myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Surely.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
I am glad that GT brought this up.

This forum has degenerated to the point it is far less about sharing information and ideas and more of a venue for putting other people down.

There are only a couple of posters, I'm not one of them, who have not fallen into posting designed only to piss off another poster. Sometimes outright insults, sometimes subtle innuendo, and sometimes provocative language (racial slurs etc) all used with little value to making an argument.

There was a time when I first joined this forum where Mac, SWC, Mrgybe, GT, Boggsman, LHDR, Feuser and several others would provide informed posts with back up sources. I would have to do my homework to reply to the posts. Frankly, I learned a lot.

It has been a long time since I've learned anything on this forum except for some of Mac's posts when he isn't trading insults with NW or Mrgybe. I now read this forum, mostly, for a bit of that information and GT's eloquent musings. I, mostly, ignore several of the posters these days. My version of plonking I guess.

GT. I agree that sometimes things just exceed their sell by date.

Too funny, I bring up a thread from 2010 maddy started and it shows that how uncivilized this forum was back then. Again before I was even a member of the i-wingsurf forum... No sharing of information and virtually no links to information. Hmmm someone needs to buy a clue...

Here is one of your 2010 clips on that thread of maddies on page 4... Note you had just joined the year before... Can you give us again your recollection of the old days....

Quote:
coboardhead

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010 03:44 Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not feeling a lot of love on this forum.

Quick, someone tell some story about a disrespectful kiter to get us all warm again!

cgoudie1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe CB, but how's your coherent light ;*)

-Craig

p.s. there's actually a little snow over here now.

coboardhead wrote:
Craig

Troll post! I know where you live!
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig

I did ski Alta and Snowbird on Wed and Thur of last week. Some freshies. Brand new skis...High Rustler and the Chutes below the Tram took their toll. Everyone is so powder hungry. That 30 inch snow got tracked up fast.
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Something we can all agree on for a change. Dean is a paid troll! Shocked
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 feet in the last two weeks here...Sugarloaf this weekend

https://vimeo.com/258843907
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
Let’s be real. When I found this forum, Isobars was the bully that ruled the roost, shouting down anyone who disagreed. All caps, insults. When challenged about his fact free postings, he responded with threats and “plonking.” He was joined by other far right wing nuts like Yeehah, the guy that used crossed A-15’s as an avatar. As Isobars got sick, Matty stepped up and bragged that he would rather be a bigot than a liberal. Even more insults and slurs.

There is a real difference between the left and the right. Several of us who agree with some of “real-human/Baja”’s perspective have asked him to tone it down. I challenge anyone on the right to show they have made the same request to Isobars, Yeehah, or Matty. Even NP, who is not all that far right and not that unreasonable delights in poking a needle in Baja but gives Matty a pass. Even Techno, who is almost always polite hasn’t called out the whacky far right.

The right wing has jerked political discourse far to the right, largely using bullying and voter intimidation. I refuse to be bullied. And I find it laughable that you righties can dish it out—but then whine about being victims when it comes flying back. Grow up and act politely so you can ask for the same—or grow a pair.

The most hilarious post I have ever read. Not the criticism of myself (mostly deserved). It's Macs opinion of himself that is downright comical.
Mac in case you don't know, you are by far the nastiest, most condescending, egotistical dink I have ever encounted. I am not saying that because of the way you treat me, but the way you have treated others who did not deserve your wrath and full throated hatred.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Heh, you noticed that also.
I've always considered it the mac and Dean show.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
Let’s be real. When I found this forum, Isobars was the bully that ruled the roost, shouting down anyone who disagreed. All caps, insults. When challenged about his fact free postings, he responded with threats and “plonking.” He was joined by other far right wing nuts like Yeehah, the guy that used crossed A-15’s as an avatar. As Isobars got sick, Matty stepped up and bragged that he would rather be a bigot than a liberal. Even more insults and slurs.

There is a real difference between the left and the right. Several of us who agree with some of “real-human/Baja”’s perspective have asked him to tone it down. I challenge anyone on the right to show they have made the same request to Isobars, Yeehah, or Matty. Even NP, who is not all that far right and not that unreasonable delights in poking a needle in Baja but gives Matty a pass. Even Techno, who is almost always polite hasn’t called out the whacky far right.

The right wing has jerked political discourse far to the right, largely using bullying and voter intimidation. I refuse to be bullied. And I find it laughable that you righties can dish it out—but then whine about being victims when it comes flying back. Grow up and act politely so you can ask for the same—or grow a pair.

The most hilarious post I have ever read. Not the criticism of myself (mostly deserved). It's Macs opinion of himself that is downright comical.
Mac in case you don't know, you are by far the nastiest, most condescending, egotistical dink I have ever encounted. I am not saying that because of the way you treat me, but the way you have treated others who did not deserve your wrath and full throated hatred.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Heh, you noticed that also.
I've always considered it the mac and xxx show.

before I was here seems it was the iso show... or as I called him Issil. By the time I was here he actually had changed (so the examples of a thread where we saw the shrink swindler giving out his advice and others seemed to have worked. Because as I got here and I found he was not insulting, but he was just plain stupid. A clear and present danger to america if he was not peeling potatoes in the military which was the only thing he was qualified for from what I saw.

seems wsurfer is kicking in quit a bit if you notice I do not post other than the straight updates of for example trump rape and molesting, criminals russians and so on as much he got some good style and points to. He is far more aggressive and I love it. He did not take crap from the get-go. Hey I even disagreed with him on the legalization/damage of pot. He did not hold back there either. I know you guys hate updates on the facts coming out.... again I probably post 30 links to your one as a norm.

and I have to say Mac is giving you idiots both barrels now. I think with trump in office people see how horrible the USA as a member of the world is. again in rape right wingers trust...

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassman wrote:
WOW Something we can all agree on for a change. xxx is a paid troll! Shocked

troll post...

Nope, one thing we can agree on is you are a liar and dumber than a rock.

come on show me where I have ever been so wrong on what I post. I and everyone destroy your lies all the time. You and the other right wingers just can not handle the truth so you troll... or you McVeigh, does the truth hurt? hahahahah I won....

GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't think either of us will need to worry about Marsquakes, or Moonquakes Craig. (Extra custard powder thickening notwithstanding.) We're both too old aren't we, grand dad! but happy Gorge shrredding this season anyway. And Cobo, stop deliberately head butting trees. (what have they done to you to deserve such treatment?) You may enjoy it, but I bet the bike doesn't.

A sad fact is that the older we get, the less time (and energy) we have at our disposal to fritter away on non productive nonsense. I had a cancer removal op 6 years ago (so far so good) and clocked up 80 last November, and, as a kiting buddy (mere late 50's) tartly said recently, 'You're not immortal you know!'

So I've belatedly decluttered my mind today (long bike do, and chunter to myself) and decided that the internet increasingly steals away time and energy for no profound reason I can think of, when the preference ought to be on real experiences. (I hate virtual reality, and Googled substitute for proper knowledge of life.)

So cheers folks. Determined to have a bumper year, to make the most of what's left.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT

Good for you! I left behind most all of the internet clutter for 6 weeks in Baja this year (poor internet connection). It was great. It is so easy to get sucked back in though.

I, too am off for awhile. I'm in my hyper work/play season and time is going to get very rare in about a week as projects start to come on line and the trails dry out.

Best to you. You are an inspiration to us youngsters (60 next year here).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: