myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Coachg - take it up with roadsacks.net

Quote:
Note: We get the crime numbers from the FBI, which gets its crime numbers from the states themselves. This list is based on data. It’s also not a testament to the effectiveness of local law enforcement.

Infotainment—if that, rather than understanding, is your goal.
coachg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
techno900 wrote:
Coachg - take it up with roadsacks.net

Quote:
Note: We get the crime numbers from the FBI, which gets its crime numbers from the states themselves. This list is based on data. It’s also not a testament to the effectiveness of local law enforcement.

Infotainment—if that, rather than understanding, is your goal.

LOL. Exactly. Opening sentence."This article is an opinion based on facts and is meant as infotainment."

Coachg
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you guys can't refute the facts, you resort to discreating the source. However, that facts still don't change according to multiple sources.

Most dangerous states rankings:
Calif is 15
Texas is 17
North Carolina is 25

My point all along, Calif is more dangerous than TX or NC.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-most-dangerous-states-in-the-u-s.html

From: https://247wallst.com/special-report/2019/01/07/most-dangerous-states-in-america-4/7/

Slightly different numbers:
Calif 15
TX 16
NC 24
mac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
When you guys can't refute the facts, you resort to discreating the source. However, that facts still don't change according to multiple sources.

Most dangerous states rankings:
Calif is 15
Texas is 17
North Carolina is 25

My point all along, Calif is more dangerous than TX or NC.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-most-dangerous-states-in-the-u-s.html

From: https://247wallst.com/special-report/2019/01/07/most-dangerous-states-in-america-4/7/

Slightly different numbers:
Calif 15
TX 16
NC 24

When Techno feels defensive about living a southern state that has tried to disenfranchise minority voters with "surgical precision" he scours the internet for a way to argue that it is better to live in North Carolina. I'm pleased that you're staying there and I get to sail on San Francisco Bay. Let's keep it that way.
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said - can't refute, fall back on BS. No surprise there. Buy the way, the outer banks is pretty nice.
coachg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
When you guys can't refute the facts, you resort to discreating the source.

LOL. Techno, you are obviously allergic to reading. I did not discredit your source, I quoted the very first sentence in your source. YOUR source says it is an opinion based on facts. The rankings are an opinion, not facts. You are confusing opinion rankings for facts. I posted a list of facts for you. They are not opinions or rankings, just actual facts.

I gave you actual data for getting killed by a gun, raped or killed in an auto accident. Those are facts. An opinion would be if I ranked which event, gun, rape or accident was more dangerous. Do you see the difference now?

It seems to me that the safer a place is, the longer you can expect to live. I would consider Iran a dangerous place to live and I would like to point out that Iran's life expectancy is 75.5 years. No rankings, just facts.

Coachg
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you guys love the bay area and Calif., but it looks like you are in the minority.

Quote:
53 percent of Californians want to leave the state, according to new survey.

Dreaming of greener (read: cheaper) pastures? You're not alone.
According to a new survey by Edelman Intelligence, 53 percent of Californians are considering moving out of state due to the high cost of living. Millennials are even more likely to flee the Golden State — 63 percent of them said they want to.

Bay Area residents surveyed were especially sensitive to affordability issues, and it's no surprise. The median home value in San Francisco is $1.37 million, according to Zillow, and $1.09 million in San Jose. In Edelman's survey, 76 percent of Bay Area residents say they consider cost and availability of housing to be a serious issue.

Sixty-two percent also call homelessness a very serious issue for California.

It appears the housing and homelessness crises have led to a pessimistic outlook: 62 percent of those surveyed say the best days of living in California are behind them.

The trend is backed up by much of SFGATE's past reporting. We've spoken with people who've left California for the Pacific Northwest, Texas and Denver — all popular destinations for Bay Area ex-pats. Nearly everyone we talked to cites the high cost of living as the primary reason they left. Others were looking for a slower pace of life, lower taxes, less traffic and more time with family.

EXODUS: Why people leave the SF Bay Area besides housing costs
There have been other signs of the California exodus. In December, it was revealed that one of the most frequently Googled questions in California last year was "Should I move out?"

The Bay Area was also found to be leading the nation in outward migration, meaning more people are leaving the region than moving in. However, most people who moved out of the Bay Area didn't go to far; the number one destination was Sacramento, followed by Los Angeles, Seattle, Portland and San Diego.

https://www.sfgate.com/expensive-san-francisco/article/move-out-of-bay-area-california-where-to-go-cost-13614119.php
mac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said. If Techno actually wanted to know something instead of troll, he would look earlier on the thread and see the tiny numbers actually leaving. I also find it pretty funny that a teacher from a private school in the south misuses the word "buy." Shall we talk about education as a metric?
mac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me be crystal clear. I have a grandson with disabilities. Anyone who can vote for Trump, and argues that he is better than Hillary after this display:

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/09/trumps-lie-watching-celebrations-911-lurks-beneath-mockery-reporter/

is not someone I want in my state, much less in my Bay. Stay in North Carolina techno where there are other people who think this doesn't disqualify you for pretty much everything. Trump is scum.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
There is another way to look at it. Looks like California tops Texas and North Carolina for most dangerous states - maybe because having guns deters crime?

BS? Who knows, but just something to think about.

https://www.roadsnacks.net/most-dangerous-states-in-america/

I took a look at your numbers. This is a pretty odd statistic to base an argument on and I wonder what your reasons are? Seems sorta petty.

The differences in crime between NC and CA is around 20%. Does that statistic make you sleep better at night?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 82 of 205

Jump to: