myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baja said:
Quote:
Your low to no IQ30 is an issue. Obviusly you never did well with math logic. And are dumber than a rock. Booo scare tactics from anecdotal data of your hood is just a crying game.

Gee, the LA Times writes a story about MS-13 crime in the city, and baja has an issue with me. Speaking about lack of logic and dumber than a rock...……………
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
baja said:
Quote:
Your low to no IQ30 is an issue. Obviusly you never did well with math logic. And are dumber than a rock. Booo scare tactics from anecdotal data of your hood is just a crying game.

Gee, the LA Times writes a story about MS-13 crime in the city, and baja has an issue with me. Speaking about lack of logic and dumber than a rock...……………

thats where it belongs a local issue not mixed in with right wing natioanl hate. the example sited showed where it stands nationally with the gun numbers of a right wing racist state.

you are so dumb it is an insult to rocks to be compared to you.

mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Mac wrote:

Quote:
mac wrote:
So Techno, you look like the snowflake of the year. In fact, violent crime has been going down since colonial times, and has gone down by 49% since 1993. https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/01/03/5-facts-about-crime-in-the-u-s/

But you amply demonstrate the point that Trump’s campaign of fear resonates with low information voters. Congratulations. Snowing in North Carolina, snowflakes everywhere.

coboardhead posted:

And, California has seen some of the sharpest declines in the per capita gun murder rate. Any State should wonder what it is that is going on in California that has caused this reduction and wonder why they can't do the same.

Especially, for those that live in States like North Carolina. Techno, why is it that the gun murder rate has increased in North Carolina and decreased in "nutty California"?

Interesting, I post a story about MS-13 and my old neighborhood and you two twist it into a North Carolina issue. I guess it's no big deal with you guys since you won't acknowledge the problems California has with some really bad illegals. Oh sorry, "undocumented immigrants".

If you actually knew something about crime and disfunction, you would know that crime rates by first generation immigrants are lower than societal averages, but increase in the second generation for people that are not integrated into the society and economy. But reasoning is not Techno’s strong point. If I reasoned like him, I could argue that violent crime has dropped to half what it was in 1996 because of immigration.

The essential facts, which you assiduously avoid acknowledging, are that crime is half what it was, and lower in California than in North Carolina. [/i]
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac said:
Quote:
But reasoning is not Techno’s strong point

I love it when the left shows its true colors. Ignore the obvious and deflect to something else. Isn't anyone on the left willing to acknowledge that MS-13 is a problem? If not, we all must assume that since crime is on the downswing in Calif., MS-13 is not a big deal. That's why "nutty" fits the Calif. image.

Mac also said:
Quote:
The essential facts, which you assiduously avoid acknowledging, are that crime is half what it was, and lower in California than in North Carolina. [/i]

You may want to check your facts - In 2017 (violent crimes per 100,000), Calif was 16th in the country (above average for the US), and NC was 26th (below average for the US).

https://www.statista.com/statistics/200445/reported-violent-crime-rate-in-the-us-states/

Plus I did post the improvement stats for homicides in both Calif. and NC, so your statements are clearly nothing but total BS, where you often shine.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Mac said:
Quote:
But reasoning is not Techno’s strong point

I love it when the left shows its true colors. Ignore the obvious and deflect to something else. Isn't anyone on the left willing to acknowledge that MS-13 is a problem? If not, we all must assume that since crime is on the downswing in Calif., MS-13 is not a big deal. That's why "nutty" fits the Calif. image.

Mac also said:
Quote:

You may want to check your facts - In 2017 (violent crimes per 100,000), Calif was 16th in the country (above average for the US), and NC was 26th (below average for the US).

https://www.statista.com/statistics/200445/reported-violent-crime-rate-in-the-us-states/

Plus I did post the improvement stats for homicides in both Calif. and NC, so your statements are clearly nothing but total BS, where you often shine.

I love it when the right shows its true colors--panic and fear of others. Nothing left. MS-13 gangs, Cripps, Bloods, and the Aryan brotherhood are all dangerous people. With the exception of Mexican drug gangs involved in the drug trade, none of them have much to do with immigration--despite wide spread panic and hate-mongering among Trumpists. And the overall crime rate has gone down. Only someone deflecting, or unable to understand trend analysis, would cherry-pick a few numbers to try to show something else.
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, no comment on your misrepresentations (BS)?

Mac said:
Quote:
I love it when the right shows its true colors--panic and fear of others

MS-13 gangs do not cause fear or panic for the "right". They are typically well equipped to deal with really bad things should they happen. It's likely that the left is where the fear lies.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About MS-13. According to the 2009 National Gang Threat Assessment, "The gang is estimated to have 30,000 to 50,000 members and associate members worldwide, 8,000 to 10,000 of whom reside in the United States."

Quote:
The Aryan Brotherhood, also known as the Brand or the AB, is a neo-Nazi prison gang and organized crime syndicate in the United States with an estimated 15,000–20,000 members in and out of prison.

Quote:
Membership. The Crips have over 800 sets with 30,000 to 35,000 members and associate members, including more than 13,000 members in Los Angeles. The states with the highest estimated number of "Crips sets" are California, Texas, Oklahoma, and Missouri.

In OaKland and Berkeley, local gangs account for the bulk of the murders, mostly involving the drug trade. But you have managed to scare yourself, perhaps into buying another gun.

Speaking of BS, you cherry picked the numbers. California crime levels are at historic lows. Must be continued immigration, eh?

Quote:
Crime Trends in California
California’s violent crime rate rose in 2017—but it remains historically low.
California’s violent crime rate increased by 1.5% in 2017 to 451 per 100,000 residents. There were also upticks in 2012 and from 2015 to 2017, but the statewide rate is still comparable to levels in the late 1960s. The state’s violent crime rate increased dramatically from 1960 to 1980, from 236 to 888 violent crimes per 100,000 residents—a staggering 276% rise. After declining in the early 1980s, the rate rose to a peak of 1,104 in 1992. Since then, violent crime has decreased substantially. California’s violent crime rate ranked 16th nationwide and was higher than the national rate of 394 per 100,000 residents. In 2017, 59% of reported violent crimes in California were aggravated assaults, 32% were robberies, 8% were rapes, and 1% were homicides.
California’s violent and property crime rates are still at historic lows
figure - California’s violent and property crime rates are still at historic lows

SOURCE: Author calculation based on Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Uniform Crime Report 1960–2002 and the California Department of Justice’s Criminal Justice Statistics Center, California Crimes and Clearances Files, 2003–2017.

NOTE: Violent crime includes homicide, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault; property crime includes burglary, motor vehicle theft, and larceny theft (including non-felonious larceny theft).

The statewide property crime rate decreased in 2017.
The 2017 property crime rate of 2,491 per 100,000 residents is down 2.1% from 2016, and only 1.3% above the 50-year low of 2,459 in 2014. Like violent crime, property crime increased dramatically between 1960 and 1980—from 3,140 per 100,000 residents in 1961 to a 50-year peak of 6,900 in 1980. But the property crime rate fell in the 1980s and ‘90s, and by 2011 it was down almost 63%. California’s property crime rate was above the national rate (2,362 per 100,000 residents) and ranked 25th among all states. Of all reported property crimes in California in 2017, 65% were larceny thefts, 18% were burglaries, and 17% were auto thefts.
Crime rates vary dramatically by region and category.
The lowest rates of both violent and property crime in 2017 were on the South Coast (Imperial, Orange,San Diego, and Ventura Counties), with rates of 288 and 1,894 per 100,000 residents, respectively. The state’s highest rate of violent crime was in the relatively low-income San Joaquin Valley, which had 584 violent incidents per 100,000 residents, while the highest rate of property crime occurred in the San Francisco Bay Area, which had 3,049 property incidents per 100,000 residents. The crime category that varies most widely across regions is robbery: in 2017, the robbery rate in Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire (177 per 100,000 residents) was more than five times higher than the rate in the Sierras (34), which comprises Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, Inyo, Mariposa, Mono, and Tuolumne Counties. By contrast, larceny theft rates vary the least: the highest rate in 2017 was 2,133 incidents per 100,000 residents in the San Francisco Bay Area, and the lowest rate, again in the Sierras, was 1,185. The San Joaquin Valley had the highest auto theft rate (517), while the Sierras had the lowest rate (203).
Violent crime increased in a majority of counties …
A total of 33 of the state’s 58 counties saw increases in their violent crime rates in 2017. In 19 counties, the violent crime rate increased by more than 10%. Most of these large increases occurred in small counties, which are susceptible to substantial swings in crime rates due to small populations and rare instances of violent crime. Among the counties experiencing decreases in violent crime, seven saw declines of more than 10% (El Dorado, Madera, Mendocino, San Luis Obispo, Sierra, Tehama, and Yolo). Of the state’s 15 largest counties, 7 saw increases and 8 saw decreases in violent crime.
Among the 15 largest counties, Santa Clara, San Francisco, and San Mateo saw increases in both violent and property crime rates in 2017
figure - Among the 15 largest counties, Santa Clara, San Francisco, and San Mateo saw increases in both violent and property crime rates in 2017

SOURCE: Author calculation based on the California Department of Justice’s Criminal Justice Statistics Center, California Crimes and Clearances Files, 2016–2017.

NOTE: Chart shows California’s 15 largest counties, sorted by population size. Violent crime includes homicide, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault; property crime includes burglary, motor vehicle theft, and larceny theft (including non-felonious larceny theft).

… but property crime decreased in most counties.
A total of 36 of the state’s 58 counties—including 10 of the 15 largest—saw decreases in property crime rates in 2017. In many counties there were significant decreases. In nine counties—including three larger counties (Kern, San Luis Obispo, and Santa Barbara)—the property crime rate decreased by more than 10%. Seven counties, most of them less populous, saw their property crime rates increase by more than 10%. Only 5 of the 15 largest counties (Alameda, Contra Costa, San Francisco, San Mateo, and Santa Clara) experienced property crime increases.

https://www.ppic.org/publication/crime-trends-in-california/

Last edited by mac on Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Mac wrote:

Quote:
mac wrote:
So Techno, you look like the snowflake of the year. In fact, violent crime has been going down since colonial times, and has gone down by 49% since 1993. https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/01/03/5-facts-about-crime-in-the-u-s/

But you amply demonstrate the point that Trump’s campaign of fear resonates with low information voters. Congratulations. Snowing in North Carolina, snowflakes everywhere.

coboardhead posted:

And, California has seen some of the sharpest declines in the per capita gun murder rate. Any State should wonder what it is that is going on in California that has caused this reduction and wonder why they can't do the same.

Especially, for those that live in States like North Carolina. Techno, why is it that the gun murder rate has increased in North Carolina and decreased in "nutty California"?

Interesting, I post a story about MS-13 and my old neighborhood and you two twist it into a North Carolina issue. I guess it's no big deal with you guys since you won't acknowledge the problems California has with some really bad illegals. Oh sorry, "undocumented immigrants".

Now, you're getting it....

You have been cherry picking any data you possibly can to show how screwed up California is. The fact is that I can cherry pick data to show you the opposite. All this proves is that this thread is just a thinly veiled attempt, by you, to diss liberals. Not a real discussion on the problems that all States have and what we should be really doing about it.

You started this thread Techno. Someone who hasn't lived in California for decades and a conservative who enjoys bashing liberals at every opportunity. Then you cry foul when you get called on it?

CA has problems. So, do NC and CO. They aren't going to be solved by armchair pundits from outside.
coachg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I am glad I don't live where I grew up.

And so are we. Thank you for taking Trump's advice & leaving.

Coachg
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to point out how absurd Techno’s paranoia is—look at these numbers. The indictments that triggered the LA Times article that Techno posted involved 200 murders. A bad thing, and as many of those involved as possible—fewer than the Aryan Brotherhood—should be jailed rather than deported where they will commit crimes in other countries. Bad folks—both groups.

Now let’s look at drug overdoses. Killed over 70,000 people in 2017. A doubling since 2006. A huge part of that was opioids, marketed without conscience or regulation by drug companies. Under regulated, thanks to Republican dogma—and campaign contributions.

In my younger days I knew a few Hells Angels, who were the white criminal gang that dealt drugs and killed those who crossed them. I was afraid to break up fights when Angels stomped black men at a Santana rock concert—for dating a white woman. Funny how some people are only scared of people of color. Funny how many of them support Trump.

Fear governs some people, who have no idea what they should actually be afraid of. Hope most of them stay out of California.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 65 of 205

Jump to: