myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Anybody on the east coast use a Northwave sail?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's prolly OK to represent Northwave if you have some experience though, innit? ;*)

-Craig

outcast wrote:
This is classic stuff...
Thanks for representing the East Coast.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outcast wrote:
This is classic stuff...
Thanks for representing the East Coast.

Indeed .

I live in COLORADO, but majority , half anyway SAILING is IN Maine or OBX.

Has this thread ignited a urge to purchase Northwave sails.?

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
J64TWB

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars, you would be taken much more seriously if you accepted someones else experience as valid. You do not have monopoly on windsurfing and the world does not revolve around you. Its quite tiresome. Others opinions are equally valid and in many cases more valid than what you have to offer.

You do not have an exclusivity on knowledge but more importantly, you do not share the same experiences of others. Talent and “expertness” has nothing to do with personal experience whether you are learning to uphaul or pulling some crazy back loop. You do not have more “fun” than anyone, you are not “better” than anyone, you are not “superior” to anyone. You are exceptional at being you, but you haven't a clue at being me or anyone else.

Your diatribe can be incredibly tiresome and poisonous. I am a East coast (Great Lakes/central) sailor who loves my SW REVO 4.7 with Sumo. Nothing like the combo in gusty conditions as a light weight sailer for me! Its an opinion. If I busted a seam on it, it would be a fact.
donwh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The East coast of the US probably has 200 people (and dropping) that wave sail regularly, and have found a sail brand they like, through trial and error. The rest sail mainly flat water and b&j, and other sails seem to be more specific to those types of sailing. Northwave has a reputation for being a Gorge only sail. Would be strange to me to see NW's sailing a flat water venue.

What do I know, I sail 7 year old SE's and won't change until they fall apart.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

donwh wrote:
Northwave has a reputation for being a Gorge only sail. Would be strange to me to see NW's sailing a flat water venue.

Unless, of course, one considers their highly popular slalom sail, the 511. They used to make outstanding race sails, but dropped that line.

And "flat water" is often in the eye of the beholder. Is it flat compared to big waves, or does flat mean nuthin' but ripples? It doesn't take much organized chop or small swell to start working the terrain instead of bulldozing it, if that's one's choice. In that mode, maneuverability, and thus one's equipment, becomes important. It's extremely common to see a bunch of folks on the water together sailing in vastly different modes ... drag racing, slashing, jumping, surface and/or aerial freestyle, surviving, and more. That's not confined to the Gorge; it's available on many lakes and on the ocean, as it's more a function of terrain, equipment, and choices than latitude and longitude. I began maneuvering very heavily on NM's Morgan Lake, where waist-high is about as big as it gets even @ 40 kts. Other NM lakes can get overhead to nearly mast high in those conditions.
outcast

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless of course : Mast high New Mexico lakes morph into East coast slop
jpeter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
..... Other NM lakes can get overhead to nearly mast high in those conditions.

Mast high waves in New Mexico ? Peyote must be involved.

East coast is great in that we can claim to be the most under-rated windsurf and surfing zone anywhere.

25 years ago we were hanging at Mayflower beach in cape cod waiting for the NE'er to show up. One guy who was visiting from the gorge was talking up how great it was out there in Hood river; windy, waves, engineering jobs, basically the promised land. Wind comes up, blows 25 knots, head high wind swell, good sesh, fun. End of the day the gorge guy states, best day of windsurfing of his entire life.

Thanks for making me think of that ISOBARS.
JP
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Mr. Bluefish,

Mike might not have more fun than anyone, but I definitely do (on occasion)! ;*) Just ask any of the gorge SurfRats. ;*) ;*) Actually we
ran into Josh Stone one day out at Doug's (years ago) and he was definitely
having more fun than anybody, even me.

I will say that whatever your experience with Northwave, they're
certainly getting a lot of advertising here.

-Craig

p.s. I'm also a big Sailworks fan, though I use those on the high desert lakes of Utah.

p.p.s I also really liked Goyas on Maui, though I'm not much of a wave sailor ;*)

bluefish1 wrote:
You do not have more “fun” than anyone.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluefish1 wrote:
Isobars, you would be taken much more seriously if you accepted someones else experience as valid ... Others opinions are equally valid and in many cases more valid than what you have to offer.

Actually read my posts; I DID accept them.

Uninformed comments, especially false personal attacks, about posts someone has not read are disruptive, poisonous, and, one would expect, embarrassing.

bluefish1 wrote:
You do not have more “fun” than anyone, you are not “better” than anyone, you are not “superior” to anyone.

What on earth are you smoking? You are not eight feet tall, purple, or 97 years old.

bluefish1 wrote:
Your diatribe* can be incredibly tiresome and poisonous. I am a East coast (Great Lakes/central) sailor who loves my SW REVO 4.7 with Sumo. Nothing like the combo in gusty conditions as a light weight sailer for me! Its an opinion. If I busted a seam on it, it would be a fact.

And I acknowledged both multiple times, including explicitly stating that there may be better sails.

* What on earth "verbal attack" are you referring to?

A little too much pot or opioids, perhaps? Visual handicap? Vendetta bias?

Someone asked whether this thread would encourage anyone to buy NWs. Wonder if that someone (don't know or care who) is the same one who poisoned the thread by trying to make it about me rather than about NW sails, particularly the Sinewave.
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please go home
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: