myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
This will teach people to inquire about my health :)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: This will teach people to inquire about my health :) Reply with quote

Someone noticed my absence and inquired via PM about my health. To him and a few others, I apologize in advance for not having the time to condense this response.

Thanks for asking, but not to worry. My long term prognosis (years? ... certainly decades) is poor, but I expect to be very significantly healthier and more vital for this upcoming season than I was in 2017. Windsurfing through hormone and chemo therapies astounded and encouraged me, my oncologists, and my friends, all of whom know how either or both devastate most patients. My strength and fitness are already clearly improving post-chemo despite my remaining hormone therapy, which normally leaves men exhausted 24/7 before killing them (not an exaggeration) within about three years. In March, I expect to transition from that treatment to other protocols much less onerous and maybe even energizing. (Its timing relative to the WSing season is not a coincidence; I pushed many oncologists and institutions very hard for it.)

My gradual, possibly permanent, exit from iW is based not on illness but on two much bigger factors: tolerance and time. I’m fed up with the scores of despicable, vicious, disgusting, angry, twisted, lying, juvenile, dishonest, irrational, vitriolic, dictatorial, ignorant, venomous, and/or close-minded people defecating their personal bile into our punchbowl. When I increased the number and specificity of my complaints about them and their vile behavior to Weatherflow recently, WF acknowledged the problem but refused … again ... to do anything about the problem or the individuals. IOW, this is not the moderated forum we are promised. The false personal attack dogs in this forum, almost exclusively far leftists, have won this battle to some degree for one simple reason: I am FAR too busy fighting cancer* and enjoying life to fight with putrid people, pay much attention to politics, or respond to requests for WSing advice (especially from people who fit the above mold). The last Mac OS update mucked up my precious killfile, and I haven’t the time to fix it.

* A HUUUGE tip to anyone and everyone here: Put down your smartphones and the damned remote; study health, nutrition, exercise, medicine, probably even investments; and manage your own health and welfare. Far too many doctors and hospitals don't know crap beyond surgery, radiation, and drugs, and many of them misuse those inexcusably in a hundred million Americans alone. Three nationally renowned oncologists have verified my own literature research conclusion that if I had obeyed the cancer treatment prescriptions from their own world-ranked cancer research centers of excellence, I'd have permanently devastated my health and mobility for NO benefit IN MY CASE. I've been coordinating, even directing when necessary, the medical efforts of five oncologists in four hospitals in three widespread states for many years now, with what I'm convinced have been vastly superior results compared to what those Big Box centers such as the Mayo Clinic recommended and expected. I’ve already tripled the 5 years one major institute gave me before terminal relapse.

Beyond that, I have yet to meet any physician who could demonstrate even one percent of my level of nutrition or exercise science education unless s/he had invested the same thousands of hours of heavy research I’ve dedicated to those fields. The time I’ve borrowed from TV, partying, working overtime, long commutes, and much more has extended my vitality by many years and demonstrates a possibility of many more, so I’m re-focusing my limited forum time towards a search for rational, adult-populated forums on health, fitness, and nutrition. You sure as hell won’t get much useful information on the latter two from your medical providers or your government, and even their health advice is very often badly subjugated to people and corporations whose unearned influence flushes scientific evidence down the toilet.

The same sad state of affairs includes health insurance. I pay for four independent health care insurance policies, and still have to fight insurers far too often for benefits. Has it been worth the time and hassles? You be the judge, but it has recovered and/or saved well into six figures already … far more than the premium costs if you don’t count the 20 years of military service that earned my VA “medical care”, which in turn signed my death warrant and has refused to even monitor my status in accordance with medical directives.

Are TV, yucks, and dealing with other people’s damaged children worth more than six figures and freedom from a wheelchair or a cold slab to any of you? Our doctors and hospitals, our nutrition, and clearly the Left’s behavior get worse every year, so to me it is worth the effort to manage my own health and social environments. Wake up while you and your family still have a choice. I’ve caught and averted many of the dozens of serious errors medical providers have made on me, but the worst escaped attention until it was too late. If I had left my medical care up to medical people and systems, I’d have been dead or bed-ridden five to ten years ago. Instead, I’m still buying and using new boards and sails in high winds.

Most of you will regret it if you don’t question and independently verify everything you are ordered to do by your medical/health/financial advisers, by WSers who demand that you windsurf by their rules rather than choosing your own path, by political ideologues, and simply by personally abusive people in general.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice Isobars. My health insurance for family is now in excess of $40,000 per year. This is insane.

I hope you have a great 2018 and beyond. You can't buy health or happiness. All the redistribution in the world will mot make people healthier or happier.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
You can't buy health or happiness.

Better choices, fueled by greater knowledge and sometimes enabled by hard cash, can make a huge improvement in both fronts, however. The biggest factor, IMO, as I suggested earlier, is assertively-applied knowledge. I took a permanent cognizance hit with the chemo, but it beat the hell out of both the benefits and the downsides of the alternatives, especially the ones most providers prescribe for the masses.
techno900

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Iso keeps going for as long as possible, as well as all the other posters here regardless of political leaning. Windsurfing buddies don't need to muddy the water with the things that get posted here. I only know of one guy that I have sailed with that openly professes his politics and even though it's the opposite of mine, we still have fun together. I don't discuss politics with friends.

I would venture that most of us have had bad or incomplete advice from Doctors, some without knowing it. Most of us tend to take medical advice without really understanding what is happening or knowing what options may exist. Although many Doctors are pretty good at what they do, it's always beneficial to do your own research. When visiting, prepare questions and take notes.

I left a primary care physician two years ago, because of a missed diagnosis (diverticulitis), as well as clearly not knowing enough about PSA test results, post prostatectomy. More attitide than lack of knowledge.

Managing one's healthcare can keep you busy as the body ages and encounters more and more issues.

Thankfully, windsurfing provides the motivation to stay fit so that at any moment, I can head out for a session.

Stay healthy out there............
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the update.
best wishes.

isobars

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I hope Iso keeps going for as long as possible, as well as all the other posters here regardless of political leaning. ... even though it's the opposite of mine, we still have fun together. I don't discuss politics with friends.

My objection has nothing to do with political positions. It has everything to do with disgusting subhuman behavior, even when discussing purely WSing topics. My reference to Leftards wasn't a slur on liberals; it was an accurate assessment of > 45 individuals killfiled because of their vicious, personal, extremely intolerant, antisocial behavior. Virtually every one of them is a liberal. (The correlation is FAR too high to be coincidence.)

The only way I have to evict this entire politics forum from my home is to killfile the small group of decent people in it along with the vast majority who deserve eviction. That works great, but it also blocks the decent people's contributions to windsurfing threads. Sorting them out by hand, day by day, took too much time and angst.

Similarly, when I see certain faces on TV news, I hit mute, change the channel, or leave the room. Hannity backs up his stories, but they get too repetitive; the others I ZOT are simply smug liars who refuse to answer any direct questions ... and they're virtually all far lefties. The pattern is too dominant -- almost 100% consistent -- to ignore.

techno900 wrote:
I would venture that most of us have had bad or incomplete advice from Doctors, some without knowing it.

Ignorance is bliss ... until it harms, destroys, or even ends one's life completely unnecessarily. The number and gravity of scores of cases of unjustifiable dogma, poor knowledge, and outright malpractice with horrible to terminal results I've encountered in online and flesh and blood prostate cancer forums is staggering, and it's multiplied many time over in the broader health and fitness arenas.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck ISO. Glad to hear you are getting out on the water.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Isobars

I am happy that you plan to get out there on the water this year. I hope it is a good season and you time all your sessions to be in the right place at the right time.

Take Care
wsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
techno900 wrote:
I hope Iso keeps going for as long as possible, as well as all the other posters here regardless of political leaning. ... even though it's the opposite of mine, we still have fun together. I don't discuss politics with friends.

My objection has nothing to do with political positions. It has everything to do with disgusting subhuman behavior, even when discussing purely WSing topics. My reference to Leftards wasn't a slur on liberals; it was an accurate assessment of > 45 individuals killfiled because of their vicious, personal, extremely intolerant, antisocial behavior. Virtually every one of them is a liberal. (The correlation is FAR too high to be coincidence.)

The only way I have to evict this entire politics forum from my home is to killfile the small group of decent people in it along with the vast majority who deserve eviction. That works great, but it also blocks the decent people's contributions to windsurfing threads. Sorting them out by hand, day by day, took too much time and angst.

Similarly, when I see certain faces on TV news, I hit mute, change the channel, or leave the room. Hannity backs up his stories, but they get too repetitive; the others I ZOT are simply smug liars who refuse to answer any direct questions ... and they're virtually all far lefties. The pattern is too dominant -- almost 100% consistent -- to ignore.

techno900 wrote:
I would venture that most of us have had bad or incomplete advice from Doctors, some without knowing it.

Ignorance is bliss ... until it harms, destroys, or even ends one's life completely unnecessarily. The number and gravity of scores of cases of unjustifiable dogma, poor knowledge, and outright malpractice with horrible to terminal results I've encountered in online and flesh and blood prostate cancer forums is staggering, and it's multiplied many time over in the broader health and fitness arenas.

You hit the nail on the head!
Godspeed on the recovery, and all the best!
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get well you old coot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: