myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Smoking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me. In a decade, when people who smoke dope are dying like flies, there will be outrage.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
Trust me. In a decade, when people who smoke dope are dying like flies, there will be outrage.

It may take less time. Statistics show those who smoke marijuana have 10 times the damage than by one cigarette. That's why group of doctors suggest taking it as a suppository. Please DON'T pass the joint!!!
Oh and by the way, until big business latches on to the legalization of marijuana we won't see the big sales and marketing campaigns. Right now people buy it because they like it, not because some man on the TV told them so.
There may be an outrage but the people will have died happy, probably having therapy until their dying day!
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:

Never mind the long term impact on the mental health of those under the age of 25. I have yet to speak with a doctor or police officer who thinks the legalization of pot is a good thing, but the idiot Liberals are on track to legalize it here come July.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
If you don't smoke, cigarettes don't cost you anything at all.

I was a heavy smoker for over 25 years, but I quit in December 1990. To be honest, California's strict regulations meant to discourage smoking helped me make my decision. To firm up my resolve to do it, I frequently reminded myself that there is no future in continuing to smoke tobacco. It was unquestionably one of the wisest decisions I ever made.

I would think the multiple heart attacks would be a greater deterrent than some taxes. I don't need to be taxed against sticking my finger in a light socket to know that there's no positive outcome to that action. I guess, for Liberals that's the only solution to all of life's problems?
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wsurfer wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:

It may take less time. Statistics show those who smoke marijuana have 10 times the damage than by one cigarette. That's why group of doctors suggest taking it as a suppository. Please DON'T pass the joint!!!
Oh and by the way, until big business latches on to the legalization of marijuana we won't see the big sales and marketing campaigns. Right now people buy it because they like it, not because some man on the TV told them so.
There may be an outrage but the people will have died happy, probably having therapy until their dying day!

Can you send a link to that. You may have only gotten the government side of the argument. Not that I read much on it but saw studies like that 30 years ago by the government that were ripped apart by objective people.

Was that the study done with the super strains that are grown now or with the hemp rope grades? That experiment the government used samples that were so low in their THC levels that you had to smoke like a chain smoker to get the desired effect.

From what I remember of those counter objections with the newer strains one only smokes 1/? 10th or so of a cigarette , and that other deliver systems in practice in recent years virtually eliminate the by-products that were similar to the bad of tobacco that are deemed harmful.

Needless to say in Holland it has been legal there for 30 or so years. I think if there was a huge spike in any category it would be headlines. I bet still to this day the dutch have a longer life span average. and chocolate, butter, whole milk, cheese are consumed in larger per capita than probably most in the world. So if pot was bad as noted it should be reflected in huge numbers. Remeber the USA does not do research to find the good qualities, it only funds research to show it is bad, and I do not think to date they have ever been able to show horrible effects.

Ya I am pretty much in favor of vending machine/ATM distribution of many drugs with a prescription. I just heard about these a few weeks ago. I was just talking to a doctor from Vancouver and he mentioned those may be coming to Vancouver, maybe just a concept was not taking notes.

Last edited by real-human on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:

a serial compulsive ignorant liar we are to trust.....
hahahahahahaha

are the dutch dropping like flies with probably longer life spans, I know it was legal there at least 30 years ago.

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

real-human wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:

a serial compulsive ignorant liar we are to trust.....
hahahahahahaha

are the dutch dropping like flies with probably longer life spans, I know it was legal there at least 30 years ago.

You should continue to smoke dope. It's obviously been good for your health
wsurfer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

real-human wrote:
wsurfer wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:

Can you send a link to that. You may have only gotten the government side of the argument. Not that I read much on it but saw studies like that 30 years ago by the government that were ripped apart by objective people.

Was that the study done with the super strains that are grown now or with the hemp rope grades? That experiment the government used samples that were so low in their THC levels that you had to smoke like a chain smoker to get the desired effect.

From what I remember of those counter objections with the newer strains one only smokes 1/? 10th or so of a cigarette , and that other deliver systems in practice in recent years virtually eliminate the by-products that were similar to the bad of tobacco that are deemed harmful.

Needless to say in Holland it has been legal there for 30 or so years. I think if there was a huge spike in any category it would be headlines. I bet still to this day the dutch have a longer life span average. and chocolate, butter, whole milk, cheese are consumed in larger per capita than probably most in the world. So if pot was bad as noted it should be reflected in huge numbers. Remeber the USA does not do research to find the good qualities, it only funds research to show it is bad, and I do not think to date they have ever been able to show horrible effects.

Ya I am pretty much in favor of vending machine/ATM distribution of many drugs with a prescription. I just heard about these a few weeks ago. I was just talking to a doctor from Vancouver and he mentioned those may be coming to Vancouver, maybe just a concept was not taking notes.

This guy current research going.
http://profiles.ucsf.edu/matthew.springer#toc-id1

Although they've been toking for 30 years studies are just going on now.
Look how long it took to correlate tobacco health issues.
Happy reading!

https://www.livestrong.com/article/125021-differences-between-smoking-cigarettes-/

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318854.php

http://erj.ersjournals.com/content/31/2/280

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/

http://www.salaficlothing.com/marijuana-could-contribute-to-lung-cancer/
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:

Everybody who is smoking , has been smoking....Needle not moving.
Steve, you know who is dropping like flies? 62,000 last year?
OPIOD users...77 of the 82 top counties where deaths were highest were TRUMP counties...its the white killer...
I would be more concerned with OPIOD use over pot smoking....
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:

OPIOD users...77 of the 82 top counties where deaths were highest were TRUMP counties...its the white killer...

Wow, what a stretch!
Can you imagine how much more Trump would have won those counties if those, hooked on opioids, or dead because of opioids, actually voted?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: