myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Do.Not.Mess.With.RR.Property
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rigitrite wrote:
Quote:
Perhaps the most widely applicable important lesson to be gained from this experience was that being in great shape for OTHER sports means squat when changing sports.

I suppose if you consider a fat tub of goo like John Daly as being "in shape" for golf, then sure, you'd suck at other sports requiring more rigor than whacking a golfball. Otherwise, this is one of the more stupid and completely untrue observations you've ever made, and your list of stupidity is both considerable and well documented.

Sorry, guy, but it's not an "observation"; it's controlled research by major sports medicine institutions and elite athletes. I've cited authoritative professional sources in prior threads, probably with some of the physiological explanations. It's even critical (at top competition levels) to avoid trying to mimic sport movements in the gym, such as swinging a weighted club, "throwing" using cables/weights/heavy balls, etc. The velocity and power involved at every tiny segment of the motion involved is critical to development of proper muscular and neurological patterns as required on the field of play; any variation therein teaches invalid, often counterproductive, patterns. i.e., it's productive at college, pro and olympic levels to separate strength building from skill development. Ya lifts in the gym, but throws on the field, and blending the two is usually self-defeating.

There's a bottomless abyss between "being" stupid and being "accused" of same.
bobsmithna

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars, do you recall going ballistic a few years back when my long-departed dog broke the "rules" by enjoying a relaxed fetch session at the shore at the Hatchery. And now that the shoe is on the other foot, are you complaining about other stupid rules that are now being applied to you? (And I don't want to hear another rant about dogs, leashes, etc, etc.)
WMP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
being in great shape for OTHER sports means squat when changing sports.

Hiking/running with poles on extremely steep trails really helps. I regularly workout on Dog Mountain especially in March/April to get my body ready for windsurfing in May. Get the time below 2 hrs for the entire up & down run and do it 3-4 times a week..... I promise you'll feel the difference when you make that first May sesh.
daviddk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
being in great shape for OTHER sports means squat when changing sports.

If isobars says it means squat it must be true. Why waste all that energy working out this winter? Ima gonna just drink beer, eat Cheetohs and watch football from the LazyBoy and be in just as good windsurfing shape next spring as all you workout fools. Thank you iso for making my life so much easier!
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobsmithna wrote:
Isobars, 1) do you recall going ballistic a few years back when my long-departed dog broke the "rules" by enjoying a relaxed fetch session at the shore at the Hatchery. (And I don't want to hear another rant about dogs, leashes, etc, etc.)

And now that the shoe is on the other foot, 2) are you complaining about other stupid rules that are now being applied to you?

1. Neither I nor the archives recall me "going ballistic" over dogs at any location, and I don't recall ever seeing a loose dog at the Hatchery anyway. (The best way to hide from dog discussions is to stop reading threads on the topic.)

2) Actually read the RR thread. It answers your question thoroughly.
Bendover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EVERY.ONE.BE.CARE.FULL

post reason. Bendover idiots just try to understand what isobars written when compare to pictures and may be all Bendover eyes dont' work?

question is understand what isobars written versus what pictres show. not about reason for trespassing or what ever other.

EVERY.ONE.BE.CAREFULL9

simple obvious with pictures. how do isobars written compare to pictures?

isobars written..

"Yes, I drove past a No Trespassing sign; it was the only way to retrieve my gear. But I never got near any tracks, so no one was in any danger from the 10 mph trains a hundred feet away  "  when " drove down the good dirt road along the shoreline, " to 'the swell-pounded riprap well east of Arlington."

Bendover Google top view picutre befor showed where trespasing sign dirt road along shor3line to east of arlington is right next to train traks? picture again show now

isobars written response ( besides new more cleverer name to Bendover)

"Anyone who wants to debate the definition of "near" -- in a legal OR safety/liability sense -- with Bentover is welcome to do so ... hopefully in another thread where it has at least SOME relevance. It's been fully explained in this thread already."

"I wrote:I never got near any tracks, so no one was in any danger from the 10 mph trains a hundred feet away."

"Google Earth’s Ruler function shows the nearest track at 76 feet away from me, the one in use 136 feet away. Both tracks and the trackside shoulder you wrongfully imply I was on were on a hillside way above me, as well, a fact concealed by your two-dimensional bird's-eye view. Thus that comment and the following one were even more accurate than I thought:"
"I wrote:Any train that hits someone on the road I was on is already >75 feet off the tracks, and has bigger alligators than whether I'm going to sue for injuries.I.e., it’s already plunging into the Columbia River. "

"The overriding interpretation and legal opinion in this matter are those of the AG, who not only supported mine but carried them much farther than I asked, expected, or hoped. Better yet, my experience directly aided in the next gear retrieval along that increasingly common lost gear graveyard. "

Bendover imply nothing. isobars written vs. pictures.

new pictur not "two-dimensional bird's eye view" (all pic 2d you know?.)  and how make sense with isobars written "Yes, I drove past a No Trespassing sign     I never got near any tracks, so no one was in any danger from the 10 mph trains a hundred feet away  "  when " drove down the good dirt road along the shoreline   east of Arlington."??

pictures irrefutably shows different han written. no not make difference final destination out of car, if train on which traccks, if all train 10 mph?? . isobars drove past no trespassing sign on dirt road along shoreline east of arlington so isobars drove right next to tracks. both ways even. why written differnt then pictures?

could have walked along shore to clean up gear outside fence with incredible fitness?

WHY why written different? WHYcontinue to written  different over and over? Bend written over and over.

What not understand from  "PRIVATE ROADWAY NO TRESPASSING UNION PACIFIC RR" that is single road wide from train traks? any more "near" is on tracks. Drove right between sign and tracks. had to drive along right next to tracks. is isobars now only written about when out of car and down by river and if train actualy on trak and more then 10 mph?? Bend the written from picture, over and over.

WHO.CARES? read isobars written, over over and over, think this one example: picutres vs. isobars written obfuscation of simple obvious. legal involved about no trespassing sign and train tracks "a hundred feet away > 75 feet way" simple simple obvious.  "which track in use?" what?  who see all trains at 10 mph in gorge. what??  where sign say "only if track in useand train fast and no longer in vehicle" ? what? "never got near any tracks" is not what pictures show.

why  ever written different to start? able to bend any thing, ever not bend?

BE.CAREFULL.EVERY.ONE.

If any body else understand isobars written vs pictures, remwmber Bendovers just idiots. please explain for us,, we BE.CARE.FUL.from you to.

simple to distance from tracks writtn to picture, not no not to reason "justification". please. Only written on no tresspassing sign and pictures show compare to what isobars written. please  nothing other.

uuuuuuuuuu.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  975.29 KB
 Viewed:  25111 Time(s)

uuuuuuuuuu.jpeg

uuuuu.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  984.01 KB
 Viewed:  25111 Time(s)

uuuuu.jpeg

isobars

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. What language are you typing ... LSD, or just LOTS of hard liquor? (If English is your third language, I apologize, but I doubt it.)

2. Your picture and comments refer to/show the trackside right of way, not the old, two-track road I was driving on at the water's edge, far from the tracks.

3. Sorry, dud, but the AG, not some internet wanker, gets to determine the legal issue and outcome.

4. Save your breath; you're back in the killfile after a brief, failed trial without it. Repeat offenders don't deserve much patience.
Bendover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnks Isobars reply. 

Bendovers we already written "First to hope to help isobars seen the point. Opinion on that: we idiot: lost cause. "

With isobqrs reply now we know how completely lost causes. cnstently amaz8ng and incredible and exceed even isobars. We can not BE.CARE.FUL enough of isobars ever increases.

isobars written reply makes so simple obvious Bendover warn selves annd EVERYONES.BE.CAREF.ULL. of.

Bendover idiots responds to written.

1. Nothing to do with isobars written compare to pictures.

2.  Isobars written before   "Google Earth’s Ruler function shows the nearest track at 76 feet away from me, the one in use 136 feet away. Both tracks and the trackside shoulder you wrongfully imply I was on were on a hillside way above me, as well, a fact concealed by your two-dimensional bird's-eye view. " in respons to Bendover picture and now wrtitten "  Your picture and comments refer to/show the trackside right of way, not the old, two-track road I was driving on at the water's edge, far from the tracks. "  (how isobars get there?) trespassing now not path-depends? what?  Picture was "fact" f8nding of where isobras were in isobars own written, but now isobars writtn same pictur now shows where isobars werent'? What? isobars written  "drove down the good dirt road"  but now written "old, two-track road" whichwas it it? what? Bend what written, over and over and over.  EVEY.ONES.BE CARE.FULL.

3.Nothing to do with isobars written compare to pictures. Do Insistant show that even in legal involved  bend over and over. EVERY.ONE.BE.CARE.FUL.

4. nothing to do with isobqrs written compare to pictures. Lost causes.  Isobars wrtten "read thread". may be isobars should do?  isobars written "calling things as I see them -- offends some people. Tango Sierra; life's not about trying to appease everyone. People whose goal is to be liked by everyone are doomed to failure, "

isobars written hqve big list of people who offend isobars and isobars dont like so "killfile"?  how that fits with isobars written "Tango Sierra" attitude?   Now isobars want to killfile Bendover to explans why isobars written different than "see them" picutres even whiles isobars written more bends. Yes. EVERY.ONES.BE.CARE.FULL.

Bendover idiots, but think not even iditos enough to continye this farce. What we know though, since we idiots?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: