myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Let's Start a Trade War
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
My original question is now that the SCOTUS has spoken, can a Venezuelan baseball player come to the US to play in MLB?

Who cares! Baseball sucks.

I am an obsessed baseball dad...as is my friend in Malibu. When you're the dad of one of the top 13yo pitchers in a baseball hotbed, you tend to care....

Take care of his arm, I remember reading stories about how young pitchers who aren't fully grown yet, have arm problems later in life, especially if they have a strong fastball. It could shorten his playing days.

NW..its a huge issue, I agree...always worried about it... Seeing lots of kids who've already had TJ surgery, or Labrum repairs.... He's not a hard thrower..
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
My original question is now that the SCOTUS has spoken, can a Venezuelan baseball player come to the US to play in MLB?

I am an obsessed baseball dad...as is my friend in Malibu. When you're the dad of one of the top 13yo pitchers in a baseball hotbed, you tend to care....

Take care of his arm, I remember reading stories about how young pitchers who aren't fully grown yet, have arm problems later in life, especially if they have a strong fastball. It could shorten his playing days.

NW..its a huge issue, I agree...always worried about it... Seeing lots of kids who've already had TJ surgery, or Labrum repairs.... He's not a hard thrower..

Stretch and then stretch more.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to topic. Trump is in so far over his head it is SAD! And his advisors, like Ross, are corrupt, incompetent fools. The laziest POTUS ever.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/china-eu-to-form-group-to-modernize-global-trade-rules/2018/06/25/1aee0ab4-786c-11e8-ac4e-421ef7165923_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9d2612173f87
wsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

And so do your training wheels!!!
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nail-manufacturer-mid-continent-tariffs-trump_us_5b331858e4b0b5e692f26a0e

Largest U.S. Nail Manufacturer Could Soon Be Out Of Business Because Of Trump Tariffs
Missouri’s Mid-Continent Nail Corporation says it’s already laid off dozens of workers and could shutter its doors by Labor Day.

Quote:
A nail manufacturer in the heart of Trump country says that tariffs from President Donald Trump’s escalating trade conflict are putting its business at risk.

The Mid-Continent Nail Corporation in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, said this week that it had recently laid off 60 of its 500 workers because of the hefty 25 percent tariff that the administration has slapped on steel imports from Mexico and Canada.

Mid-Continent, described as the largest nail manufacturer in the United States, had been importing Mexican steel to turn into nails state-side. The company, which was started in 1987 by two local brothers, said sales plummeted by 50 percent in just two weeks after it raised prices to cope with the elevated steel costs.

Mid-Continent spokesman James Glassman told CNN that the company is now “on the brink of extinction” unless the Commerce Department grants its request for a tariff exclusion.

As things currently stand, Glassman said the firm could shutter its doors as early as Labor Day. Another option on the table is relocating to Mexico, he said.

wsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A report that Donald Trump is looking to walk away from the World Trade Organisation and instead adopt a United States Fair and Reciprocal Tariff Act, or Fart Act, has been greeted with loud amusement on Twitter.

He's a pretty fart smeller, I mean smart fella!!!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump is following in the footsteps of the great Herbert Hoover, and Mr. Smoot, and Mr. Hawley. Oil is spiking and so is inflation, and the markets are reacting.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Trump is following in the footsteps of the great Herbert Hoover, and Mr. Smoot, and Mr. Hawley. Oil is spiking and so is inflation, and the markets are reacting.

Thankfully the 800 pound gorilla wears red , white and blue. Of course the world is going to kick and scream, didn't you when you were ripped of the tit???
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Thankfully the 800 pound gorilla wears red , white and blue. Of course the world is going to kick and scream, didn't you when you were ripped of the tit???

I know you're not a student of financial history, but tariffs, or LARGE taxes, are never successful... Since when do you like taxes?
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like fair deals.. if we are getting taken advantage of like with NATO. It may be time to look at things a little closer..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 9 of 22

Jump to: