myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
would you want to be a neighbor of a ultra right winger?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with CB on this one, too divisive and too dismissive.

It may well be difficult to live next door to a narcissist who ignores common courtesy and zoning laws--whatever his or her political views. It is even more difficult to reassure my old Republican friends, who use to belong to a party that had intelligent views about fiscal conservatism and not using government programs to address things that are better addressed by the private sector, with or without oversight and regulation. That party seems to have experienced a hostile take over.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cgoudie1 wrote:
I'd have no problem living next to Mike, or Steve, and those guys are a ways away from each other politically.

If you're talking about Steve Chandler, I couldn't care less about his politics. What drove me to implement my killfile years ago was Steve's (and mac's) hundreds of incessant, vile, inexcusable, off-topic, false personal attacks. I, my sleep, and my vestigial sanity are eternally grateful for their impetus, because without that filter I would have quit iW many years, three desktop computers, and thousands of libelous accusations ago. Like no other people short of Wardog and like NO one in my real life, those three opened my eyes to the despicable behavior of the far left. The other 50+ wannabes in my killfile are pikers by comparison.

How many far left neighbors would grab a cell phone (for the camera and the 911 access) and a big gun (for self protection) and investigate a neighbor's alarm system whoops or three guys taking WSing gear off a car in a public parking lot late at night? Was the neighbor who threw a rock at my wife because she was walking our dogs on OUR property NEAR his property a rabid liberal? Of course. He was still a rabid liberal when he poisoned my golden retriever because it barked at his cat and egged our home after I reported both incidences to the sheriff. Which side of the political spectrum has made the term "racist" as meaningless as inhaling or exhaling by invoking it almost as often as they take a breath?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's face it, great walls make good neighbors.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
cgoudie1 wrote:
I'd have no problem living next to Mike, or Steve, and those guys are a ways away from each other politically.

If you're talking about Steve Chandler, I couldn't care less about his politics. What drove me to implement my killfile years ago was Steve's (and mac's) hundreds of incessant, vile, inexcusable, off-topic, false personal attacks. I, my sleep, and my vestigial sanity are eternally grateful for their impetus, because without that filter I would have quit iW many years, three desktop computers, and thousands of libelous accusations ago. Like no other people short of Wardog and like NO one in my real life, those three opened my eyes to the despicable behavior of the far left. The other 50+ wannabes in my killfile are pikers by comparison.

How many far left neighbors would grab a cell phone (for the camera and the 911 access) and a big gun (for self protection) and investigate a neighbor's alarm system whoops or three guys taking WSing gear off a car in a public parking lot late at night? Was the neighbor who threw a rock at my wife because she was walking our dogs on OUR property NEAR his property a rabid liberal? Of course. He was still a rabid liberal when he poisoned my golden retriever because it barked at his cat and egged our home after I reported both incidences to the sheriff. Which side of the political spectrum has made the term "racist" as meaningless as inhaling or exhaling by invoking it almost as often as they take a breath?

I think this post proved me to be spot on...

cgoudie1 with his statements here you would be a fool to live within a mile of this lunatic... man did I get this one right on...

why would anyone want to live next to a person so out of touch with reality that they think pizzagate is real? and believes guns are the solutions to problems. you are just asking for major trouble.

swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone think that isobars' cry is worthy of pity?

As hard as he has often tried to sell himself as a victim of untoward commentary, one only has to look at his long history of ugly diatribes to see the truth.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even know what my neighbors political affiliations are.
They're nice folks who come over occasionally to see if the Misses and
my family are healthy and happy. They check on the house when we're
gone, and we talk about what's up with our kids and grand kids (in my
case). They're not intrusive. About the biggest contention we get into
is music. Maybe I'm just lucky, but it's been that way my whole life.

It was my mistake to reference people on this forum. My point was that
political affiliation doesn't seem a contributing factor to where I live or
the respect I show my neighbors.

I stand by what I wrote, I can live next to just about anybody (who's
not dangerously crazy), but I prefer people who are civil.

I apologize for the additional divisiveness I contributed to here, that was far from my intent.

-Craig

real-human wrote:

cgoudie1 with his statements here you would be a fool to live within a mile of this lunatic... man did I get this one right on...

why would anyone want to live next to a person so out of touch with reality that they think pizzagate is real? and believes guns are the solutions to problems. you are just asking for major trouble.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cgoudie1 wrote:
I don't even know what my neighbors political affiliations are.
They're nice folks who come over occasionally to see if the Misses and
my family are healthy and happy. They check on the house when we're
gone, and we talk about what's up with our kids and grand kids (in my
case). They're not intrusive. About the biggest contention we get into
is music. Maybe I'm just lucky, but it's been that way my whole life.

It was my mistake to reference people on this forum. My point was that
political affiliation doesn't seem a contributing factor to where I live or
the respect I show my neighbors.

I stand by what I wrote, I can live next to just about anybody (who's
not dangerously crazy), but I prefer people who are civil.

I apologize for the additional divisiveness I contributed to here, that was far from my intent.

-Craig

real-human wrote:

Though as a child the family had many issues with the racist neighbors via death threats because my father was politically active in the town as being president of the human rights council even though he was an officer as well as national lab employee. He brought the first black family into our town, subdivision; a co-worker at a national lab. The police had to park across the street at night from our house as it was happening from the death threats. Needless to say after years of that family living there and one of the kids being a close friend of mine, others the town chilled out and accepted them. Only by people taking huge steps is or was that possible as neighbors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: