myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Landfill cap work at Oyster Point

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Landfill cap work at Oyster Point Reply with quote

I just got an e-mail notice of this construction at Oyster Point. I don't know if it gets much use, but if you use it and have concerns of ideas, post or PM me.

Mac

I’m Justin Smith with SKS contacting you on behalf of the Oyster Point Development, LLC concerning future work on Oyster Point.

Work to repair the landfill clay cap on the eastern edge of the peninsula is expected to begin Fall 2018. We would like to hear your input on how to best maintain access to the launch area or a possible temporary launch area during construction. Below is an illustration of the proposed work in the vicinity of the launch area.

Appreciate any insight you can provide to coordinate access during planned construction. Look forward to speaking with you in the near future. Thanks.

Oyster Point.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  167.7 KB
 Viewed:  9427 Time(s)

Oyster Point.png

carl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac
Oyster is still a usable launch. Although the Genentech buildings make a wind shadow so you need a floaty board to get thru it and over to the Flying Tigers cove which has strong wind.
It is good when Coyote is too WSW in summer.
In winter SE or S storm wind it can be great, with good swell and no wind shadow.
The present launch is already in a good spot with a nice lawn rigging area.
I dont think it gets much use in fall (October/November) since there is usually not much wind then.
bert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the good old days we would launch from the rocks on the west side of Genentech point. It was a seriously steep climb down the rip-rap, but we were younger and more nimble in those days Sad
A ramp at the tip of Genentech point where the fishermen hang out would be ideal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: