myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Who is Michael Cohen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most delicious part of Cohen's testimony was not the fact that Trump had Cohen threaten about 500 people to keep them quiet. It was that he even did it so his grades and SAT scores would not be made public. Trump knows how much of a fraud he is. I want to see the SAT scores. Maybe they're lower than NW's.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, mac, yesterday you had me as a paid employee of the White House, amazing detective work on your part, so now today you have me as a possible candidate for a run for POTUS.
I'll say it again, Damn you're good!

But you're right, these so called investigations will go on for the entirety of Trump's administration (more than likely 5 years), but the importance of each one will be of less importance than the one before, as they continue to fail.
So you just keep on cheering your diminishing returns, and whatever you do, don't try to re-enter the stock market, it's too late, maybe, but maybe not. But I know you wouldn't want to make a profit of 'evil blood money'.
LHDR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care about Trump's grades, but the characteristically disgusting thing is that he demanded the release of Obama's academic records while blocking his own. Disgusting to anyone who is not Republican.

mat-ty, I also couldn't care less if he paid off women. But he lied about it, doesn't that make it similar to Clinton's lies about Lewinsky?

What came up at the Cohen hearing, campaign finance violations, tax fraud, seems reasonable to investigate in a country that follows the rule of law. Not a circus, in my opinion. Of course, none of these things will lead to removal of the president from office, and that is just fine because these things are insignificant compared to the real problem - the damage Republican policies are doing to the country.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LHDR wrote:
I don't care about Trump's grades, but the characteristically disgusting thing is that he demanded the release of Obama's academic records while blocking his own. Disgusting to anyone who is not Republican.

mat-ty, I also couldn't care less if he paid off women. But he lied about it, doesn't that make it similar to Clinton's lies about Lewinsky?

What came up at the Cohen hearing, campaign finance violations, tax fraud, seems reasonable to investigate in a country that follows the rule of law. Not a circus, in my opinion. Of course, none of these things will lead to removal of the president from office, and that is just fine because these things are insignificant compared to the real problem - the damage Republican policies are doing to the country.

All true accept the circus part. I don't have a problem grilling Cohen but purposely doing it while the President in on a very important foriegn policy trip is disgraceful to say the least.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it a (not unexpected) riot how much damage Cohen did to the Democrats' collusion delusion. The idiot just can't stop lying, even to the point of completely contradicting his own sworn testimony, even after being convicted of it.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
coboardhead said:
Quote:
Does the check that Trump wrote to silence an affair not mean anything to you? It is his personal check.

What about the Congressional Accountability Act? From Fact Check:
Quote:
The meme is false — the money isn’t paid from an illegal “slush fund.” It’s unknown how much of the $17 million total over the last 20 years went to sexual harassment claim settlements. However, allegations of sexual abuse and harassment against powerful men like Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein, Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore, Rep. Conyers and Sen. Al Franken (D-Minnesota), NBC News anchor Matt Lauer and in the days leading up to the 2016 presidential election, President Donald Trump, have raised awareness of how rampant the problem is and how secretive and bureaucratically-cumbersome the process is for handling complaints against legislators — at the expense of taxpayers.

All men who deserved to lose their jobs IMO. Let's make it 100%. Men who pay off women to hush affairs do not deserve to be in office. Period.

I am so tired of the GOP and their "moral superiority" while they look the other way when Trump does this sort of thing.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
techno900 wrote:
coboardhead said:
Quote:
Does the check that Trump wrote to silence an affair not mean anything to you? It is his personal check.

Quote:
The meme is false — the money isn’t paid from an illegal “slush fund.” It’s unknown how much of the $17 million total over the last 20 years went to sexual harassment claim settlements. However, allegations of sexual abuse and harassment against powerful men like Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein, Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore, Rep. Conyers and Sen. Al Franken (D-Minnesota), NBC News anchor Matt Lauer and in the days leading up to the 2016 presidential election, President Donald Trump, have raised awareness of how rampant the problem is and how secretive and bureaucratically-cumbersome the process is for handling complaints against legislators — at the expense of taxpayers.

All men who deserved to lose their jobs IMO. Let's make it 100%. Men who pay off women to hush affairs do not deserve to be in office. Period.

I am so tired of the GOP and their "moral superiority" while they look the other way when Trump does this sort of thing.

Cobo Trumps activities with woman were willing participants, or should I say paid...big difference.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
techno900 wrote:
coboardhead said:
Quote:

Quote:

Cobo Trumps activities with woman were willing participants, or should I say paid...big difference.

Are you condoning his behavior? If this is not a problem, why did Trump pay to have it hushed? Why did he lie about it?

Personally, if a man has affairs with other women, that's his deal. But, hiding it during an election by paying them off is something entirely different. I wonder if he 1099ed her for this service? Let's see his tax returns!
mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let’s be clear. Trump could have paid the two most recent women to keep quiet. He could have argued that it was to keep his wife in the dark and had nothing to do with the campaign. There would have been nothing illegal about that. Sleazy and dishones, but that’s his daily routine. If he hadn’t done it on the eve of his election, he could have argued it had nothing to do with the campaign.

But he is a grifter to his last drop of greedy blood. He cooked up a scheme to have Cohen pay her, and then have his business pay Cohen back. To do so, he had to pay Cohen twice as much—as he said, to pay him an after-tax amount that fully reimbursed him. He then drew his accountant and son into the scheme. In making this a business expense based on fraudulent invoices, he drew them all into a tax fraud and campaign violation. Ro Khanna drew this out of Cohen in masterful questioning—he is a huge upgrade over Mike Honda. Cortez proved with her questions that she is much smarter and more strategic than any conservative on this forum. Especially NW, with his false and misogynistic claim that she is dumber than a box of hammers. Her hammer nailed Trump.

Rest assured, this is not the only felony that will be revealed.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking back to the outcome of the November 2018 election, Donald Trump tried to color the result as a big win for Republicans because they gained two measly seats in the Senate. Similarly, you folks on the right here echoed the goofy idea of a big Republican victory.

Yet, with the unquestionable loss of the majority in the House of Representatives, Trump is going to be haunted and continually hounded for the rest of his presidency by the Democrats. Trump's world is becoming very shaky in so many fronts. Once the subpoenas start flying and the truth emerges for all to see, Trump will be cornered like a vicious rat with nowhere to go. His ugliness and spite cannot save him. While I seriously doubt that he will be impeached, any thought that he will realistically win a second term will effectively crumble and vaporize.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 11 of 16

Jump to: