myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apology for passing on reported tax proposal news from California? Good luck with that.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still chewing I see.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crime has been dropping in this country for years. Trump probably knows that, but the average Fox watcher does not. California sets a new low.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who love to bash California, here's wallet hubs ranking of the worst education systems in the country. Spoiler alert--California is far from the worst.

https://explore.faqtoids.com/us-states-ranked-from-least-to-most-educated/22?utm_subid=4218689&utm_adset=1095924&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=crfb&utm_campaign=756379&utm_referrer=acct024&fbclid=IwAR1L5d9y3u7kWsLfUjdAL7KKXeJZUW57RQR7djwLUby7GrRoyz5FvJXDRb4
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
many reasonable people who once added interest to these discussions have long since abandoned, and moved on while many who remain rarely bother to add much nowadays. Perhaps they feel it's all too toxic?

Thanks for your observation, and toxic for sure ... plus childish, nonsensical, persuasive (the far left here convinced me decades ago to vote almost 100% Republican even though I'm not a registered Republican), uninformed, angry, non-thinking, libelous, slanderous, amoral, immoral, anti-religious (I'm not anti-religious; just uninterested), dismissive of the Constitution, divisive, disgusting, bitter, corrupt, deceitful, controlling, race-baiting, so unlike anyone I had ever met before Wardog in the '90s, so totally unembarrassed and unapologetic for all the above. I have more respect for the GD scammers who phone my home 10 times a day (8 or 9 already today, and it's only 1:17) and bankrupt little old ladies by the billions of dollars. I'd be horrified if I had loved ones likely to live in the type of society these people manifest and support. If I had kids, they would not be allowed near this forum in my absence ... and that's until they were 70 years old.

How's that for toxicity? Twisted Evil

My GOD, but I sleep better and laugh more without these so-called "people" in my life or on my screen. Dubya said it best: "Libel me once, shame on you. Libel me twice, it's ... uh ... not my fault, or it's shameless ... or something like that." Sad
vientomas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion of you Isoangry:

isobars wrote:
toxic, stupid, childish, nonsensical, uninformed, angry, non-thinking, libelous, slanderous, amoral, immoral, dismissive of the Constitution, divisive, disgusting, bitter, corrupt, deceitful, controlling, race-baiting, so unlike anyone I had ever met, so totally unembarrassed and unapologetic for all the above. I am horrified that I have loved ones who live in the type of society you manifest and support.

Ya get what ya give my friend.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
many reasonable people who once added interest to these discussions have long since abandoned, and moved on while many who remain rarely bother to add much nowadays. Perhaps they feel it's all too toxic?

Thanks for your observation, and toxic for sure ... plus childish, nonsensical, persuasive (the far left here convinced me decades ago to vote almost 100% Republican even though I'm not a registered Republican), uninformed, angry, non-thinking, libelous, slanderous, amoral, immoral, anti-religious (I'm not anti-religious; just uninterested), dismissive of the Constitution, divisive, disgusting, bitter, corrupt, deceitful, controlling, race-baiting, so unlike anyone I had ever met before Wardog in the '90s, so totally unembarrassed and unapologetic for all the above. I have more respect for the GD scammers who phone my home 10 times a day (8 or 9 already today, and it's only 1:17) and bankrupt little old ladies by the billions of dollars. I'd be horrified if I had loved ones likely to live in the type of society these people manifest and support. If I had kids, they would not be allowed near this forum in my absence ... and that's until they were 70 years old.

How's that for toxicity? Twisted Evil

My GOD, but I sleep better and laugh more without these so-called "people" in my life or on my screen. Dubya said it best: "Libel me once, shame on you. Libel me twice, it's ... uh ... not my fault, or it's shameless ... or something like that." Sad

I don't think anyone here could have described you and your 20 years of contributions better than you, yourself!!! Well Done ...
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you hadn't heard.............

Quote:
Murderers, rapists got unemployment money in massive $1 billion California taxpayer fraud

Inmates at California’s prisons and jails have filed hundreds of millions of dollars worth of fraudulent claims since the pandemic arrived, Sacramento County District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert said Tuesday.

Investigators are still tallying totals after learning of a widespread scheme in September, but the amount of fraudulent claims the state has paid could reach $1 billion, Schubert said in a news conference in Sacramento.

“It is perhaps, and will be, one of the biggest fraud(s) of taxpayer dollars in California history,” she said.

Just from March through August, 35,000 claims were filed in the name of inmates at state prisons, she said. About 20,000 of those claims have been paid, she said, amounting to $140 million in fraudulent payments.

The highest amount paid was about $49,000, and one inmate filed 16 claims, she said.

Those involved have filed claims under addresses in California, other states and even other countries, Schubert said. In some cases, the addresses used for claims were California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation prisons, she said. Some used false names and some used true names.

Murderers, rapists, child molesters and death row inmates have been among the claimants.

“It exists in every CDCR prison, it encompasses every type of inmate,” she said.

Wes Venteicher and David Lightman, The Sacramento Bee

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/murderers-rapists-got-unemployment-money-in-massive-241-billion-california-taxpayer-fraud/ar-BB1bm1Jl?ocid=uxbndlbing
mac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything you can do, I can do better. I can do anything better than you:

Quote:
Some 80 million pigs live on farms in the United States at any given time in 2020. The total number slaughtered in a year is even higher, as pigs are typically killed at 6 to 8 months of age. In 2019, nearly 130 million pigs were slaughtered.

To slaughter that many pigs in a year, we need a highly industrialized system. And indeed, that’s the food system we’ve created: 98.3 percent of those pigs live on CAFOs, or concentrated animal feeding operations. When you hear the phrase “factory farming” and imagine large industrial operations where a whole lot of animals are killed and processed, CAFOs are what you’re thinking of.

Large CAFOs as a model have major, negative ramifications for the welfare of animals that these facilities house. They rely on intensive confinement practices like, for instance, gestation crating, which involves confining mother pigs to fenced-in areas barely larger than their bodies, where they also lack the room to turn around. Ian Duncan, an eminent scholar of animal welfare at the University of Guelph, has described it as “one of the cruelest forms of confinement devised by humankind.”

But they have major negative ramifications for residents of towns where these CAFOs are located, too. That’s because pigs produce 8 to 10 times as much fecal matter on a daily basis as humans. When you look at a hog-farming state with lots of CAFOs like North Carolina, that adds up. A 2008 Government Accountability Office study looking at just five counties in North Carolina estimated that their CAFOs produced 15.5 million tons of pig manure every year.

Where does this manure — not to mention pig urine, as well — go? Into the air, largely. North Carolina farms typically use what’s called a “lagoon and sprayfield” system in which animal waste is stored in massive, open vats. It’s then sprayed back into the air to fertilize crops. That’s a way to save money for farmers.

15 and a half tons of pig manure, sitting in unlined ponds.

Theft is a terrible thing, even in a world accustomed to Trump’s crimes. Before you get too cocky—you might have not noticed that the larceny rate in North Carolina is higher than in California. https://www.statista.com/statistics/232583/larceny-theft-rate-in-the-us-by-state/
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
For those who love to bash California, here's wallet hubs ranking of the worst education systems in the country. Spoiler alert--California is far from the worst.

https://explore.faqtoids.com/us-states-ranked-from-least-to-most-educated/22?utm_subid=4218689&utm_adset=1095924&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=crfb&utm_campaign=756379&utm_referrer=acct024&fbclid=IwAR1L5d9y3u7kWsLfUjdAL7KKXeJZUW57RQR7djwLUby7GrRoyz5FvJXDRb4
Big woop when you consider how far down the current bar is set for this entire country.
There is nothing to brag about here.
I'd even go so far to say that higher education is even worse, cranking out students that now major in political activism.
That's how "changing America" as Schumer has said recently, gets started.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 107 of 205

Jump to: