myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bic Techno daggerboard "sticky"?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I bought my liquid Sailkote many years ago; it's getting extremely expensive, partly because it comes only in quarts or larger -- a lifetime supply for most people. I will be using the rest of mine more carefully. Just keep digging for better deals. At least with Amazon shipping will be free.
bred2shred

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Bic Techno daggerboard "sticky"? Reply with quote

gobigkahuna wrote:
My Bic Techno 185 arrived the other day and overall I'm happy with it. This is my first board from Bic and the daggerboard arrangement is different from other boards I've owned. The entire unit installs as a "casset" and I'm pretty sure I've installed it correctly. But raising / lowering the board is really sticky. And I really have to hit it hard to fully retract the board. Is this normal? Are there things I can do to make it easier?

Have you sailed the board yet, or are you making your assessment just based on operating the centerboard with your hand? Keep in mind that your foot (with your body weight on top of it) can apply a lot more force than your hand can. I would be hesitant to put any lubricant on the CB before actually sailing it. If my memory serves me, these centerboards rely on friction to hold them in the "down" position and if you lubricate, the board may not stay down - especially when set in a partially retracted position. I would sail it first (if you haven't already) before doing anything.

sm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: