myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
What is it about Alabama?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Looks like there is finally something right (but not far right) in Alabama. And a giant black eye for the pussy grabber and Bannon.

You are right about Bannon, he's trying to fight the establishment but will never succeed.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
Looks like there is finally something right (but not far right) in Alabama. And a giant black eye for the pussy grabber and Bannon.

You are right about Bannon, he's trying to fight the establishment but will never succeed.

As they say , all politics is local...and Bannon trying to pimp out the Alabama folks for the Trump agenda didn't help Judge Moore...
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:

As they say , all politics is local...and Bannon trying to pimp out the Alabama folks for the Trump agenda didn't help Judge Moore...

Judge Moore didn't help Judge Moore. Most Yeehaws don't care about globalism or care for religious fanatics who are accused of dating teen girls.

OTOH, WAPO timed the release that weaponized the vagina.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievable. Matty has taken a chill pill, posted from a non-biased site (the balance) and admitted that Roy Moore was a flawed candidate. I guess it takes losing to a Democrat in one of the three reddest states to recognize when the far right has overreached.

Roy Moore has contempt for law, and is like a number of folks who use evangelical Christianity to cover up their un-Christian begavior. After all, all sins are forgiven if you just shout “jaysus” loud enough. Using opposition to abortion as the only ethical guidepost in the universe is fundamentally wrong. Supporting Roy Moore in order to pass a tax bill that steals from orphans and the elderly poor is far from Christian. As Jones said, pass CHIP reneal before he gets there.

There are indeed a number of things in the tax bill that I would support, and that with proper work across the aisle and vetting would garner Democrat votes. They are wrapped in giveaways to the Koch’s, hedge funders, and attacks on Blue states that result in the stealing from poor children. Scrooge-time.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Unbelievable. Matty has taken a chill pill, posted from a non-biased site (the balance) and admitted that Roy Moore was a flawed candidate. I guess it takes losing to a Democrat in one of the three reddest states to recognize when the far right has overreached.

Roy Moore has contempt for law, and is like a number of folks who use evangelical Christianity to cover up their un-Christian begavior. After all, all sins are forgiven if you just shout “jaysus” loud enough. Using opposition to abortion as the only ethical guidepost in the universe is fundamentally wrong. Supporting Roy Moore in order to pass a tax bill that steals from orphans and the elderly poor is far from Christian. AQs Jones said, pass CHIP reneal before he gets there.

There are indeed a number of things in the tax bill that I would support, and that with proper work across the aisle and vetting would garner Democrat votes. They are wrapped in giveaways to the Koch’s, hedge funders, and attacks on Blue states that result in the stealing from poor children. Scrooge-time.

I never defended Moore, I knew he was poison, and glad he will not be going to Washington.

The only thing I said in relation to Moore was, "I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH 40 YEAR OLD ALLEGATIONS. And I still do, left or right..
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two losers last night, Moore and Al Franken, Franken hoping for a Moore win so he could stay, but now he has to go and he knows it.
Sorry Al.

I heard that Moore lost by about the same margin as the number of write-ins, my gut tells me that the majority of write-ins probably went to Moore's horse.
vientomas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:

Roy Moore has contempt for law, and is like a number of folks who use evangelical Christianity to cover up their un-Christian begavior. After all, all sins are forgiven if you just shout “jaysus” loud enough. Using opposition to abortion as the only ethical guidepost in the universe is fundamentally wrong. Supporting Roy Moore in order to pass a tax bill that steals from orphans and the elderly poor is far from Christian. AQs Jones said, pass CHIP reneal before he gets there.

I never defended Moore, I knew he was poison, and glad he will not be going to Washington.

The only thing I said in relation to Moore was, "I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH 40 YEAR OLD ALLEGATIONS. And I still do, left or right..

Many states have no statute of limitations on sexual offenses against minors. You disagree with that?

https://victimsofcrime.org/docs/DNA%20Resource%20Center/sol-for-sexual-assault-check-chart---final---copy.pdf?sfvrsn=2
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:

Many states have no statute of limitations on sexual offenses against minors. You disagree with that?

https://victimsofcrime.org/docs/DNA%20Resource%20Center/sol-for-sexual-assault-check-chart---final---copy.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Not if it can proven. We used to live in a country where you were innocent till proven guilty. Seems like public opinion is the new rule of law. Mad Mad
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mat-ty for the link to The Balance website's review of the Senate and House tax plans. It is arguably the most complete and informative article I've seen to date.

Regarding the massive cut to the corporate tax rate, corporations hardly need a tax cut since most successful players are already awash in boatloads of cash today. Also, it's unlikely that tax cuts with lead to more jobs and higher wages for workers, since history doesn't tend to back it up. Increased demand is what leads to expansion and long term economic growth. The sure fired way to stimulate demand and growth is the expansion of a more vibrant and robust middle class. Yet the way that the tax plan is structured, the middle class sees very little benefit overall, and potentially loses any tax cut not that far into the future.

The way things look right now, I'm thinking that my taxes will increase. That's hardly encouraging.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Thanks mat-ty for the link to The Balance website's review of the Senate and House tax plans. It is arguably the most complete and informative article I've seen to date.

Regarding the massive cut to the corporate tax rate, corporations hardly need a tax cut since most successful players are already awash in boatloads of cash today. Also, it's unlikely that tax cuts with lead to more jobs and higher wages for workers, since history doesn't tend to back it up. Increased demand is what leads to expansion and long term economic growth. The sure fired way to stimulate demand and growth is the expansion of a more vibrant and robust middle class. Yet the way that the tax plan is structured, the middle class sees very little benefit overall, and potentially loses any tax cut not that far into the future.

Then you wouldn't be in favor of a new mileage tax that is being proposed here in Ca.
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/12/11/california-considers-mileage-tax/
That is a tax that would hurt the working middle class more than anyone else, a terrible idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 25 of 27

Jump to: