myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
swchandler wrote:
"Bottom line, no one cares how it gets paid..."

Oh really? Maybe in your world, but most thoughtful folks know that dumping tens of billions of taxpayer dollars for Trump's stupid wall is a terrible idea.

Hey, I've got an novel idea. Why doesn't Donald Trump levy a special border wall tax from the 1% with all the money. I'm sure that none of the millionaires and billionaires across the country would mind at all, because they can easily afford to piss money away for stupid stuff like a border wall.

Tell the people in San Diego the wall is stupid....How many people live there..a couple million??? how many do you see saying tear down this wall...???? NONE

Trump did tell the people of San Diego, and they voted out 5 Republicans in the area... Elections have consequences. Only 38% of the knuckleheads in this country want the stupid wall.

Your poll results are where you choose to find them, so it's best to not post a link, right?
But I will, knowing that the usual suspects will dump on the source, but tough titties, I don't care, at least I'll post the source. 92% call illegal immigration a problem, 77% think it's serious.

https://www.mrctv.org/blog/survey-77-percent-americans-think-illegal-immigration-serious-problem-55-percent-support-hotline-report-illegals
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on mat-ty, what do you think about the idea of a special border wall tax leveraging millionaires and billionaires? We all know that they can afford it, especially since Donald Trump and congressional Republicans gave those folks a windfall in tax cuts well into the future. It only makes sense that they should give some back to support Trump's wall folly.

Last edited by swchandler on Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Come on mat-ty, what do you think about the idea of a special border wall tax leveraging millionaires and billionaires? We all know that they can afford it, especially since Donald Trump and congressional Republicans gave those folks a windfall in tax cuts well into the future. It only makes sense that they should give some back to support Trump's folly.

Whatever it takes.....the money is a joke...less than 1% of budget.

For you and Boggs.....this is from 2006 95% effective....works for me

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5323928
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
swchandler wrote:
"Bottom line, no one cares how it gets paid..."

Oh really? Maybe in your world, but most thoughtful folks know that dumping tens of billions of taxpayer dollars for Trump's stupid wall is a terrible idea.

Hey, I've got an novel idea. Why doesn't Donald Trump levy a special border wall tax from the 1% with all the money. I'm sure that none of the millionaires and billionaires across the country would mind at all, because they can easily afford to piss money away for stupid stuff like a border wall.

Tell the people in San Diego the wall is stupid....How many people live there..a couple million??? how many do you see saying tear down this wall...???? NONE

Trump did tell the people of San Diego, and they voted out 5 Republicans in the area... Elections have consequences. Only 38% of the knuckleheads in this country want the stupid wall.

Your poll results are where you choose to find them, so it's best to not post a link, right?
But I will, knowing that the usual suspects will dump on the source, but tough titties, I don't care, at least I'll post the source. 92% call illegal immigration a problem, 77% think it's serious.

https://www.mrctv.org/blog/survey-77-percent-americans-think-illegal-immigration-serious-problem-55-percent-support-hotline-report-illegals

Gallup, CBS, and many others are all in the 38-42% range, ironically similar to the popular vote totals in the mid terms....

NW...no shit. Both your titles are softballs. Is illegal immigration a problem, yes. Is it serious , yes. DOH!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
swchandler wrote:
Come on mat-ty, what do you think about the idea of a special border wall tax leveraging millionaires and billionaires? We all know that they can afford it, especially since Donald Trump and congressional Republicans gave those folks a windfall in tax cuts well into the future. It only makes sense that they should give some back to support Trump's folly.

Whatever it takes.....the money is a joke...less than 1% of budget.

For you and Boggs.....this is from 2006 95% effective....works for me

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5323928

Matty, illegal immigration peaked in 2007, the height of the housing explosion. 2006 was a huge issue, today it is NOT.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know mat-ty, I would much prefer spending 5+ billion on infrastructure. That kind of investment benefits American taxpayers well into the future, especially since our country's infrastructure is in such sad shape these days.

If the truth be told, we need to spend far more than that, and I would hope that you realize that. If Republicans are as smart as you think they are, you'd think they could have made some credible headway in that arena having controlled government for years now. Why have they failed so miserably?

I have no doubt that the Democrats would be open to work on a bi-partisan plan to begin addressing our major infrastructure problems. However, I'm not convinced that the Republicans in the Senate would be amenable to doing something so practical and beneficial for the nation.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Matty, a few days ago you stated that China is growing its GDP at 1.5%, when in fact they grew at 6.5% in q3... Please cite a citation to support your claim or stop misrepresenting the truth ...aka making shit up..

Q3 ended 4 months ago. I thought thats what I heard but maybe not, either way their economy is heading down and they have much more to lose than we do.

So why is Apple biting it in China..Tariffs???? or overpriced, boring phones that the down turning economy can't afford? not to mention the chinese knock off market.
Cook was cute blaming the tarriffs for the lack of sales for his overpriced phones.

I hate Apple, would never buy one of their phones or computers.....Android all the way...My moto is 2 years old , cost $400 dollars and I have had zero issues....wife and kids have apple, all I do is go to the apple store to get them fixed.

Thanks for admitting you were wrong. BTW-they will grow at 6% in q4, and 2019...so nice try ...
Over 700 US companies that employ millions of Americans are blaming tariffs, in fact many companies are in the process of offshoring to countries that we don't tag with tariffs. Apples tariff issue is all about their supply chain. China is ground zero for that, and it also hurts their own population's ability to afford $1100 phones.
Trumps policies are leading us straight into stagflation...

BS, Apples problems are self inflicted just like GMs.... Cooks a weasel.

Meanwhile 300,000 plus jobs last month.

Obama in 8 years loses 250,000 manufacturing jobs.
Trump in two years has created 450,000 manufacturing jobs...

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

And it only cost $2TRillion dollars! and a massive tax to the consumer....Well worth it..

Like I said ....self inflicted. Their sales are down because the innovation has been slow, serious competition from Samsung, Lenovo, MS, Amazon, Google, and all the Chinese knock offs..

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/05/technology/apple-iphone-replacement-mom.html
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genetically predisposed? Warning: don't make any negative comments because Mac will label you a door-bell-lickaphobe.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4827071/doorbell-licker/?utm_medium=Facebook&utm_source=GlobalNews&fbclid=IwAR1baKJKdrgNOF_7hNdL08GoPi1Qm5lDPZi5VMHeLgcPDX39d2jvggKe28w&fbclid=IwAR34ybQ86B294KLFMczCSQzhY3iW1PJvFNOY3hL0saRbzJ5B8Y2-4IXEvNI

isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York is no saner than California. DeBlasio is stumping for a new concept he calls Paid Personal Leave Time. It's a brilliant job perk every employer should be required to provide for all workers: give them two weeks off each year to do with what they please, with full pay.

OK, I realize I'll have to explain to the leftards why this is insane and why it presumes every voter is as dumb as a box of rocks: WE ALREADY HAVE THAT. IT'S CALLED VACATION TIME, OR ANNUAL LEAVE.

vientomas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
New York is no saner than California. DeBlasio is stumping for a new concept he calls Paid Personal Leave Time. It's a brilliant job perk every employer should be required to provide for all workers: give them two weeks off each year to do with what they please, with full pay.

OK, I realize I'll have to explain to the leftards why this is insane and why it presumes every voter is as dumb as a box of rocks: WE ALREADY HAVE THAT. IT'S CALLED VACATION TIME, OR ANNUAL LEAVE.

Not every small businesss offers paid vacation. How many private small businesses have you run? How many private employees have you had to manage payroll for? How much did your private small business pay out annually for paid vacation?

I'm betting your answers are: None, None and none. After you have spent some time in the private sector, maybe you can render an opinion on the issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 29 of 205

Jump to: