myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Let's Bring Guns into Schools
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mac wrote:
nw30 wrote:
wsurfer wrote:
nw30 wrote:
"Please discuss amongst yourselves", I can't handle my own flame thread.

Dude I really don't think you have a grasp on reality. I already know the deal so I thought I would give others a chance to view their opinions.
Pretty simple really when you think about it!

Nothing simple about it, this issue has become totally tribal, whatever changes are made, many people with their tribal attitudes will be totally pissed.
Compromise to everyone's satisfaction, on this issue, will be impossible.
"Grasp" that "reality".

Finally, I agree with NW. But I must point out, there is no Constitutional right to an A-15. And the kids are coming, armed with more outrage than Trump.

I don't agree...I haven't heard one legitimate solution or idea to keep us safer from the Republicans...And I'm up for anything. If Drumpf thinks putting a Glock in the back pocket of my sons' 97 pound 70 year old Science teacher from Brooklyn, then let Granny pack heat!! I'm sure the kids will love it.

Holy crap that is so far outside the ballpark of what anyone is proposing, it's no wonder that you would disagree if that's what you truly believe. You are relying on some pretty far left sources, taking you to some very strange places.

Did the president not say he would like to arm teachers?
NW...you really need to develop a little bit of a sense of humor...I used a little satire to lampoon a truly horrible idea..
I think armed security is a better idea than actually letting educators pack heat...
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassman wrote:
I support any new gun control laws that would prohibit the sale of any firearm to a liberal.

But they will just run you over in their Forester. Laughing Laughing
mac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brave? Bone spur man?

Quote:
President Trump’s assertion that he would have run toward the Parkland, Fla., gunman had he been near the school would have been a bold claim for just about anybody to make.

“I really believe I’d run in, even if I didn’t have a weapon,” he said during a meeting at the White House on Monday.

Trump has no background in law enforcement or the military, and the boastful nature of the statement — the president was nowhere near the shooting when it occurred — immediately raised questions about his intent.

And given Trump’s public track record in the face of proximate danger, his words instead ended up underscoring a separate truth: His actions have, at times, read differently than his tough talk.

Spooked at a rally

The most frightened that Trump has ever seemed in public was perhaps a moment during a campaign rally in Dayton, Ohio, in March 2016.

The then-candidate was in the midst of speaking about manufacturing, when a man hopped the barrier behind him and rushed the stage. Trump stopped speaking, looked nervously behind him and grabbed and started to duck behind his lectern.

He was then swarmed by Secret Service agents, who steadied him.

Trump continued his speech after the disruption, and gave the audience a thumbs-up, claiming that he could have handled the attacker himself, despite his first reaction.

“I was ready for him,” Trump said, “but it’s much easier if the cops do it.”

A Secret Service agent suffered a minor injury in the episode, and the suspect, whom police identified as Thomas Dimassimo, was arrested and charged with two misdemeanors.

The moment was later immortalized in a doctored video in which a seated Sen. Bernie Sanders yelling “boo” was edited into the frame the moment before Trump was spooked.

Later that year at another rally, Trump was hustled off a stage in Nevada, after the someone in the audience yelled “gun.” No weapon was found.

An eagle named Uncle Sam

In 2015, Trump was beaten out by German Chancellor Angela Merkel for Time magazine’s Person of the Year. But as a runner-up (the magazine said he was third, behind Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi), he was still given a write-up and photo shoot for the magazine.

Time paired him with a 27-year-old bald eagle named Uncle Sam during the shoot, but the bird didn’t want to stay still, flapping its wings so hard it blew Trump's hair as it sat on his gloved hand. And in the midst of a separate pose that photographers arranged with Trump at his desk and the bird perched beside him, Uncle Sam lunged at Trump as he went to grab something near its feet.

Trump quickly shrank away from the bird, recoiling so far that he nearly fell out of the camera frame.

All of these things are on tape at https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/02/26/trump-said-he-would-charge-a-gunman-heres-what-hes-actually-done-in-the-face-of-danger/?undefined=&utm_term=.2c45a91a9d84&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1
mac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Government by incompetence and insult is taking its toll.

Quote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2018/02/21/votersare-running-out-of-patience/?utm_term=.9fb13cfbdbd6

Based on the latest Quinnipiac poll, if you had to sum up the electorate’s mood in one word, you might say “frustrated.”

Unlike The Post-ABC poll, the latest Quinnipiac poll suggests a big jump in support for new gun laws:

...American voters support stricter gun laws 66-31 percent, the highest level of support ever measured by the independent Quinnipiac University National Poll, with 50-44 percent support among gun owners and 62-35 percent support from white voters with no college degree and 58-38 percent support among w…

That includes support for a ban on the sale assault weapons (67 percent to 29 percent) and a mandatory waiting period (83 percent to 14 percent) for all gun purchases. Unlike the National Rifle Association, voters say that if more people had guns we’d be less safe (59 percent to 33 percent) and want Congress to do more to reduce gun violence (75 percent to 17 percent). Seventy percent of Americans correctly say that “mass killings by U.S. citizens is a bigger problem than mass killings by people from other countries.”
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Brave? Bone spur man?

Quote:
President Trump’s assertion that he would have run toward the Parkland, Fla., gunman had he been near the school would have been a bold claim for just about anybody to make.

“I really believe I’d run in, even if I didn’t have a weapon,” he said during a meeting at the White House on Monday.

Trump has no background in law enforcement or the military, and the boastful nature of the statement — the president was nowhere near the shooting when it occurred — immediately raised questions about his intent.

And given Trump’s public track record in the face of proximate danger, his words instead ended up underscoring a separate truth: His actions have, at times, read differently than his tough talk.

Spooked at a rally

The most frightened that Trump has ever seemed in public was perhaps a moment during a campaign rally in Dayton, Ohio, in March 2016.

The then-candidate was in the midst of speaking about manufacturing, when a man hopped the barrier behind him and rushed the stage. Trump stopped speaking, looked nervously behind him and grabbed and started to duck behind his lectern.

He was then swarmed by Secret Service agents, who steadied him.

Trump continued his speech after the disruption, and gave the audience a thumbs-up, claiming that he could have handled the attacker himself, despite his first reaction.

“I was ready for him,” Trump said, “but it’s much easier if the cops do it.”

A Secret Service agent suffered a minor injury in the episode, and the suspect, whom police identified as Thomas Dimassimo, was arrested and charged with two misdemeanors.

The moment was later immortalized in a doctored video in which a seated Sen. Bernie Sanders yelling “boo” was edited into the frame the moment before Trump was spooked.

Later that year at another rally, Trump was hustled off a stage in Nevada, after the someone in the audience yelled “gun.” No weapon was found.

An eagle named Uncle Sam

In 2015, Trump was beaten out by German Chancellor Angela Merkel for Time magazine’s Person of the Year. But as a runner-up (the magazine said he was third, behind Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi), he was still given a write-up and photo shoot for the magazine.

Time paired him with a 27-year-old bald eagle named Uncle Sam during the shoot, but the bird didn’t want to stay still, flapping its wings so hard it blew Trump's hair as it sat on his gloved hand. And in the midst of a separate pose that photographers arranged with Trump at his desk and the bird perched beside him, Uncle Sam lunged at Trump as he went to grab something near its feet.

Trump quickly shrank away from the bird, recoiling so far that he nearly fell out of the camera frame.

All of these things are on tape at https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/02/26/trump-said-he-would-charge-a-gunman-heres-what-hes-actually-done-in-the-face-of-danger/?undefined=&utm_term=.2c45a91a9d84&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

Poor old Mac spending his days reading and posting non-sense articles from like minded liberal retards. Pathetic !!!!
mac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Matty, convinced that Trump would do anything at all to help working people in fly-over land. He ignores the trillions he has given away to oligarch's and giant corporations, and the pennies that have trickled back down.

So do you believe that Trump would have walked into the school buildings, not knowing where the shooting was coming from, without appropriate armor and weaponry? Does that belief sit well with your belief in Santa Claus and tooth fairy?
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:

NW...you really need to develop a little bit of a sense of humor...I used a little satire to lampoon a truly horrible idea..
I think armed security is a better idea than actually letting educators pack heat...

He only mentioned it as a possible idea, and you took it as his prescribed plan.
Humor after 17 kids are killed?
I'll leave the humor over this to you, the WaPo, and other heartless types,,,,, time and place, think about it sometime.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

He only mentioned it as a possible idea, and you took it as his prescribed plan.
Humor after 17 kids are killed?
I'll leave the humor over this to you, the WaPo, and other heartless types,,,,, time and place, think about it sometime.

Now you're going Laura Ingraham on me, congratulations. Humor, to make fun of a despicable person, the President. In 14 months , 3 of the top 10 worst mass shootings in our history have occurred, and the bs'er in chief has not shown any leadership(did you see the cue card with #5, "I hear you), and the one possible solution he offered up is preposterous. The Republicans hold all the cards here, lets see them lead on this tragic subject....
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Poor Matty, convinced that Trump would do anything at all to help working people in fly-over land. He ignores the trillions he has given away to oligarch's and giant corporations, and the pennies that have trickled back down.

So do you believe that Trump would have walked into the school buildings, not knowing where the shooting was coming from, without appropriate armor and weaponry? Does that belief sit well with your belief in Santa Claus and tooth fairy?

What I think is it's a non-story that only appeals to deranged Trump haters.
I think there are many people who would have gone in, I don't know if Trump would have and EITHER DO YOU!!
mac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:

What I think is it's a non-story that only appeals to deranged Trump haters.
I think there are many people who would have gone in, I don't know if Trump would have and EITHER DO YOU!!

That word you were searching for is “neither.” David Frumm—a conservative with a conscience—has your number. “Trump is loserdom embraced. Trump is the loser who has won.” It’s why you love him.

By the way, I know a bit about myself. I have broken up quite a number of fights. As a big man, I never worried that much—until the time the guy on the bottom came up with a knife. Makes you think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: