myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Let's Start a Trade War
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty, you sound like a guy with no skin in the game, which is precisely Drump's calculation. Personally, I'd like to make money in the markets. For the umpteenth time, please articulate a "better deal".....Neither you or your Dear Leader has been able to do that, which is part of the problem.

the emergence of China , and the benefit of having China as our #2 trade partner has created insane wealth in this country and killed inflation. I am well aware of the negatives so rather than point them out with your Drumpian talking points, please articulate a "better deal"...
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Matty, you sound like a guy with no skin in the game, which is precisely Drump's calculation. Personally, I'd like to make money in the markets. For the umpteenth time, please articulate a "better deal".....Neither you or your Dear Leader has been able to do that, which is part of the problem.

the emergence of China , and the benefit of having China as our #2 trade partner has created insane wealth in this country and killed inflation. I am well aware of the negatives so rather than point them out with your Drumpian talking points, please articulate a "better deal"...

You just seem blind to the fact that it's not going to stay that way if we don't put a stop tho their bad behavior...

And there is intense negotiating going on as we speak... Trump has said to expect some good news shortly...we will see what happens, in the mean time I'm sure you will survive just fine..
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty...please articulate what you think will constitute a better deal. In my view, with all the warts, the last 25 years have been a boom for the US. I have zero confidence in Trump, he's done zero deals in his two years with trading partners...
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Matty...please articulate what you think will constitute a better deal. In my view, with all the warts, the last 25 years have been a boom for the US. I have zero confidence in Trump, he's done zero deals in his two years with trading partners...

Canada and Mexico???? zero deals ??

You prefer pallets of cash on the tarmac.....that's a great deal in your world.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Canada and Mexico???? zero deals ??

You prefer pallets of cash on the tarmac.....that's a great deal in your world.

The new NAFTA has a 40% of seeing the light of day, and the nuanced difference with NAFTA is insignificant. Do you really think we should demand that GM not manufacture in Mexico? Is this the Soprano's?
Let me ask for a 9th time. Please articulate what constitutes a "better deal"? Please.

That wasn't a deal, rather a debt owed. Please don't divert.. I actually am a fan of the TPP, which Drumpf says he hates, but is attempting to replicate many of its details...
mac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-04/evidence-grows-that-trump-s-trade-wars-are-hitting-u-s-economy

Tariff’s costing 43 billion a month. Lock him up.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://news.yahoo.com/february-jobs-report-weakest-30-221552874.html

February Jobs Report Weakest in 30 Months

https://www.msnbc.com/am-joy/watch/gm-shutters-major-plant-1-700-jobs-impacted-1455095363634

GM shutters major plant, 1,700 jobs impacted

Quote:

Donald Trump made a lot of promises to American manufacturing workers during his campaign. This week General Motors closed the last plant that manufactures the Chevy Cruze. Joy Reid and her panel discuss America’s changing economic landscape.

GM shutters major plant, 1,700 jobs impacted
Quote:
Donald Trump made a lot of promises to American manufacturing workers during his campaign. This week General Motors closed the last plant that manufactures the Chevy Cruze. Joy Reid and her panel discuss America’s changing economic landscape.

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump White House struggles to spin discouraging jobs news
By Steve Benen 03/11/19 08:00AM
Quote:

May 2016 was the single worst month for the U.S. job market since the economic recovery began in 2010. The good news, though we didn't know it at the time, was that May 2016 was something of a fluke: the economy bounced immediately, creating 282,000 jobs in June 2016 and 336,000 in July 2016 -- the best back-to-back totals since 2012.

But when the initial tally was released, in the midst of a competitive presidential campaign, it became immediate fodder for Barack Obama's critics. A Republican candidate by the name of Donald Trump wrote on Twitter, "A massive blow to Obama's message -- only 38,000 new jobs for month in just issued jobs report. That's REALLY bad!"

Larry Kudlow, years before he began serving as director of the National Economic Council in Trump's White House, wrote a piece for National Review at the time, arguing that the weak monthly job totals in May 2016 suggested "a business recession looms." Kudlow acknowledged in his piece, "A lot of investors and economists are making the case that this was a weird, one-off, statistical glitch, and that stronger employment is on the way." He made the case that those investors and economists may very well be wrong -- because "trouble" was on the way.

With the benefit of hindsight, we know Trump and Kudlow were wrong. The one-time hiccup wasn't a precursor to a recession; the job market immediately improved; and the unemployment rate continued to fall.

Nearly three years later, however, Trump, Kudlow, and their team have been forced to confront a similarly disappointing jobs report: as we learned on Friday, the official tally for jobs created in February 2019 was just 20,000. Asked about the employment report on Fox News yesterday, Kudlow did his best to shrug it off.

"Well, let me say on that number on Friday, the payroll numbers from the establishment survey was only 20,000 -- a very fluky number. It has a lot to do with the government shutdown and the timing of jobs."

Oh. So when the economy creates 38,000 jobs in a month under Obama, it's evidence of a looming recession, but when the economy creates 20,000 jobs in a month under Trump, it's "fluky"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: