myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Don't care about those 700 cities, this is about Ca., my home state that I've been watching fall apart under it's own misguided state government.
Unlike you, and your life in the silicon bubble, there are many Californians that are really pissed off with what they've/we've been witnessing, mostly over the last decade.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-sanctuary-state-flght-20180319-story.html

I respect your perspective, but I've been here 29 years....And I disagree 100%...
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
Don't care about those 700 cities, this is about Ca., my home state that I've been watching fall apart under it's own misguided state government.
Unlike you, and your life in the silicon bubble, there are many Californians that are really pissed off with what they've/we've been witnessing, mostly over the last decade.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-sanctuary-state-flght-20180319-story.html

I respect your perspective, but I've been here 29 years....And I disagree 100%...

Cool, 29 years, wow, that would make me 39 when you moved here, but good luck with your desires of having no boarders, never going to happen.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:

Cool, 29 years, wow, that would make me 39 when you moved here, but good luck with your desires of having no boarders, never going to happen.

I only referenced my time here because it is a meaningful percentage of my life, and I've seen a lot. But you seem to be king of the Curmudgeons, so keep complaining.....
BTW- please sober up and translate the last part of your post. When did I say I wanted "open boarders(borders?)" are we talking snow boarders? or people eating on my property?
All my old geezer Republican friends are complaining about CA, and many are leaving...you should probably join them....
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are all in favor of Ca. being a sanctuary state, then what else is there to conclude? And how about just following exisisting law, do you like the concept of picking and choosing which laws you prefer? There are serious consequensis to that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/20/illegal-immigrants-who-dodged-california-ice-raid-after-dem-mayors-tip-off-re-arrested-for-new-crimes.html

The republicans that are leaving for political reasons are pussies.
But not everybody who is leaving fit into that category.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/19/californians-fed-up-with-housing-costs-and-taxes-are-fleeing-state.html

And you suggest that I'm the one who should leave, that's a riot!
I prefer to stick around and support what's right.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realz
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW...just as you are sick of whatever went wrong in your home state, I’m sick of people complaining about her. Everyday I wake up I pinch myself, can’t believe how nice this place is.. If I quit my job tomorrow and travelled the state , it would take me 10 years to see everything...
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
NW...just as you are sick of whatever went wrong in your home state, I’m sick of people complaining about her. Everyday I wake up I pinch myself, can’t believe how nice this place is.. If I quit my job tomorrow and travelled the state , it would take me 10 years to see everything...

Yeah, you haven't even sailed Malibu...on a big swell.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:

And that's exactly why people are so upset. One of the greatest places on earth being turned into a social disaster.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

And that's exactly why people are so upset. One of the greatest places on earth being turned into a social disaster.

Boggs and I are living the good life in California. We're living in our sheltered communities with our swimming pools, housekeepers, gardeners, etcetera. Meanwhile, they go home to the shitstorm of L.A & SF. If you can climb out of the mire, and reach the coast or mountains this place rocks for the 1%. Otherwise, TJ is nicer than parts of L.A.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick your statistics morons and post some facts. I’ll give you a few, using employment as a metric. 2015–California gained 483,000 jobs, a rate of 3%—twice that of Texas. Total US job growth 2.45 million. For 2017, California slowed a bit—400,000 jobs. US slowed as well, 2 million jobs added. That’s right, more job growth under Obama in 2015 than under agent Orange.

Has it ever dawned on you that there are more homeless in California because we honor the constitution, and being homeless is not a crime? And the temperature is much nicer than the hell-hole of Massachusetts in the winter where they haven’t yet tarred and feathered Matty and run him out of town on a rail?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 4 of 205

Jump to: