myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Wing sail is reality now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
killogramm



Joined: 18 Jul 2000
Posts: 85

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvCali wrote:
killogramm wrote:
The sail that you show us is nothing but sail with big pocket. It has very small advantage but overcompensated with pressure drag. I know all the story about heru sails from early start. I can be more specific about that product but I afraid that technical language is sound insulting to you. Isn't it dude?


there you go ... Challenger and Heru join the collection of sailmakers who don't know what they are doing ... Rolling Eyes

At least their sail was somewhat competitive against a regular race sail. The 6.0: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUuyKDP2xWo and 7.8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBKoG_RbVFw and 8.4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaJp_iA7ubI&t=105s
And you my friend join collection of critics who don't know what they are saying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nw30



Joined: 21 Dec 2008
Posts: 5131
Location: The eye of the universe, Cen. Cal. coast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arguing with a critic, is no way to sell any kind of a product, it doesn't matter what the product is.
At most, if you really feel like you need to argue, you shouldn't take it any farther than what Lee Iacocca became famous for saying, "If you can find a better car, buy it." That's it, no more, and getting personal will just kill everything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killogramm



Joined: 18 Jul 2000
Posts: 85

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Arguing with a critic, is no way to sell any kind of a product, it doesn't matter what the product is.
At most, if you really feel like you need to argue, you shouldn't take it any farther than what Lee Iacocca became famous for saying, "If you can find a better car, buy it." That's it, no more, and getting personal will just kill everything.
To answer most questions I open blog on MWsails site where all issues will be addressed using CFD illustrations. Purpose of this blog is not only to compare , but better understand airflow around traditional sail and wing. www.mwsails.com/blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swchandler



Joined: 08 Nov 1993
Posts: 9132

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pointed this out earlier, but it's worth repeating. Your website is just a blank screen for me. I don't have this kind of problem with other websites on the internet, so something is definitely wrong in what you've set up. While it might work for some folks, you're clearly hurting your potential in the marketplace operating a website that doesn't work for everyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killogramm



Joined: 18 Jul 2000
Posts: 85

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
I pointed this out earlier, but it's worth repeating. Your website is just a blank screen for me. I don't have this kind of problem with other websites on the internet, so something is definitely wrong in what you've set up. While it might work for some folks, you're clearly hurting your potential in the marketplace operating a website that doesn't work for everyone.
I really sorry about that, I don't think it's a website fault or provider. Try to use different browser like firefox or google chrome .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killogramm



Joined: 18 Jul 2000
Posts: 85

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: MW Sails CFD study Reply with quote

killogramm wrote:
swchandler wrote:
I pointed this out earlier, but it's worth repeating. Your website is just a blank screen for me. I don't have this kind of problem with other websites on the internet, so something is definitely wrong in what you've set up. While it might work for some folks, you're clearly hurting your potential in the marketplace operating a website that doesn't work for everyone.
I really sorry about that, I don't think it's a website fault or provider. Try to use different browser like firefox or google chrome .


In this post CFD study symmetrical profile cons and pros . These profiles done in past by windsurfing sail designers . www.mwsails.com/single-post/2017/12/30/Symmetrical-airfoils
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killogramm



Joined: 18 Jul 2000
Posts: 85

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: MW Sails CFD study Reply with quote

killogramm wrote:
killogramm wrote:
swchandler wrote:
I pointed this out earlier, but it's worth repeating. Your website is just a blank screen for me. I don't have this kind of problem with other websites on the internet, so something is definitely wrong in what you've set up. While it might work for some folks, you're clearly hurting your potential in the marketplace operating a website that doesn't work for everyone.
I really sorry about that, I don't think it's a website fault or provider. Try to use different browser like firefox or google chrome .


In this post CFD study symmetrical profile cons and pros . These profiles done in past by windsurfing sail designers . www.mwsails.com/single-post/2017/12/30/Symmetrical-airfoils
https://www.mwsails.com/single-post/2018/01/05/High-load-50-degrees-AOA-Angle-of-Attack-accelerated-stall
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
surferslist



Joined: 11 Sep 2015
Posts: 24
Location: Charleston, SC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would you estimate is the wind range for the 5.0?
_________________

What's in your quiver?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
joethewindsufa



Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1010
Location: Montréal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surferslist wrote:
What would you estimate is the wind range for the 5.0?


NON, no, nein = not again Sad
please read the 22 pages here and then ask for a 7-oh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
surferslist



Joined: 11 Sep 2015
Posts: 24
Location: Charleston, SC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joethewindsufa wrote:
surferslist wrote:
What would you estimate is the wind range for the 5.0?


NON, no, nein = not again Sad
please read the 22 pages here and then ask for a 7-oh


I read the 21 pages a week ago and I'm not combing through it again, thank you! Wink

He really should have that info on his website, but I can't find it.

_________________

What's in your quiver?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 22 of 25

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group