yikes... That highlights one of the hardest things about trying to go really super fast on a foil that's only designed to go pretty darn fast- You end up needing to put so much power into your front leg and mast base, trying as hard as humanely possible to keep it down and in the water, and the faster you go the harder you have to push down.... and if the balance between you pushing down and the foil pushing up gets even the tiniest bit off, the foil will breach and instantly lose power and you'll just go slamming straight down since your weight was so far forward already. Usually just kind of scary and fun at the same time.......

http://wind-nc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: