myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Smoking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the surgery, and you're beached for arguably 6 months, particularly as an older man. In the end though, the whole effort is definitely worthwhile. There's no question about it. The hard part is getting back up to speed to pull things off and excel like you did in the past.

I wish that I could be young again.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
I had the surgery, and you're beached for arguably 6 months, particularly as an older man. In the end though, the whole effort is definitely worthwhile. There's no question about it. The hard part is getting back up to speed to pull things off and excel like you did in the past.

I wish that I could be young again.

Any specific procedure? Open repair, arthroscopic, mini-open?
My last visit he said if you don't won't to do arthroscopic now then just suck it up until it bothers too much and hopefully you won't do more damage and require open repair. That would be worst case.
Yeah, young again Smile
If only I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
I think there is just that 10%, 15%, of people who just take things to the next level no matter what, booze or drugs. Most folks can do things in moderation and never let it become a problem.

My gosh I think it is the first time I have agreed with you. ya maybe the percentages are not known.

So it is how to address this is what we disagree with. I am of the persuasion of Netherlands, and from what this doctor in BC said the vending machines for only people with a prescription. Though I believe the prescribing doctor really should be a psychologist as it is not a medical dependence.

Holland it got so bad that they made it you had to be from Holland to get pot from the "joints" that were selling pot. They got tired of the people coming just for pot trips. I think around 2012. Again pointing out they who have a higher standard of living then the US, have a longer life span than the USA, and that has increased more then the usa increase since it allowance without penalties.

Their average education level is higher than america, so I think they can figure it out quite fine if there was a resulting problem. They did with the tourists coming... and solved it you need a Dutch ID to go into the joint and have a joint of anykind.

BTW alcohol or cigarettes has to be the largest gateway drugs.

wsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

real-human wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
I think there is just that 10%, 15%, of people who just take things to the next level no matter what, booze or drugs. Most folks can do things in moderation and never let it become a problem.

My gosh I think it is the first time I have agreed with you. ya maybe the percentages are not known.

So it is how to address this is what we disagree with. I am of the persuasion of Netherlands, and from what this doctor in BC said the vending machines for only people with a prescription. Though I believe the prescribing doctor really should be a psychologist as it is not a medical dependence.

Holland it got so bad that they made it you had to be from Holland to get pot from the "joints" that were selling pot. They got tired of the people coming just for pot trips. I think around 2012. Again pointing out they who have a higher standard of living then the US, have a longer life span than the USA, and that has increased more then the usa increase since it allowance without penalties.

Their average education level is higher than america, so I think they can figure it out quite fine if there was a resulting problem. They did with the tourists coming... and solved it you need a Dutch ID to go into the joint and have a joint of anykind.

The largest gateway drug is religion. The opiate of the people Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The repair work that I had done was arthroscopic. How I got the problem is unclear, but I'm sure that it was related to a windsurfing injury getting pitched into the sail and mast. Sometimes we take take a hit in a wipeout, but we walk away and shake it off. It's only later that the results come back to haunt us.

I will say this though, I originally had a problem with my right shoulder and considered surgery, but went through a long wait period hoping that things would improve. Surprisingly my right shoulder came around, but then my left shoulder developed a significant problem later that year. Ultimately, it became so difficult and painful enough to get the surgery. Again, I'm glad I did it, and I'm now pain free in that shoulder. I only hope that my right shoulder doesn't come back and cause a problem in the future.

One of my primary problems relates to bone spurs developed from many years of surfing. With that kind of weak point, I'm of the mind that any shoulder impacts into the future only exacerbates the potential damage.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wsurfer wrote:
real-human wrote:
mat-ty wrote:

The largest gateway drug is religion. The opiate of the people Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You should go to church a few times before you spout nonsense
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
wsurfer wrote:
real-human wrote:
mat-ty wrote:

malibuBarfie more puke coming through your disgusting mouth...

Obviously you do not otherwise lightning would have struck you down or you will be going to hell when you dies, you spout lies and hatred and condone rapist, molesters, and pedophiles as well as condone people who would lie with their friends and neighbors wives... asumming you are not walking dead no chuch that practiced what they preached would allow you in their doors. ...

wsurfer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
wsurfer wrote:
real-human wrote:
mat-ty wrote:

I just happen to prefer going in private.
I was fortunate early on when my high school theology teacher (A Friar) took us to synagogues, mosques, temples, prayer meetings etc. to see how others honor their God. He taught us respect, tolerance, kindness and forgiveness.
A true brother!
wsurfer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
The repair work that I had done was arthroscopic. How I got the problem is unclear, but I'm sure that it was related to a windsurfing injury getting pitched into the sail and mast. Sometimes we take take a hit in a wipeout, but we walk away and shake it off. It's only later that the results come back to haunt us.

I will say this though, I originally had a problem with my right shoulder and considered surgery, but went through a long wait period hoping that things would improve. Surprisingly my right shoulder came around, but then my left shoulder developed a significant problem later that year. Ultimately, it became so difficult and painful enough to get the surgery. Again, I'm glad I did it, and I'm now pain free in that shoulder. I only hope that my right shoulder doesn't come back and cause a problem in the future.

One of my primary problems relates to bone spurs developed from many years of surfing. With that kind of weak point, I'm of the mind that any shoulder impacts into the future only exacerbates the potential damage.

Thanks for the details. Will need to choose a window that I can get it scheduled, right now I just feel like Ricardo Montalban Exclamation Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: