myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
techno900



Joined: 28 Mar 2001
Posts: 3478

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all of you guys need to write letters to the LA times and complain about their overemphasis of MS-13s misdeeds.

All I did was post a LA Times story with no commentary from me, and you guys spin it as if there was nothing to the story and deflect to how well everything is going crime wise in Calif.

Ignoring dirty diapers doesn't make the stink go away.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 6697

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I think all of you guys need to write letters to the LA times and complain about their overemphasis of MS-13s misdeeds.

All I did was post a LA Times story with no commentary from me, and you guys spin it as if there was nothing to the story and deflect to how well everything is going crime wise in Calif.

Ignoring dirty diapers doesn't make the stink go away.


These clowns will never acknowledge anything that conflicts with their moronic left wing views...Mac and cobo will be dead and gone and future generations will suffer from their arrogance and ignorance to the facts...

California is a special place slowly eroding because of left wing lunacy...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 11035
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I think all of you guys need to write letters to the LA times and complain about their overemphasis of MS-13s misdeeds.

All I did was post a LA Times story with no commentary from me, and you guys spin it as if there was nothing to the story and deflect to how well everything is going crime wise in Calif.

Ignoring dirty diapers doesn't make the stink go away.


not at all they are a local issue that should be discussed by the media but not in context of immigration but in gangs including KKK, neo nazi and so on, as noted in California the gun death rate is way lower but you still address it. Maybe this could be a way to have way more strict yearly mandatory safety courses for gun owners at their cost, with a test, if you can not pass the test like driving no license to own a gun of any sort... maybe a way to discuss they should ban handguns, assault guns, and set an example.

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 13103
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I think all of you guys need to write letters to the LA times and complain about their overemphasis of MS-13s misdeeds.

All I did was post a LA Times story with no commentary from me, and you guys spin it as if there was nothing to the story and deflect to how well everything is going crime wise in Calif.

Ignoring dirty diapers doesn't make the stink go away.


So much happy horseshit. Techno--you may be more subtle than nazi-Matty, but you consistently cherry-pick stories with a white nationalist perspective. In doing so, you assiduously ignore the segregated educational system where you taught, and priorities. When you post such a pattern of horseshit, your message is not obscured when you don't make a comment. There are many, many gangs as dangerous and with more members than MS-13--but that doesn't support your fears. This has you guys nailed:

Quote:
Opinion
It’s All Rooted in White Panic
Attempts to hold back inevitable shifts in American power are behind Trump’s politics.

Charles M. Blow
By Charles M. Blow
Opinion Columnist

June 5, 2019

977

Every so often it’s important to step back from the freak show of the moment so that you can see the whole circle. That has never been more important than at this moment and under this administration.

Everything that has happened during recent years is all about one thing: fear by white people that they will inevitably lose their numerical advantage in this country; and with that loss comes an alteration of American culture and shifting of American power away from white dominance and white control. White people don’t want to become one of many minority groups in America and have others — possibly from Asia, Latin America, Africa or the Middle East — holding the reins of power, and dictating inclusion and equity.

This is manifested in every issue you can imagine: the Confederate monuments fight, opposition to Black Lives Matter, intransigence on gun control, voter suppression laws, the Muslim ban, the hard line on asylum seekers coming across the southern border, calls to abolish the visa lottery, the defaming of majority black countries, efforts to overturn Roe v. Wade, the addition of a census question that could cause an undercount of Hispanics, the stacking of the courts with far-right judges (the vast majority of whom are white men). You name it, each issue is laced the white panic about displacement.

One manifestation of this panic, on the fringes, is a growing domestic terrorism problem largely driven by white nationalists and white supremacists. As ABC News reported about congressional testimony given in May by the assistant director of the F.B.I.’s counterterrorism division, Michael McGarrity:

“He said that of the 850 domestic terrorism investigations currently underway inside the United States, about 40 percent target subjects who adhere to racist ideologies, and ‘a significant majority’ of them are white nationalists or white supremacists. The vast majority of the other cases involve subjects who promote anti-government or anti-authority sentiments, McGarrity testified.”

Other groups, like the Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League, have also been tracking and documenting this rise.

And yet Donald Trump has downplayed this crisis, saying that he didn’t really think the rise of white nationalism was really a problem, but that the threat was just “a small group of people that have very, very serious problems.

Just as Trump saw fine people among the Nazis in Charlottesville, he is unable to see — or more precisely, to admit and address — white nationalism and white supremacy because he is at this moment these causes’ greatest champion.

The president won’t condemn white nationalism because this presidency is white nationalism.

Instead, Trump and many others try to reduce white nationalism and white supremacy to terrorist plots and murderous rampages. They otherize the white militant, while not acknowledging that their goals are the same, even if their tactics diverge.

The violent white nationalists are simply the leading edge, the violent vanguard, of the teeming massive of “soft” white nationalists and white supremacists, those who use stigmas and statutes as their weapons, those who have convinced themselves that their motivations have nothing to do with American racism and everything to do with American culture.

EBut in Trump’s America, this threat is not the priority that it should be. At the House oversight subcommittee on civil rights and civil liberties hearing this week, McGarrity and others were grilled about why more wasn’t being done to confront this threat. The Department of Homeland Security assistant secretary, Elizabeth Neumann, would admit, “We know we’re not doing enough.”

I would counter that this administration is doing no more than it wants to do. This is its iteration of America. This violence is simply collateral damage in a greater war in which the violence isn’t written in blood but ink, in which the white power is secured, and displacement is delayed, through a fundamental restructuring of the laws around which babies get born, which addictions get treated, which bodies are allowed to immigrate or seek asylum and whose voice and votes get counted.

There are no doubt those who hold the belief, because of religion or otherwise, that a fertilized egg is a baby, and that abortion is murder. But, there are also those among that group who are concerned about demography.

As HuffPost reported, white supremacists cheered at the news that Alabama had passed its draconian anti-abortion law.

As the racist Iowa congressman, Steve King, tweeted in March of 2017, “We can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies.”

The proposed census changes have a similar goal: If you’re losing in the game of numbers, change the way you count.

As NPR reported on Tuesday:

“Challenges threatening the upcoming 2020 census could put more than four million people at risk of being undercounted in next year’s national head count, according to new projections by the Urban Institute. The nonpartisan think tank found that the danger of an inaccurate census could hit some of the country’s most difficult to count populations the hardest. Based on the institute’s analysis, the 2020 census could lead to the worst undercount of black and Latino and Latina people in the U.S. since 1990.”

Don’t just grouse over each individual fruit of the poison tree, also focus on the root.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
techno900



Joined: 28 Mar 2001
Posts: 3478

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac said:
Quote:
This has you guys nailed:

That's what is so sad, you guys are blinded by so much leftist hate and ignorance, much spawned by the major media, that you have no concept of how most conservatives think. Granted, there are some on the right that are truly white nationalist, but that's a very, very small minority. No different that the left, but now many are so far left, your own party doesn't know where it's going.

[/b]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 13103
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
mac said:
Quote:
This has you guys nailed:

That's what is so sad, you guys are blinded by so much leftist hate and ignorance, much spawned by the major media, that you have no concept of how most conservatives think. Granted, there are some on the right that are truly white nationalist, but that's a very, very small minority. No different that the left, but now many are so far left, your own party doesn't know where it's going.

[/b]


Diversion. There is nothing left in the Republican party except those who reflexively oppose abortion and are willing to write religion into the Constitution to prevent it, and those who tolerate white nationalism and overt racism. Beyond sad. Not remotely conservative.


Last edited by mac on Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 6697

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
techno900 wrote:
mac said:
Quote:
This has you guys nailed:

That's what is so sad, you guys are blinded by so much leftist hate and ignorance, much spawned by the major media, that you have no concept of how most conservatives think. Granted, there are some on the right that are truly white nationalist, but that's a very, very small minority. No different that the left, but now many are so far left, your own party doesn't know where it's going.

[/b]


Diversion. There is nothing left in the Republican party except those who reflexibly oppose abortion and are willing to write religion into the Constitution to prevent it, and those who tolerate white nationalism and overt racism. Beyond sad. Not remotely conservative.



Great sound bites from a pathetic old man....When you have no actually ideas and your only hope of staying in power is flooding the country with a new base and offering everything free you know somethings wrong...

Your party is now run by 4 anti-american airheads...just a small group of far left retards like yourself can relate to these scumbags..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 13103
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
By Michael Scherer July 16
With a tweeted attack on four minority congresswomen this week, President Trump made clear that his reelection campaign will feature the same explosive mix of white grievance and anti-immigrant nativism that helped elect him.

Trump’s combustible formula of white identity politics already has reshaped the Republican Party, sidelining, silencing or converting nearly anyone who dares to challenge the racial insensitivity of his utterances. It also has pushed Democratic presidential candidates sharply to the left on issues such as immigration and civil rights, as they respond to the liberal backlash against him.

Still unknown is whether the president is now on the verge of more permanently reshaping the nation’s political landscape — at least until long-term demographic changes take hold to make nonwhite residents a majority of the country around 2050.



When all you read or watch is programmed by Murdoch, you don't really know much.

A huge majority of the country knows that Trump's posts about 4 elected officials are racist. 90% of what is left in the Republican party insist that Trump is not a racist. When the evidence doesn't fit your biases, watch something else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 6697

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Quote:
By Michael Scherer July 16
With a tweeted attack on four minority congresswomen this week, President Trump made clear that his reelection campaign will feature the same explosive mix of white grievance and anti-immigrant nativism that helped elect him.

Trump’s combustible formula of white identity politics already has reshaped the Republican Party, sidelining, silencing or converting nearly anyone who dares to challenge the racial insensitivity of his utterances. It also has pushed Democratic presidential candidates sharply to the left on issues such as immigration and civil rights, as they respond to the liberal backlash against him.

Still unknown is whether the president is now on the verge of more permanently reshaping the nation’s political landscape — at least until long-term demographic changes take hold to make nonwhite residents a majority of the country around 2050.



When all you read or watch is programmed by Murdoch, you don't really know much.

A huge majority of the country knows that Trump's posts about 4 elected officials are racist. 90% of what is left in the Republican party insist that Trump is not a racist. When the evidence doesn't fit your biases, watch something else.



We saw him push back against four cunts who have said the most disgusting and vile things about Trump, ICE, Border Patrol, America, Israel, and countless other things.

He said go back to where you came from .....big fucking deal!!!

But please continue, you're too dumb to realize it only helps Trump..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 13103
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty is too dumb, and too sub-human to actually identify something that someone has said that he objects to. If he can’t repeat a Trump tweet he is lost.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 66 of 70

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group