myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
NW...just as you are sick of whatever went wrong in your home state, I’m sick of people complaining about her. Everyday I wake up I pinch myself, can’t believe how nice this place is.. If I quit my job tomorrow and travelled the state , it would take me 10 years to see everything...

Yeah, you haven't even sailed Malibu...on a big swell.

I know!!! put it on the list...
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo at its best
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Pick your statistics morons and post some facts. I’ll give you a few, using employment as a metric. 2015–California gained 483,000 jobs, a rate of 3%—twice that of Texas. Total US job growth 2.45 million. For 2017, California slowed a bit—400,000 jobs. US slowed as well, 2 million jobs added. That’s right, more job growth under Obama in 2015 than under agent Orange.

Has it ever dawned on you that there are more homeless in California because we honor the constitution, and being homeless is not a crime? And the temperature is much nicer than the hell-hole of Massachusetts in the winter where they haven’t yet tarred and feathered Matty and run him out of town on a rail?

Honor the constitution????? What a f$$king joke.....You ignore the rule of law on a daily basis. Not only do you ignore the law but you offer incentive to break it.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
Leo at its best

Wow!! waves that big are scare me. Give me nice shoulder high waves and I am more than happy. I almost drown a few years back when supping 8 foot waves. Got rolled and my board ripped of my leg, then I got stuck in the white water exhausted with no floatation for 15 minutes. Sad Sad
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Pick your statistics morons and post some facts. I’ll give you a few, using employment as a metric. 2015–California gained 483,000 jobs, a rate of 3%—twice that of Texas. Total US job growth 2.45 million. For 2017, California slowed a bit—400,000 jobs. US slowed as well, 2 million jobs added. That’s right, more job growth under Obama in 2015 than under agent Orange.

Has it ever dawned on you that there are more homeless in California because we honor the constitution, and being homeless is not a crime? And the temperature is much nicer than the hell-hole of Massachusetts in the winter where they haven’t yet tarred and feathered Matty and run him out of town on a rail?

So the measure of the constitutionality of a given state is by counting the homeless?
Wow, what planet are you from?
Oh that's right, planet Berkeley.

I might have to write that one down under mac's facts and figures.
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From: https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2017/08/texas-population-trends.html

Quote:
Births and Migration Push Population to Nearly 28 Million
Texas State Data Center | August 2017

Texas continues to have strong population growth in the second decade of the 21st century. This growth is from a robust and balanced combination of natural increase and net migration that pushed the state’s population to almost 28 million.

For each year between 2010 and 2016, Texas has had the nation’s largest annual population growth. During this period, the state added about 211,000 people per year through natural increase.

from: http://freebeacon.com/issues/number-californians-moving-texas-hits-highest-level-nearly-decade/

Quote:
Number of Californians Moving to Texas Hits Highest Level in Nearly a Decade

California transplants take $1.77 billion in adjusted gross income with them

BY: Ali Meyer
March 31, 2016 3:15 pm

The number of Californians leaving the state and moving to Texas is at its highest level in nearly a decade, according to data from the Internal Revenue Service.

According to IRS migration data, which uses individual income tax returns to record year-to-year address changes, over 250,000 California residents moved out of the state between 2013 and 2014, the latest period for which data was available. The tax returns reported more than $21 billion in adjusted gross income to the IRS.

Of the returns, 33,626 reported address changes from California to Texas, which has been the top destination for individuals leaving California since 2007. Californians who moved to Texas between 2013 and 2014 reported $2.19 billion in adjusted gross income.

From: http://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/state-unemployment-update.aspx

Unemployment rates in Dec. 2017

Calif. - 4.4
Texas - 4.0
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac said:
Quote:
Has it ever dawned on you that there are more homeless in California because we honor the constitution, and being homeless is not a crime?

Wow, that one will take some explaining.

The climate is certainly conducive to homelessness, so I guess if you don't have a roof over your head, the best place may be Calif.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
mac said:
Quote:
Has it ever dawned on you that there are more homeless in California because we honor the constitution, and being homeless is not a crime?

Wow, that one will take some explaining.

The climate is certainly conducive to homelessness, so I guess if you don't have a roof over your head, the best place may be Calif.

It's nice and warm in Mexico last time I checked.. just no free rides..
mac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classic. I ask people for a metric, Techno responds like an adult, the rest of you troll. Now its time for you to whine that you get any respect.

Techno makes the case that, on at least one metric, Texas is slightly better. But then you have to live in Texas. Been there, not doing that.

By the way, to get a fair set of metrics, you would have to plot a trend, not look at just a single year. For me, plotting a comparison of the average summer temperatures in the cities large enough to have at least some culture would reveal the vast superiority of California in livability when comfort is measured.

Now, this is only one incident, but it may be indicative of how Texans treat the homeless. We already know about dragging black men.
https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-daily-post/video-of-a-homeless-austin-man-went-viral-because-it-shows-how-crappy-everybody-treats-homeless-people/
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Classic. I ask people for a metric, Techno responds like an adult, the rest of you troll. Now its time for you to whine that you get any respect.

Techno makes the case that, on at least one metric, Texas is slightly better. But then you have to live in Texas. Been there, not doing that.

By the way, to get a fair set of metrics, you would have to plot a trend, not look at just a single year. For me, plotting a comparison of the average summer temperatures in the cities large enough to have at least some culture would reveal the vast superiority of California in livability when comfort is measured.

Now, this is only one incident, but it may be indicative of how Texans treat the homeless. We already know about dragging black men.
https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-daily-post/video-of-a-homeless-austin-man-went-viral-because-it-shows-how-crappy-everybody-treats-homeless-people/

Dragging black men? And you wonder why you have zero respect. What an ignorant statement, to label a state of nearly 30 million by the actions of a handful of red neck POS...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 5 of 205

Jump to: