myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
RFK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler said:
Quote:
Blacks aside, there are an awful lot of folks hating Hispanic illegal immigrants right now.

It would be interesting to see how many actually "hate Hispanic illegal immigrants". I for one don't hate them, and I feel sorry for the predicament that they are in. However, they are a problem of their own making since most chose to break our laws. I say most because of the children that were brought here by their parents without a choice. The "hate" thing is overplayed. I am sure that I have encountered many illegals with the various companies, contractors and workers that I have run into, and what I see is hard working folks trying to make a go if it. But that doesn't mean they should be here without proper documentation.

My issue is that illegals of any ethnicity cause more problems than they solve. Our government needs to find ways to fix things, and the most critical is to stop illegals from crossing the boarder. Once the influx is controlled, then dealing with those that are already here will be the objective.

Mac said:
Quote:
You and NW are both dead wrong that both sides are to blame. Racism is being enabled in the Republican Party because it has resulted in a shift of power.

Believe what you wish, but what I witnessed during Obama's run was more hard racial feelings and negative discourse than during the previous three administrations. Yes, the KKK and other racists groups seemed to think that Trump was supporting them, but that's more of a fake news issue than reality. I would guess that there are as many black racists as there are white racists.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
mac wrote:
Chandler—I think not. Trump won because he stimulated bigots to go to the polls. Those are the numbers. Ignoring the racist rantings of Matty, or jpbassman’s defense of Confederate sedition enables racism to thrive. It has come out of the shadows—as a direct reaction to Obama’s election. “I’m just not ready for a black president.”

Sorry Mac, but a huge number of Hispanics and to a lesser degree blacks voted for Trump. I know way more than a hundred Trump supporters and most of them are Hispanic. I don't know one racist in the bunch. Boo!

Steve-O...tRump got 28% of the Hispanic vote, and 8% of the black vote.
This post of yours may be the least persuasive in your history as an internet expert.

28% of Hispanics is a Yuge number. Next time it'll be even Yuger.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So techno900, I take it that you're up for building Trump's foolish wall along our border, and don't even want to consider going after the American citizens and businesses that hire illegal immigrants.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
So techno900, I take it that you're up for building Trump's foolish wall along our border, and don't even want to consider going after the American citizens and businesses that hire illegal immigrants.

How about both? what's your problem with a wall?. They work despite what liberals who live behind walls with armed security say..
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty, a border wall a ridiculous waste of money that would be better spent using higher tech methods and by employing more border patrol personnel. Also, walls don't prevent folks from entering using other entry points like airports, ports and established border checkpoints, and then overstaying their visas.

However, as I have been pointing out for some time now, if illegal immigrants can't get work and pay for their time here, they have no practical way to extend their stay no matter how they enter the country. As we know quite well, America isn't a cheap place to hang out without regular money coming in.

Lastly, if you don't get rid of the disease, it will continue to do its damage. The way that I like to look at it, it's American citizens and businesses that hire illegals immigrants are the disease here, and it's not the illegal immigrants.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:

Lastly, if you don't get rid of the disease, it will continue to do its damage. The way that I like to look at it, it's American citizens and businesses that hire illegals immigrants are the disease here, and it's not the illegal immigrants.

If you think that is the only magnet, then it's no wonder you feel the way you do, you've got a lot to learn about the multitude of magnets that are out there enticing the illegals, it's not just work.
Many of them have no interest in honest work, but they have great interest in our welfare system, medical services, schools, and even driver's licenses here in Ca., most all of which don't require a job. Hell just the opportunity of being able to stroll thru one of our supermarkets is like Disneyland to them.
On balance the illegals hurt our economy far more than they help it.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30, why don't you share all the details, but lose all the BS commentary coming from the right.

As I see it, it's through the education system that we spent most of our federal, state and local taxpayer dollars. That makes tons of sense. In the end, I'm convinced that their children become Americans in every sense living here. Hasn't that been a recurring theme in American history?

Lastly, even illegal immigrants have some folks that aren't easily making it. Maybe you should reflect on what churches do for those on the edge, including illegal immigrants. Are you all in for raiding church sanctuaries everywhere in this country? And, then there's hospitals treating sick folks. Where do you draw the line in our reality?
techno900

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler said:
Quote:

I don't care what system(s) are built to stop illegal boarder crossings, but it has to stop. And you already know that I support enforcement of laws against hiring illegals.

And just today:

Quote:
'Devastation' in East Tennessee Following ICE Raid
Nearly 100 immigrants arrested in Grainger County, Spanish-language journalist faces deportation in Memphis
Steven Hale Apr 6, 2018 3 PM

On the same day that Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents took Spanish-language reporter Manuel Duran into custody in Memphis, the federal agency carried out a massive raid at a meatpacking plant in East Tennessee.

The Thursday raid is reportedly the largest workplace raid in a decade, and the Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition says it's "a clear violation of the law and basic, constitutional rights."

The Washington Post reports:
Ten people were arrested on federal criminal charges, one person was arrested on state charges and 86 immigrants were detained for being in the country illegally, Tammy Spicer, a spokeswoman for Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said in a statement Friday. All of those arrested were in the country illegally, she said. Most were from Mexico.

The raid on Southeastern Provision in Grainger County, Tenn., follows arrests at 7-Eleven stores and other workplaces nationwide. Last year, the nation’s top immigration official said he had ordered agents to increase the number of work-site inspections and operations by “four or five times” this year, to turn off the job “magnets” that attract immigrants who are in the country illegally and punish employers who hire them.

The National Immigration Law Center and other immigrant advocates said the Tennessee raid was the largest since the George W. Bush administration and deployed many of the tactics of that era, with a surprise blitz of the factory, a helicopter and streets blocked by state and local authorities. ICE officials would not say where the raid ranked in terms of size.

In a written statement issued this morning, TIRRC's co-executive director Stephanie Teatro said: “Our communities have lived under intense fear since the Trump administration began, and this raid — coupled with local law enforcement involvement — will send shockwaves across the country. The community has shown tremendous strength in the face of this brazen attack on its members: Churches have become sanctuaries for those who feel unsafe, community leaders are speaking out against the attack, and we will continue to fight for basic, Constitutional rights for all. No one — not even the president — can take those away.”

Speaking to the Scene by phone, from a church near the factory where volunteers have set up a support base, Teatro says, “The level of devastation cannot be overstated.”

“Many of these families, their father is all of a sudden gone," she says. "They need support with groceries, they need child care.”
TIRRC, which has done work in Nashville to help families prepare for immigration crackdowns, has directed supporters to a GoFundMe page where donations can be made to support families affected by the raid.
Teatro says legal volunteers have been assisting family members with power-of-attorney documents, among others, to ensure that custody arrangements are in place for children. She says a legal response is forthcoming and that a coalition of organizations will "do everything in our power to bring these workers back to their families.”

Meanwhile in Memphis, Duran remains in ICE custody as of this writing, facing the threat of deportation. He was arrested while covering a protest earlier this week. The charges against him were dropped yesterday, but ICE agents were waiting for him upon his release. The Commercial Appeal reports that Duran is from El Salvador and had been living and working in Memphis for several years.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Where do you draw the line in our reality?

At the border.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900, one wonders why none of 10 folks being federally charged were identified by name and position at the factory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: