myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Megan Rapinoe
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject: Megan Rapinoe Reply with quote

A class act. https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/07/10/megan-rapinoe-speech/?utm_term=.2042ce730acc
Code:
[/i]
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cunt.
Agreed to talk to anyone who agrees with her...
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....She's a self serving POS. She's screaming into an echo chamber and only morons like Mac can hear her...
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inspirational American hero in my book. Congratulations to the US Women. Question: why can't the American men even make the cup?

Bard/Matty....MAGA -flakes!!!!
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsy, First, an inspirational figure is one that is a role model to those who aspire to be like her. She is being watched by soccer playing schoolgirls across the country. Her frequent use of disrespectful and foul language in public settings is not inspirational. Neither is her arrogant strutting around when defeating vastly inferior teams. A little grace and humility would be far more inspirational.

As for the US men, do you really know that little about soccer? It is the most popular sport in the world by far. Half the population of the planet play or are fans. The men's game is incredibly competitive. More than 200 teams enter the qualifying rounds. Soccer is the national sport for most of these countries. Unlike the women's game, the skill level is very high across most of these teams and it is not uncommon for traditional powerhouse nations not to make it to the finals. Despite its small following, the US men have made the finals many times, the last WC being the first time they failed to qualify since 1990.

Finally, shrieks for equal pay for the women are laughable. It's a business......you pay those that produce. When FIFA set the prize money pool for the 2019 women's WC, revenue was estimated at $130 million. Prize money was $30 million........23%. The last men's WC generated over $6billion in revenue........50 times that of the women. The prize money pool was $400 million......7%. The women produce an inferior product with much smaller audience. Those are the facts. By normal business metrics either they are over-compensated or the men are under-compensated.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh. How sad.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Inspirational American hero in my book. Congratulations to the US Women. Question: why can't the American men even make the cup?

Bard/Matty....MAGA -flakes!!!!

Because our best athletes don't play soccer....if they did the world would have zero chance... Can you imagine if seth curry, lebrone james, and julian edleman played soccer since birth????
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side not....Last year I was supposed to see Frampton but plans got messed up. I was never a huge fan or follower but I always thought he would be fun to see.....I saw him the other night and was absolutely blown away.
Heavy blues, little jazzy, long jams, and tight as a frogs butt. His band was insanely good. a few covers , Georgia on my mind, black hole sun, my guitar gentle weeps, and a few others.

This will be his last tour and I would highly recommend seeing him...
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Sigh. How sad.
Yes it is, but for a different reason.
There is nothing worse than trying to combine sports with politics, it's ruining ESPN, because they can't help themselves, so their ratings are down in the dumps, entering CNN territory. Colin Krapernick did a pretty good job at trying to ruin the NFL with his politics, and now we have that self-important, glory hog, Rapinoe trying to do the same thing with her own golden goose, soccer.
She was a sad joke on the ESPY's last night, what a tool.
But go ahead and keep her on your political pedestal along with Colin Krapernick, whom I sure you hold in similar esteem.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Boggsy, First, an inspirational figure is one that is a role model to those who aspire to be like her. She is being watched by soccer playing schoolgirls across the country. Her frequent use of disrespectful and foul language in public settings is not inspirational. Neither is her arrogant strutting around when defeating vastly inferior teams. A little grace and humility would be far more inspirational.

As for the US men, do you really know that little about soccer? It is the most popular sport in the world by far. Half the population of the planet play or are fans. The men's game is incredibly competitive. More than 200 teams enter the qualifying rounds. Soccer is the national sport for most of these countries. Unlike the women's game, the skill level is very high across most of these teams and it is not uncommon for traditional powerhouse nations not to make it to the finals. Despite its small following, the US men have made the finals many times, the last WC being the first time they failed to qualify since 1990.

Finally, shrieks for equal pay for the women are laughable. It's a business......you pay those that produce. When FIFA set the prize money pool for the 2019 women's WC, revenue was estimated at $130 million. Prize money was $30 million........23%. The last men's WC generated over $6billion in revenue........50 times that of the women. The prize money pool was $400 million......7%. The women produce an inferior product with much smaller audience. Those are the facts. By normal business metrics either they are over-compensated or the men are under-compensated.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz--your remarks embody the old man behind a fence attitude, the young women of the country love Megan, and so do we here in Northern California. CONGRATS USA, a great accomplishment!!!!!!!

BTW - the pay argument stems from the revenue domestically. The company my wife works for actually made up the difference and paid them... And the TV ratings for US women are higher than those for the men. In terms of the men, its just sad for a great country with vast resources than we cant produce a better kickball team....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: