myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Okespor bootie sizing for Bigfoot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Okespor bootie sizing for Bigfoot Reply with quote

I've read the threads.
I've Googled the hell out of it.
I've called retailers including shoes.com.
I can't even come close to getting a consistent answer.
Various Okespor sizing charts for men's booties say the T7 fits US men's sizes 11-12, 11-12.5, or 12.5-13.5. An Okespor sizing chart based on foot length says that my 11.1" foot (I wear size 13 shoes) calls for a T6. Most reviewers and websites say we should buy bigger than our shoe size because they run small. Others say we should buy small so they will fit snugly. Shoes.com said Okespor doesn't make a bootie that will fit a size 13 foot, yet one poster here wears neoprene socks under his T7s on his size 13 (maybe 12.5, like mine) feet.

Any more feedback from other Sasquatches?
westender

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps, a Okespor 6 fits my 10.5/11 good. I have some 7 in the high top zip up winter booties that should be good for 12 or a little more. Getting harder to find all the time. In your size there might be NOS on Amazon or Ebay. That's where I got my last couple pairs because Big Winds doesn't seem to have them anymore? Your swap meet booties don't look that big??
isobars

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black is deceiving, and 5-toed Vibrams are HIGHLY deceptive (5-toed 13s look like 9s or 10s). They all fit me or are just one size too small.

Your feedback is a step in the right direction. If T6s fit your 10.5 to 11, it's unlikely that T7s would jump to a 12.5 or 13.
techno900

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a pair of "kite low" in size 7 about a year ago. My right foot is size 12 and to keep the toe from hitting the end of the bootie, I have snug up the arch strap pretty tight. I did see a newer pair this spring in a shop (smaller size) and it looks like the rubber sole is tackier than the older model I have. A 13 foot will hit the end of the bootie, unless the newer models have changed.

I have a narrow foot and the Kite Low's fit nicely for the width.

Both heels of my booties have small cracks in the center of the heel in the same location about 1/4 inch long. I will glue them up. Not cuts, tears.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: